Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About forums

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    That one prolific bot is at 135 threads

xnXEN.png

Are they really approving these new accounts before letting them post?
    [Deleted User]
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    This is just...very, very, very dumb. The ingame gold seller spam too. Every time you go to dunby or belvast there are a couple more new bots to blacklist.
    [Deleted User]
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    they didnt even bother to admit the problem with spam on the forum
    so i doubt the solution will come shortly,
    say, 6-10 months until they come up with something
    ErorservGreta[Deleted User]
  • RoyaltyRoyalty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    I'm getting tired of seeing all the spam recently in forums. This is just ridiculous.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    New high score! 6 whole pages!
    [Deleted User]
  • CyliaaCyliaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited August 31, 2017
    [NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience. If this is the case who is approving them ? It is widespread from Community / Item Premium shop all Servers except for Ruauri & European Community as well as Support
    [Deleted User]
  • KatheKathe
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    edited August 31, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    they didnt even bother to admit the problem with spam on the forum
    so i doubt the solution will come shortly,
    say, 6-10 months until they come up with something

Uuggh x(
    [Deleted User]
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    the mods are doing a horrible job, fire all of them and get new ones.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited August 31, 2017
    watercat0 wrote: »

If you have a better idea on how to deal with it then please speak up. Someone suggested to only allow 1 post per day for people with under 1000 rep, but 1000 rep would take forever to get for new players with only 1 post a day. The bots' usernames are fairly real-looking so it's hard to spot them that way. They're probably using VPNs so IP blocking wont work.
    The only thing I can think of is to add new mods, probably people in other timezones so that they always have mods that are awake. But I would imagine it would be hard to know who is trustworthy with power. Maybe a long-term player from EU who is uncontroversial and liked by everyone? @TNinja
    Greta[Deleted User]SherriAtaraxiz
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    We're doing what we can. I know it's frustrating, and I apologize that it is, but apart from one of us living our lives on the forums, there's little we can do about them except remove them when they show up. Yes, Nexon is aware of the problem with the spam, and I'm certain they are working on a solution and have been for awhile. All the rest of us can do it bare it until one is found out.

The VFMs are trying our best to keep things are clean as possible, and I apologize that it's not enough. :'(
    Greta[Deleted User]SherriRoyaltyAtaraxizYokoti
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Perhaps we could create a "Approval" section and limit new posters to that section only where they can create a tutorial thread for someone to review and approve their account. Only issue is this requires someone to manually approve each new poster and may take a while for legitimate people to get quick questions answered.

Just a passing thought.
    Greta[Deleted User]Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Seriously, this is another reason for me to hate Nao portrait now.
    [Deleted User]SherriAtaraxiz
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    jjeremy wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »

If you have a better idea on how to deal with it then please speak up. Someone suggested to only allow 1 post per day for people with under 1000 rep, but 1000 rep would take forever to get for new players with only 1 post a day. The bots' usernames are fairly real-looking so it's hard to spot them that way. They're probably using VPNs so IP blocking wont work.
    The only thing I can think of is to add new mods, probably people in other timezones so that they always have mods that are awake. But I would imagine it would be hard to know who is trustworthy with power. Maybe a long-term player from EU who is uncontroversial and liked by everyone? @TNinja

Oh hey, someone likes me.
    21151370_581045338685932_6160473983323697822_n.jpg?oh=9d07bfc914a62798cce6791e28cf06b1&oe=5A1F5364
    [Deleted User]SherriJJYokoti
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 31, 2017
    #TNinjaForVFM
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Perhaps we could create a "Approval" section and limit new posters to that section only where they can create a tutorial thread for someone to review and approve their account. Only issue is this requires someone to manually approve each new poster and may take a while for legitimate people to get quick questions answered.

Just a passing thought.

I like this idea. Maybe like one of those forum 'Welcome' sections where they introduce themselves and such. They would be allowed one post (?) and if it's a bot, then a mod can easily delete and ban. It would be less work for them too. :D

and if bots get smart enough to act human-like for approval.. well.. I'm not sure.. we'll just have to get there first.
    Ataraxiz
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    We need people who can sacrifice time, effort, and who is available the majority of the time. The current Mods are getting packed with things in real life to where they have no time for ridding the forum of bot spam.

I say hire new people, who are regulars, and who follow the rules of the forums. These people obviously have time and understand the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed; let's use this as ammunition .-. I know one lady who would be an amazing choice even if she can be a tad sassy @Greta

@TNinja

@Sherri

@Hardmuscle are also great choices. They may have different opinions and can be sassy, and they might not be liked by the minority, but they have been rather helpful to new players and old players alike. They're here on the daily, and can help a lot in the down hours. I say they're probably some of the best choices.
    Greta[Deleted User]SherriLeilicia
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I don't think it would work for me. I've been forum banned once, and generally, anyone who's banned once are barred from being affiliated with NEXON. Except as a consumer. There's no discrimination as a consumer. Privileged life.
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    We need people who can sacrifice time, effort, and who is available the majority of the time. The current Mods are getting packed with things in real life to where they have no time for ridding the forum of bot spam.

I say hire new people, who are regulars, and who follow the rules of the forums. These people obviously have time and understand the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed; let's use this as ammunition .-. I know one lady who would be an amazing choice even if she can be a tad sassy @Greta

@TNinja

@Sherri

@Hardmuscle are also great choices. They may have different opinions and can be sassy, and they might not be liked by the minority, but they have been rather helpful to new players and old players alike. They're here on the daily, and can help a lot in the down hours. I say they're probably some of the best choices.

Everyone mentioned except me liked that post. I'm a rebel. :^)
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Tbh, it's not that we're bogged with things irl. The addition of the bots m

Spambots are an anomaly. While I'd be thrilled with an addition to the team, it definitely shouldn't be because of the spambots, in my opinion. It's also a bit unfair to say that we're getting packed with things irl so we have no time. We put as much time as possible. But, we are human and spam bots are not.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Note for the incoming nerds bound to attempt an explanation of proxies: */nexon.net/* blocks (auto-bans) proxy connections (Tor, Aol, etc.).
    I've not tried Tor or Aol, but proxies I've used seem to all work fine without any issues.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Note for the incoming nerds bound to attempt an explanation of proxies: */nexon.net/* blocks (auto-bans) proxy connections (Tor, Aol, etc.).
    I've not tried Tor or Aol, but proxies I've used seem to all work fine without any issues.

That is not going to work, you cant fight IP block with IP random, every forum i know always has these and all fail to block the correct IP because people use different IPs.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    let's use this as ammunition .-. I know one lady who would be an amazing choice even if she can be a tad sassy @Greta

Might as well make watercat a VFM too while we're at it.
    [Deleted User]