Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spooky Halloween Parade (Community Event)

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited October 9, 2017 in General Chat
halloween-is-coming-edhorrinaton-tumblr-com-24041601.png

This community event its pretty simple, This October 30 at 8 PM (PDT) we gather at Tir Chonaill's Graveyard and transform into any spooky monster like: Ghoul, Skeleton, Shadow Ghost, Witch, Spider, Wisp, Pumpkin, Big Etc... and make a parade all the way to Dunbarton. (I don't recomend zombie cause it walks too slow).
and for the Channel I will leave it up to a poll vote.

And who knows? Maybe a GM might find this event interesting and make it a legit event we can get some free Jack o' Lanterns with cool stuff?? xD
https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Jack_o%27_Lantern

EDIT: I didn't added any server since this idea aims for every single server :)
EDIT 2: Changed the date for the 30th since people go "full event mode" or goes to parties, AND wants those freebies (Myself included xD)
Yurei
  1. Channel for this Spooky Halloween Parade?27 votes
    1. Ch1
       22% (6 votes)
    2. Ch2
       30% (8 votes)
    3. Ch3
       48% (13 votes)

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'd say that this should be in *enter server name* Chat sub forum.
    But it'd be nice if every one did it.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    This would be nice- Though on some servers there just arent enough people.. Alot have went to the other servers or up and quit, then there are those who have had issues with logging in ever since the windows 10 update issue, Which ive still seen some people have that issue. xD So only the server with the most on it would mostly likely get the joy of this, The ones who have very little, Not so much.. sadly. Its part of the reason i wish there was more solo events :/ When you cant do a event due to what it requires, It becomes hard- the little groups of people doing the event you find half the time, from what ive learned.. Wont let you in because they see you as to weak or you arent in their friend group.. Then there are those rare ones that do let you in.. Over all just not enough players. I really think they should just keep it to two servers, not four.. May help so something like this would be more possible.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Not sure about a parade, but on Tarlach the Halloween spirit is definitely around.

Such as having "This is halloween!" play on a jam session before banquet.
    And those lovely people going around in the squeaky feet pumpkin outfits.

Heck, I'm already dressed as a Succubus for fun. I just toss on a purple bat crown as a costume. Very spoopy.
    Darkpixie99
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    This would be nice- Though on some servers there just arent enough people.. Alot have went to the other servers or up and quit, then there are those who have had issues with logging in ever since the windows 10 update issue, Which ive still seen some people have that issue. xD So only the server with the most on it would mostly likely get the joy of this, The ones who have very little, Not so much.. sadly. Its part of the reason i wish there was more solo events :/ When you cant do a event due to what it requires, It becomes hard- the little groups of people doing the event you find half the time, from what ive learned.. Wont let you in because they see you as to weak or you arent in their friend group.. Then there are those rare ones that do let you in.. Over all just not enough players. I really think they should just keep it to two servers, not four.. May help so something like this would be more possible.

The empty server jokes are far beyond stale.
    btw, for anyone wondering, Tarlach's main channel hasn't been 1 since the monster server temporarily went down for a day in, like, 2010. Ever since then, the main channel has switched to 2, then 5, and finally 7. So you people must be looking in the wrong places.
    Yurei
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Seriously we really do need to knock it off with the jokes and assumptions about smaller servers. We are never going to have a server merge so statements like that just hurt those servers more. There should be a rule against server bashing much like we have concerning players.
    hyaciinthArjuneRukiyaCarlize
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Channel 3, because none of the servers use it.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'd have loved to join, but it's too late for me since I'm from europe :( maybe it would be a nice idea to also do a parade around 12PM server time (8-10PM eu time, depending on location) so that eu players are able to join a parade as well?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Maybe make it another date than halloween itself? a lot of people actually do things on Halloween besides Mabi :P I personally don't, but other people do
  • SheenaSheena
    edited October 9, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    Maybe make it another date than halloween itself? a lot of people actually do things on Halloween besides Mabi :P I personally don't, but other people do

Hmm there is still time to organize this better :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yeah why don't we do it on the 30th. But I think we should do it a bit later in the evening.
    Sheena
  • SheenaSheena
    Gaea wrote: »

Yeah why don't we do it on the 30th. But I think we should do it a bit later in the evening.

Made it for 30th and 8pm PDT
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sheena wrote: »

Still sad, I don't get off until 6pm ET, and it takes an hour to get home. RIP.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sheena wrote: »

Still sad, I don't get off until 6pm ET, and it takes an hour to get home. RIP.

I feel you
    tumblr_o5ss86bakG1udcoqno1_500.gif
    AndrewGRSphyra21
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited October 9, 2017
    Seriously we really do need to knock it off with the jokes and assumptions about smaller servers. We are never going to have a server merge so statements like that just hurt those servers more. There should be a rule against server bashing much like we have concerning players.

Its not bashing them when its the truth. I have a character on each server.. Its not some joke- Some of the servers just simple dont have enough players- and no its not me messing the busy channels either. Comparing now from just a few years ago on ruairi, there arent that many. Ive been told more then once by more then one person as well that alot of players have moved to the more popular servers and thats just one of the reasons. :/ Never once said this as a joke- im only being honest from what ive seen over the years and been told.

Edit: Also- A friend if mine who join just under a year even said this. "A few days on the game ive yet seen many players."
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Its not bashing them when its the truth. I have a character on each server.. Its not some joke- Some of the servers just simple dont have enough players- and no its not me messing the busy channels either. Comparing now from just a few years ago on ruairi, there arent that many. Ive been told more then once by more then one person as well that alot of players have moved to the more popular servers and thats just one of the reasons. :/ Never once said this as a joke- im only being honest from what ive seen over the years and been told.

Edit: Also- A friend if mine who join just under a year even said this. "A few days on the game ive yet seen many players."

Look we are sore about it because we all have significant investments on these servers which can NOT be transferred. If we could take everything we have accomplished and purchased to effing Alexina - we would! But we can't and never will be able to! We're stuck here and we need people like you to shut up and stop making it worse. Just shut up and let people choose their own servers themselves. Alrighty?
  • ValenmirValenmir

Look we are sore about it because we all have significant investments on these servers which can NOT be transferred. If we could take everything we have accomplished and purchased to effing Alexina - we would! But we can't and never will be able to! We're stuck here and we need people like you to shut up and stop making it worse. Just shut up and let people choose their own servers themselves. Alrighty?

Will you calm down, seriously... Me saying SOME servers are dying has nothing to do with making it worse- i never said which servers was dying, i did bring up the one i am on and thats because im sad about it, but im not biting peoples heads off for saying a server is dying off. You are also implying i am ok with losing what ive done on my character? Your not the only one who has significant investments. I never once say what servers are dying nor am i going around and telling people to not join a server, Never once did that even come up, The only thing ive ever said about joining another server is IF you go to do it- make a new account because you will have no pets at all when you make a new character, that was it.

As for this ". If we could take everything we have accomplished and purchased to effing Alexina - we would! But we can't and never will be able to! " They could make it possible, its not impossible to do it, ive seen games do it more then once and everything was fine.

Just because you are sore about this- Doesnt give you the right to tell someone to shut up and say they are making it worse. You really need to calm down and not go off on someone then accuse them of something they didnt even say.
    Greta
  • YureiYurei
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    i would love to partipate in this! ^.^ only question why only chs 1-3 suggested owo well, not a big deal haha but yea i think this would be fun little thing to do

personally i'd prolly like to go as banshee or demi lich, LOL
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    This sounds very fun! If I get time I'll totally go check on my server that day or the day they pick if they do it :D
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    I was all "OH YES OH YES OH YES" then looked at the time, at when it was decided the hour (after someone mentioned the EU players) and looked at my clock. :pensive:
    I would love to go, but 5AM is a bit too pushing for me. Hope to at least get some good screenies here in the forums from the one participating.
    Greta
  • SheenaSheena
    NekoLily wrote: »
    I was all "OH YES OH YES OH YES" then looked at the time, at when it was decided the hour (after someone mentioned the EU players) and looked at my clock. :pensive:
    I would love to go, but 5AM is a bit too pushing for me. Hope to at least get some good screenies here in the forums from the one participating.

I have problems with times now and then too, since 8pm PDT would be 00:00 night time for me. (Unless is saturady)
    Time zone sucks :(

Im always like: Ok ppl I have to go to bed :3
    and my friends are like: But its still early xD

Fiendish creatures! TwT
    Valenmir