Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    We shall see if you all stop first because you didn't while I was away and are not stopping now. I don't need any more drama because of you all. Haven't you harassed me enough for today or do I have to suffer more for you to be happy?

I would be bummed out if Mabi closed after playing over 8 years now. I'm not sure if they are still going to do Mabi 2 or not, but if they do maybe it could be an alternative.

You've been the one harassing us, by claiming to be the victim; anyone who decided to read the slough of responses would know you're in error.

And Mabinogi 2 was cancelled.
    Sherri[Deleted User]GretaAtaraxiz
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 23, 2017
    748.gif
    Sherri wrote: »
    Like Mabinogi, WoW uses an engine made specifically for it, however, unlike Pleione, the people who are behind the WoW engine are still most likely employees of Blizzard, whereas the people behind Pleione jumped ship long ago, and we're left with something that was obsolete before it even began.

Hmm I wish this weren't the case.
    I'm the kind of person who dislikes when somebody makes something and just abandons it. :/
    I know nothing of coding but if I did, I would try and look into how the Pleione engine works and hopefully make it better.

I am fully aware that KR has the full say in the way NA runs, as anyone can tell just from observing the way Mabinogi runs over time.
    Yes, the current engine is a useless block of black boxes, and Nexon would be better off dumping Mabinogi despite the large profit and themed store in Korea.
    However, that concentration of managing NA while restricting any marketing or development changes was bound to kill off Mabinogi from the start.
    There may be nothing we can do, even if we sent in one of thousands of emails to Nexon KR about how badly NA is suffering from an ignorant management.
    I wouldn't entirely call KR ignorant though, since they have listened to the demands for more content and released a racial revamp for giants.
    One might argue that Mabinogi is just a popular, yet too giant of a project for Nexon KR to handle alone, and that person would be correct.
    Financially, server merges aren't looking as good as they did two or three years ago.
    Blizzard employees are just more experienced and nerdy than a Nexon employee, which is why KR reaching out to other business partners is a smart move, since they might need to find or be referenced by someone with financial backing capable of aiding them in either code or new technology. (Or purchases.)
    Nexon Korea also has a much larger gamebase than NA, so maybe they're just short on employees willing or able to decode the engine to allow change?
    All we can really say about Nexon Korea is that they've got a good business image, just poor management and consideration for future issues, such as the "My inventory is too full to sell or hold your stuff too" situation of Mabinogi NA's low server population long after EU shut down.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I get the impression (don't ask me why) a lot of people (despite having been here for almost a decade) don't know much at all about Nexon. Is it just my imagination, or is there an incredible amount of speculation surrounding Nexon's capabilities? How much do you know about Nexon?

~ e.g. http://www.nexoncomputermuseum.org/english/

Lol. They have Legos.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 23, 2017
    I get the impression (don't ask me why) a lot of people (despite having been here for almost a decade) don't know much at all about Nexon. Is it just my imagination, or is there an incredible amount of speculation surrounding Nexon's capabilities? How much do you know about Nexon?

Awareness or not, the fact of the matter is that a lack of results in improving games always puts them at risk.
    A great deal of Mabinogi players are worried about the amount of money Nexon KR's Mabinogi department is willing to put into the other branches, which may put a server merge at risk, as well as improvement of Mabinogi's core engine.
    I've said before that Mabinogi is a big and costly project where Nexon KR is just too big and widespread to actually be capable of proceeding in improvement without involving other branch or game developers.
    It's not to say that Mabinogi would shut down tomorrow or become like Maplestory 2, where it still runs even after it's next generation continues.
    We have no crystal ball, and the way Korea communicates with North America is... through the devs, and that's it.
    There's nothing like a subtitled Nintendo developer announcement video, and that would send shivers down anyone's spine when the question of developer interest or lack of publicity comes into play. It's downright empty, seemingly emotionless.
    (Most new users are unaware of the KR Youtube and closed captions can be rather unreliable.)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Awareness or not, the fact of the matter is that a lack of results in improving games always puts them at risk.
    A great deal of Mabinogi players are worried about the amount of money Nexon KR's Mabinogi department is willing to put into the other branches, which may put a server merge at risk, as well as improvement of Mabinogi's core engine.
    I've said before that Mabinogi is a big and costly project where Nexon KR is just too big and widespread to actually be capable of proceeding in improvement without involving other branch or game developers.
    It's not to say that Mabinogi would shut down tomorrow or become like Maplestory 2, where it still runs even after it's next generation continues.
    We have no crystal ball, and the way Korea communicates with North America is... through the devs, and that's it.
    There's nothing like a subtitled Nintendo developer announcement video, and that would send shivers down anyone's spine when the question of developer interest or lack of publicity comes into play. It's downright empty, seemingly emotionless.
    (Most new users are unaware of the KR Youtube and closed captions can be rather unreliable.)

Not enough money from NA: "No server merge; it'd be a waste of our money with a quota that low."
    Enough money from NA: "No server merge; they seem to be doing quite well with the playerbase they have."

Nexon would rather have one person who blows hundreds of dollars on Gacha, than 100 people who only buy one here and there.
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    20 more pings from this thread o.e Atleast it was on point. I'll have to check out those links later, I've gotta handle stuff.

Still think Server merge = bad idea :/
    Darkpixie99[Deleted User]Sherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 24, 2017
    On point no one attacking me yay. Today is a good day XD

I still support this even though it seems the majority doesnt. Maybe someday it will get enough support for consideration. It may not happen immediatly but the future is not set in stone and things can change. I think if people keep this in mind including Nexon's staff they can decide what the pros and cons are and see how best to work things out ^^ Theres always a positive way to look at things so I will keep being optimistic and hope others who support this do as well. Keep hope alive.
    Darkpixie99Alexairakapapa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No one said that we don't support it. I'm neutral. Most people are either neutral or positive so yeah...
    Darkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Honestly, from that link.. if Nexon got the techy stuff, why won't they actually use it and help Nexon NA?
    HELP US SAD AMERICAN/EUROPEANS PLS thx > >
    [Deleted User]
  • pcuser510pcuser510
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    It's good idea do server merge ruuri sever is ghost town there anyway transfer to alexnda server I regret
  • pcuser510pcuser510
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    I'm going start all over again from the main from Ruri sever due the lack o population and ghost town. It's.
  • bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    edited September 20, 2017
    It seems like the Mari server is pretty quiet and I think it would be really cool if Nexon America just acknowledged that this is an older game and we could use server merges.

We would get to meet a lot of new people and it would be a lot more fun. For people like me, I literally made my character when I was 12 and just re-rolling on the more popular server is out of the question.

I can't find the items or sell my own items anymore, except the extremely-relevant and current flavor of the month items. And even on the market/populated channel it can be difficult to find people to play with.

Maybe they should merge 4 servers into 2.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The reason we don't have a merge is obvious.

The act of a merge would mean the collision of 4 entirely different server communities.
    Doing so would unleash an apocalyptic force far beyond what anyone could comprehend.
    We aren't ready to handle something with that much power.
    The sky would rain meteors and our monitors would explode from the effects of such.
    It would almost cause the end of all existence.

...Or just be chaotic and full of arguing guilds, EvG, and an economy crash far larger than ever before.
    And lag. Can't forget the lag. Someone would complain about lag no matter how well it was done.

Oh well, time to wait another month or so for the next server merge topic.
    [Deleted User]SaiLeineiMikuV3Carlize
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I love when people argue that there will be too much lag. Maybe just maybe you could try another channel besides channel 1? I mean we have 7 and 6 of them haven't been busy in years. And the economy...please, Mabinogi's economy is already inflated as hell. This will be crazy for a few weeks ya but i'd rather have that than deserted servers. I'm on alexina and the population's not bad but I don't think those on other servers should have to reroll off a character they spent years on just to meet new people. Also let there be more merge threads. If you want something you gotta keep asking for it.
    badnewsbarrett
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Again, Mari server is just fine. This has always been the usual activity level.
    Come G21 this winter and they will awake from their slumber, finish in 1 week and go back to afkfashionogibernation.
    [Deleted User]
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Here we go again...

It's not gonna happen. If it does it won't happen for a loooong time.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I believe Nexon NA addressed the server merge question in a Twitch stream a while back, saying they weren't looking into doing that.
    [Deleted User]
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Would be nice in a way, more people per server per channel. But, we would need new server as Alexina ch1 is super laggy most of the time. Also the economy is different in each server, or so I think. Fun...? Meh maybe not.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Honestly, I would prefer server transfer tickets as a Cash Shop item as opposed to a server merge.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    No please
    RIP beds

xgJsv5p.jpg