Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

KR gets another VIP update...

Comments

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited June 15, 2017
    Does Mabi even have 500 players left? Old time players are getting bored and leaving. New players leave quickly because the Dungeon Revamp is chasing them away because they can't do anything by them self and to be honest I'm not slogging my way through Barri with mobs that have over 2000 HP just so they can mine a few ores so they can become a blacksmith which they'll eventually realize is worthless because Gotyapon items.
    courtneyy
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Does Mabi even have 500 players left? Old time players are getting bored and leaving. New players leave quickly because the Dungeon Revamp is chasing them away because they can't do anything by them self and to be honest I'm not slogging my way through Barri with mobs that have over 2000 HP just so they can mine a few ores so they can become a blacksmith which they'll eventually realize is worthless because Gotyapon items.

A slog you say? Barri Normal even with the revamp is still pretty easy peasy to blaze through though. Stuff like the revamped Fiodh Normal on the other hand will tear a newbie apart in mere seconds...
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430

It's hard to estimate, but I'd guess that at this point, Mari has roughly 300-400 people left who spend more than 20 hours a week in-game doing not-AFK things.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Better hope this game gets another publisher then because nothing will change otherwise. NA Nexon has been doing this for the majority of this game's lifespan, and it isn't just Mabinogi. Nexon does this with ALL their games just milking them through gacha, while providing little to no viable (or at least long term) content or quality of life updates. This happens until the game is no longer financially beneficial enough to run or they somehow lose rights to the title, so no point in preaching to Nexon because all they care about is the whale money and if that cash flow ever stopped? They'll just drop this game like a cement block in the river.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Tairiku wrote: »
    Better hope this game gets another publisher then because nothing will change otherwise. NA Nexon has been doing this for the majority of this game's lifespan, and it isn't just Mabinogi. Nexon does this with ALL their games just milking them through gacha, while providing little to no viable (or at least long term) content or quality of life updates. This happens until the game is no longer financially beneficial enough to run or they somehow lose rights to the title, so no point in preaching to Nexon because all they care about is the whale money and if that cash flow ever stopped? They'll just drop this game like a cement block in the river.

Umm nexon would have to ok it getting another publisher as Nexon owns Devcat who develops it.
    This isn't like other games like DFO that were just published by nexon for a time, and moved.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Could another region of Nexon take over? I know Nexon KR owns Devcat, but if NA was to say crash and burn they'd just take over running NA's version, right? Cause unless NA's company gets some people with an entirely different mindset than those we currently have... I don't think anything is gonna ever change and the former feels more likely at this point.
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 16, 2017

Even if it were hypothetically possible for another publisher to take over the game it's not like there's any other F2P MMORPG publishers out there that are better. I mean hell even with how bad Nexon NA can be at least they're not Aeria Games! Aeria Games has published and driven so many MMOs into the ground over the years alongside being P2W to the extreme that it's beyond ridiculous.

Though as far as milking players through gachas goes, that's something found in just about every F2P MMORPG in existence. Given it's been proven to be a model that works for making companies tons of easy money. Sure it feels really scummy and frustrating from the point of view of a non-gacha spamming player. But from a business point of view it's pure genius. Given the number one thing all MMORPG publishers care about is making money. So if anything the blame really lies with the fact that there's people out there with way too much disposable income that enable these publishers to keep pushing gachas so hard. Since they wouldn't be doing it if it weren't so darn crazy profitable.
    courtneyy
  • TairikuTairiku
    I don't have a problem with gacha. I completely expect to see that sorta thing in a free to play game, but theres nothing "genius" about providing a HUGE amount gacha and cash items, while producing only a tiny amount of content for the majority of the game's lifespan. This has been a long running issue with Nexon and it's the reason they lose so many titles because every game under Nexon runs stagnant and dry due to lack of updates while trying to crank out as many cash items as possible. I won't comment on people with "too much disposable income" because its entirely their choice to do what they will with their money just like it's Nexon's choice to prioritize what they care about in this game.

(I can't speak for you, but the MMOs I still frequent don't milk their cash shop anywhere near as hard as NA Nexon milks theirs.)
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 17, 2017
    I don't have a problem with gacha. I completely expect to see that sorta thing in a free to play game, but theres nothing "genius" about providing a HUGE amount gacha and cash items, while producing only a tiny amount of content for the majority of the game's lifespan.

I only said it was "genius" from a business perspective. In the sense of maximizing profits while minimizing operation costs. Since from a business perspective (not a player perspective) that's surely ideal for a company like Nexon.

Also, I feel the need to point out that Nexon can't lose Mabinogi like they lost certain other titles. Because Mabinogi is made by DevCAT Studios and Nexon quite literally owns them.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    New players leave quickly because the Dungeon Revamp is chasing them away because they can't do anything by them self and to be honest I'm not slogging my way through Barri with mobs that have over 2000 HP just so they can mine a few ores so they can become a blacksmith which they'll eventually realize is worthless because Gotyapon items.

1 this is an mmorpg if you can't do something on your own party up that's part of the point of the game hell that was the main reason most people like playing mmorpg's.
    2 ok first thing blacksmith is worthless while yes the main reason most people do it is very much worthless aside from a few weapons due to gacha the stats it gives aren't worthless as it gives stamina something that is quite useful.
    secondly you aren't going to slog through barri to let them get ore because mobs have "2000hp" then don't someone else will do so.
This discussion has been closed.