Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About forums

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I kinda doubt that they will ever do this... :/
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited August 12, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

BELIEVE GRETA BELIEVE. BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! (Kamina reference from Gurren Lagann)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    @Greta

Ignore them. I wouldn't even reply to it if I were you. Let's focus on the main topic shall we ;o

They're just looking for attention at this point. :p
    Yeah, I think they should hire some more volunteer mods.
    I doubt I would be good for that position since I have an EST time zone. xP
    I'd like to help though, seeing all that is going on. :c

I'm also EST. I've seen your posts though, I'd support having you on the job!

Personally, I think my posts come off as a bit too.. strong.. for ever being a VFM.
    If I think a certain way, I usually just post it very bluntly, and I don't think mods can do that. :p

BELIEVE GRETA BELIEVE. BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! (Kamina reference from Gurren Lagann)

P I E R C E T H E H E A V E N S

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    @Greta

Ignore them. I wouldn't even reply to it if I were you. Let's focus on the main topic shall we ;o

They're just looking for attention at this point. :p
    Yeah, I think they should hire some more volunteer mods.
    I doubt I would be good for that position since I have an EST time zone. xP
    I'd like to help though, seeing all that is going on. :c

I'm also EST. I've seen your posts though, I'd support having you on the job!

Personally, I think my posts come off as a bit too.. strong.. for ever being a VFM.
    If I think a certain way, I usually just post it very bluntly, and I don't think mods can do that. :p

P I E R C E T H E H E A V E N S

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PEIRCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL SIMON!

Well he did xD
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 13, 2017
    This is cringe. If i were VFM all cringe posts would poof in no time.

Just joking... I wish :')
  • SherriSherri
    watercat0 wrote: »
    NOW LOOK WHOS OFFTOPIC, LETS CLOSE IT

Welcome to Town Square, child. :)
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    More bot spam in general :/
  • SherriSherri
    edited August 26, 2017
    It's everywhere now.
    General, Feedback, Story Discussion, Help, Game Guides, Bugs and Glitches, Support...
    The FUNNIEST thing though!
    They're learning how to use Polls (I voted the 2nd option kek) and they're replying to each other!
    Shooo cute ♥

-- Uh never mind on the second thing I said. Could of sworn I saw the reply making a Korean spam thread -- but it's a normal person. WH00PS
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Please remain on topic of the thread and do not intentionally try to close a thread. Thank you.
    [Deleted User]
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Please remain on topic of the thread and do not intentionally try to close a thread. Thank you.

Then do your job! That is how far it has gotten until you came along, we know you are not doing anything!
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Then do your job! That is how far it has gotten until you came along, we know you are not doing anything!

Did you stop to think that you making this same post that was deleted before again might not be a great idea? Or have you just forgotten to care about human decency and post longevity?
    [Deleted User]
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Stares REALLY HARD at the forum spam being gone. Must have been magic.

I was thinking about the opening post's idea though and thought it could be changed a bit.
    How about limiting the number of threads one user can create to 1-3 per day?

I like this idea, but if it's possible either more threads can be created after so many posts or rep is had by a user.
    So upon creation of account, 1-3 threads per day. The more posts(or Rep?) the account has on it, the more threads they can make. It would catch early spam accounts since they'd only be able to make 3 posts before they're banned, and also not hinder actual player accounts. My fear is, they start posting in already made threads and clogging those up, in that system.
    [Deleted User]
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

Her job is voluntary (without pay); she is not required to be here 24/7. ~ Are you trying to get banned?

She sign an agreement she is a slave, just like how interns are slaves, not yours or my fault for him/sher to sign something she did not read and agreed to by law.

@Buffalos

These mods are being lazy, either they get replaced by robots who do better jobs or they get replace with better mods who do not use discord as a place to report the spam around the forum.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited August 30, 2017
    These mods are being lazy, either they get replaced by robots who do better jobs or they get replace with better mods who do not use discord as a place to report the spam around the forum.

There are issues with replacing the VFMs with AI robots.
    1) Teaching an AI what is spam is very easy in the case of our current outbreak, however teaching this AI what is breaking other rules in the forum code of conduct is not a path worth going down (too expensive and time consuming).
    2) How would this AI know if a rule violation needs to be instantly deleted? Some people break rules on accident and others (COUGH COUGH) break them on purpose. One deserves a warning and the other does not.
    3) Sometimes forum threads are made to go off topic to a slight extent (see all of town square, heavy emphasis on Last Post Wins). How would the AI know that such threads are okay because that's their nature?
    3b) On that note, how would an AI know when derailing is happening? That's not something easily taught.
    4) We wouldn't be having this discussion in this thread because the bot would have already deleted this thread (and possibly others, given how some people keep coming in here to flame bait).

Define "better jobs" without requiring the people doing them to be glued to the forums 24/7. Our's do the job as well as they can right now. Not going into details, but I can understand why things are a little slow right now.
    Friendly reminder that they are humans who live human lives with human jobs and human problems coming up in them.
    Greta[Deleted User]
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    Daily reminder that watercat is just passing gas from a homeless dude, just ignore him.
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Promestein wrote: »
    Daily reminder that watercat is just passing gas from a homeless dude, just ignore him.

At least today's passing gas is kinda relevant to the topic on hand. Vast improvement in terms of quality/smell.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 30, 2017
    Calling person a slave... Extremely rude...
    Buffalos[Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    6 pages full of bot spam.
    This is just getting ridiculous...
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Ikr... I was just looking at that right now

It's getting out of hand
    [Deleted User]
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    This time its wading through more than 3 pages before finding any actual threads. It doesn't feel like the problem is becoming any less frequent as well. So I beg the question, will any anti spam measures be put in place? Something as simple as users under 1000 rep can only post once a day or anything of the sort.
    [Deleted User]