Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Eweca stones shuld be a pernament in cash shop

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited July 20, 2017 in General Chat
Lets face it...80$ package is kinda unreasonable when people only want the red(maybe blue?) stones from it. The other items are pointless filler to cap players. It's 50% cheaper to just buy enuf of the other packages if u want to stack those fillers item to equate to the same amount offer in the 80$ box. 10 bucks for either sounds reasonable. They're not guaranteed success anyways like da enchant pots.

Your thoughts?

/Discuss
  1. Yes?73 votes
    1. Yes...Yes...
       41% (30 votes)
    2. They shuldn't even exist in the first place!
       59% (43 votes)

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited July 20, 2017
    Making pay2win more pay2win.

GG. Let's not follow Vindictus's path. Common Sense.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I actually support this and I wish Nexon would have made it so you can buy the Eweca/Ladeca Protection stones separately from the 80k NX package in cash shop too...

I don't want anything from the package except for those protection stones.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    I actually support this and I wish Nexon would have made it so you can buy the Eweca/Ladeca Protection stones separately from the 80k NX package in cash shop too...

I don't want anything from the package except for those protection stones.

And your only getting one as well...another 80 bucks if that one fails. :rolleyes:

Imma die a little inside every time I see one fails.

gNYY_f-maxage-0.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    The problem with 10 bucks per prot stone is that the regular stones are worth more than 10 bucks each. If the stones were to be sold outside of the package they'd have to be like 40~50 bucks each else the regular stones will become worthless.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Yeah, I'm wanting to try some prot stones, but $80 is downright painful. I do agree that the other items make the overall cost worth it, but for what most of us want, it's an $80 gamble. OUCH

The good news is just one package will be worth a lot of in-game gold even if the stones fail. I imagine the paywall is intended to keep the number of R7 items relatively low.
  • ZeoZeo
    Spy wrote: »
    The problem with 10 bucks per prot stone is that the regular stones are worth more than 10 bucks each. If the stones were to be sold outside of the package they'd have to be like 40~50 bucks each else the regular stones will become worthless.

Yeah I think $10 seem to be bit too low - I'd say more of a reasonable price would be $20~$30 for one stone or so.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017
    Spy wrote: »

20 bucks sounds more reasonable in that case. 40-50 bucks would not be worth it unless it is a guarantee succeed.
    Policroma wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm wanting to try some prot stones, but $80 is downright painful. I do agree that the other items make the overall cost worth it, but for what most of us want, it's an $80 gamble. OUCH

The good news is just one package will be worth a lot of in-game gold even if the stones fail. I imagine the paywall is intended to keep the number of R7 items relatively low.

Or tuck it away behind once in a blue moon events like lucky and reg protection ones.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Look at that p2w ship just sailing right off into the sunset
    ImaizumiVitulaAichann
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017
    Tairiku wrote: »
    Look at that p2w ship just sailing right off into the sunset

There is still a risk of failing. So...it isn't 2 bad. :D

Most people are stuck@ r5
    very few have r6
    Only the elitists/whales will try 4 r7 nywayz~

P.S. I wuld only do it 4 liek 2 pieces of gears only...blue ones for my celtic guardian staff and reds on my CRKs. :*
    Zeo
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    What kind of suggestion is that? It should be available through in-game that anyone can access.
    ZeoRheyGakkuriaquaImaizumiIyasenuAichannTairikuHappers
  • ZeoZeo
    Pan wrote: »
    What kind of suggestion is that? It should be available through in-game that anyone can access.

Good idea, to be honest!
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215

Sorta wish the eweca/Ladeca protection stones were the End-Prize for the Mission point event.
    Zeo
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017

Ur right.

I was 2 short-sighted!

I'll go genuflect over in a corner now...
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I'm going to disagree with this suggestion just because it would kinda defeat the purpose of having the regular Eweca stones. They require a pile of materials that are all pretty rare and you can still fail the crafting.

I'm of the opinion that Step 7 should belong to the end game people as a reward for their perseverance and risk. However I won't hate them if they do appear as the final reward of an event or something. I just feel that putting them behind a massive paywall isn't a great idea.
    Aichann
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    these things should be dropping in phantasm (a least the basic stones themselves) it's hard enough to make even the normal ladeca/eweca stones ingame, and yet you can just buy protection version. kinda annoying.... should be event reward even if it's a hard event and you only get 1
    ImaizumiMikuV3PudgyHamsterZeoTairiku
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I'm going to disagree with this suggestion just because it would kinda defeat the purpose of having the regular Eweca stones. They require a pile of materials that are all pretty rare and you can still fail the crafting.

I'm of the opinion that Step 7 should belong to the end game people as a reward for their perseverance and risk. However I won't hate them if they do appear as the final reward of an event or something. I just feel that putting them behind a massive paywall isn't a great idea.

Another 30 day Ultimate summer logfest again with a 1hr time frame each day with the reward given as the 30 day consecutive prize ? ;)
    Arjune wrote: »
    these things should be dropping in phantasm (a least the basic stones themselves) it's hard enough to make even the normal ladeca/eweca stones ingame, and yet you can just buy protection version. kinda annoying.... should be event reward even if it's a hard event and you only get 1

Hence wry I'm using mission points for unlim dung pass. Screw the outfits/wigs. I'll just buy em later off players if I really want them. Gotta get me sum of these mats and RS cuz U can't cs the passes anymore~ ;)
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    NO. anything that gives even a chance of giving the player Power in exchange for Real $$$ should never exist. im fine witht hese things being added in as rewards for events or a better/more material demanding reward from phantasm. but to sell it for real cash is a massive NO.

We already have pay2win int he form of Reforges. we dont need more.

dont get me wrong. i dont mind trying for R7 if i know my gear is safe from destruction incase it fails but im not going to buy it for real $$$. i will be 100% against this stuff.

just like reforges. i will use the item if its given out in a giveaway. but i will never partake in Pay2Win.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 20, 2017
    NO. anything that gives even a chance of giving the player Power in exchange for Real $$$ should never exist. im fine witht hese things being added in as rewards for events or a better/more material demanding reward from phantasm. but to sell it for real cash is a massive NO.

We already have pay2win int he form of Reforges. we dont need more.

dont get me wrong. i dont mind trying for R7 if i know my gear is safe from destruction incase it fails but im not going to buy it for real $$$. i will be 100% against this stuff.

just like reforges. i will use the item if its given out in a giveaway. but i will never partake in Pay2Win.

It's part of the f2p model...if ur not charging a premuim fee U gotta be selling sum form of edge/power. B)
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 20, 2017
    It's fine by me. Let people pay 80 bucks for a possibility at 2% more damage or something. 10 bucks per stone is too cheap though :D make em pay
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited July 20, 2017
    People that worked their ass off for mats to make these stones in game, now you're just gonna put them in shop for people to buy them for 80$
    Good.

I love p2w.
    Everyone loves p2w.
    Please more, give us more.

How much more stupid can they get?

Well if they are making money that's all that matters to them.
    GretaTairikuCarlizeSiodhan