Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix Capture Watermelon Event

LucardLucard
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
in General Chat
Can you fix this event it is unfair that people with style tabs can wear their clothing and can't know who is enemy or not. Also, elves speed should be nerfed since they can just outrun everyone and catch up to you easily.
GoterxSherriMaiaBlissfulkill

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited August 10, 2017
    Need auto team balance thing too. 26 vs 34 ? right
    And 30 minutes for this seems just too long.

RIP Mouse durability and my arm/wrist

Event that annoys other players; more like relationship breaking event
    Maia
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    edited August 10, 2017
    That too in ch1 we had 55 vs 51 and one team got destroyed 240 to 101.
  • TealylamberTealylamber
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    Also please change the times to every hour and not just pst
    GretaSherriNekoLily
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Also I thought even the losing team receives a box so long as they participate. I scored 8 points and got nothing for my efforts.
    Sphyra21
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Obsim wrote: »
    Also I thought even the losing team receives a box so long as they participate. I scored 8 points and got nothing for my efforts.

Well that's really unmotivating.
    Sphyra21courtneyyTentacleImaizumi
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I could've sworn the CMs said win or lose, everyone gets a box. That's honestly lame if they don't, especially with how unbalanced things can be.
  • ObsimObsim
    Was on the winning side second time around and scored 10
    got a box.
  • JizanthapusJizanthapus
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited August 10, 2017
    I just played twice and was on the winning team both times. 2 points the first time and 10 points the second. I didn't get anything at all. What's up with that?
    OOPS I'm lying. I thought Lorna was blue team for some reason.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Obsim wrote: »

I just checked and the announcement page says "whoever captures the most watermelons wins", which I'm taking to mean only the winning team does.

I think it was the other watermelon event where everyone got a prize regardless. Can't think of the name right now though.
  • OddeliusOddelius
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    The first time it was fun.. but there's so many things wrong with it. It's basically impossible to even get melons when the other team:
    Nobody is the same speed and people who are not playing buff the fast people, even faster. Most the time those people are camping the thing too so you can't even move.
  • ObsimObsim
    And just scored 11 on losing side. Another box. perhaps 10 point minimum?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I scored 8 and got a box and my team lost horribly... I think you might have to score at least 3-5 points
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    The losing team gets boxes at random, regardless of score. You may or may not get a box.
    The winning team everyone gets a box.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I take it back. This is the worst event ever.
    badnewsbarrettJizanthapusArchdukeValeCortezTentacleSherriXiokunImaizumiItisme
  • ObsimObsim
    Naw it's simply Nexon quality. But at least it's fun.
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if they just made it every hour I would enjoy this event. out of my 4 boxes I got a watermelon hat, 2 straw hats, and the lifeguard flotation device. I can't even wear the watermelon or straw hats as a giant but I saw quite a few people with the new outfits. Hopefully I can get them. I just hate how late the event is
    badnewsbarrettGretaSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    My poor human character don't have wave sweeper or anything of the sort that buffs his speed, and it takes 30 minutes + the losing team may or may not get the box? Welp, this is another event that I'm gonna sit out, after also ignoring the giant event.
    Sphyra21
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    Give us the imp event back in 2008 or the DRAGON RAFT
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited August 10, 2017
    We had a fair 1 vs 10

Well I was on the 10 side we stood there, and kept freezing the opponents til they all quit while 1 guy was grabbing melons. Didn't take long to get them to quit either.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 11, 2017
    I did 1st round = lost badly since my teammates decided to afk and only me and other guy was against 6 others. So i left the channel and went to see how ch1 is going. I regretted that instantly. There was 31 vs 33, everything was a chaos, getting frozen a lot lol. Somehow the other team was winning against us by at least 40 points, i have no idea how.
    Tried 2nd round = went to less populated channel again. So yeah... Same thing happened again, but this time my team was winning since i ran like crazy collecting watermelons. While on that, my other 4 teammates: 2 decided to afk right after joining the team (gg, free loot for them while i'm fighting for a win so badly) and other 2 thank god were helpful. Thumbs up to one player who kept freezing enemies around our parasol. So yeah, we won the game... Guess what i got after 20 minutes of running, sweating and clicking like crazy at 7 AM? Straw Hat... An Old Straw Hat. Yes. Now i can be a freaking Luffy i guess? No thanks, not a fan of One Piece anyway lmao.

So yeah, would be better if:
    1. This event would be going every hour or so.
    2. Make movement speed for all players to be equal.
    3. Would be good if Style Tab fashion wouldn't hide team outfits. (Seriously i needed few minutes to realize how to overcome this and find out who is in which team).
    4. Make afkers get kicked off the mini-game if they weren't active for like a minute. Also make everyone to score at least 1 point. This will encourage players to actually play this mini-game. Because it's not fair when other team is losing just because your teammates decided to sit and do nothing. Also really pisses me off when afkers who didn't do a single thing get same rewards like others who tried really hard to win this.

BAM! Make these steps come true and it becomes one of best events ever!
    Sherri