Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone else get rolled back?

SlimeVagrantSlimeVagrant
Mabinogi Rep: 450
in General Chat
When I logged in today I noticed that my character seemed to have been rolled back to a point yesterday shortly after I had rebirthed. I lost about 60 levels, an entire rank of hillwen engineering, and I even still have all the potions I used while fighting red dragon yesterday. Oddly enough though it seems to be only my character that had gotten reset as items that I stored in pets during the lost time are still there, such as a gem of valor I found on a shadow mission yesterday. Wasn't a huge loss this time but it makes me kind of afraid of this happening again when I actually make some important progress.

Was wondering if this was just me or if this happened to anyone else? I already talked to one of my friends who I was playing with yesterday and he's fine (though he also hasn't logged out since then). I didn't put it a ticket or anything because I didn't screenshot all the skills, gold, and items I gained yesterday in detail and based on past experiences with nexon support it's "pics or it didn't happen" with them.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I've logged in and out several times during the last two days and didn't have it happen to me. What happened to you does sound odd though since you still have the items in your pets. Sorry it happened though. Things like that can be very discouraging.
  • SlimeVagrantSlimeVagrant
    Yeah, I'm just afraid of it happening again. I guess for the next few months I'm going to play very cautiously. I'll try not to make too much progress per login, and I DEFINITELY won't be buying any cash shop items in case those get rolled back too. I almost bought a ton of the Halloween gachapon yesterday and now I'm so glad I didn't.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I didn't lose anything either.. You might wanna submit a ticket.
    Sorry this happened to you D:
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I don't notice anything wrong on my end either. I would also suggest submitting a ticket but you aren't wrong, they are like that.
    It's funny because they expect you to predict that stuff happening to you in advance or else it didn't happen at all. -_-
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This doesn't fix anything, but, it's nice to know if you don't already; entering and exiting your homestead will save your progress. Ever since losing a few of my prized possessions in the very distant past, I've made a habit of entering and exiting my homestead before I leave the game, or, when the paranoia level is really strong.

WHAT?! After so many years and mabi still have some secrets
    2746396-insight+in+bloodborne.jpg
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    "pics or it didn't happen" with them.

I don't believe this statement is true. Many times in tickets I have sent, I have not included screenshots. Typically I only submit detailed explanations of any issues I am having, and from responses I have received I was always under the impression that Nexon has access to all logs associated with characters. Also, I believe in the ticket submission form (unless things have changed), it asks for the time of the incident/issue. I'm almost certain that as long as you give a reasonable time line of when you started noticing these issues they can go through your character logs and see if anything has not saved or has any errors. There's always the chance, they will not see anything, but it's better to know imo.

So, I would still submit a ticket. If this is happening to you, chances are it could be happening to more people, maybe some of us just haven't noticed. It's always good to submit tickets, that way if there is a bug/issue it alerts Nexon so they can look into it, not only for you, but this could benefit everyone else.
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 22, 2017
    the "pics or it didn't happen" thing was before they got better with their customer support. it used to take months for a GM to get to a ticket and by that time there were way too many logs to go through to check so having screenshot proof was needed. Now they usually get to your ticket within 2-3 day. I mean I could be slightly wrong about how it exactly works, but this seems to be the case for some tickets I sent in the past compared to recently
    Sherri
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    It doesn't hurt to show pics. This weekend my sister bought 11 Ewecha Orbs but never received them. So she submitted a ticket with photo proof of her receipt and today she was given her orbs. While I think the ticket should get the ball rolling, pics would help your case.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This doesn't fix anything, but, it's nice to know if you don't already; entering and exiting your homestead will save your progress. Ever since losing a few of my prized possessions in the very distant past, I've made a habit of entering and exiting my homestead before I leave the game, or, when the paranoia level is really strong.

An MMO with a manual saving feature.

Neat.
    [Deleted User]SherriSlimeVagrant
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    You're not the only one who got rolled back. My BF did as well... he was training Dance of Death from rF to r9 and was like around level 12, got back on the next day and lost his progress. I haven't lost anything but it's probably because I enter and exit my homestead everyday (as I gather dye bottles) and rarely log off
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Thanks for the tip about the homestead.
    [Deleted User]
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Lol. Homestead isn't going to save you.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I suspect there was some programming error in the last maint, as those are the most common problems.
  • SlimeVagrantSlimeVagrant
    edited October 25, 2017
    It doesn't hurt to show pics. This weekend my sister bought 11 Ewecha Orbs but never received them. So she submitted a ticket with photo proof of her receipt and today she was given her orbs. While I think the ticket should get the ball rolling, pics would help your case.

Sure, let me just take screenshots of every single one of my skills, and inventories, and gold every single time I log off just in case they're gone when I log back in. Yeah that was sarcasm, but it honestly seems like what nexon support expects you to do. Every time this has happened to me and I reported it they told me that if I didn't have pictures of whatever was lost then they couldn't help me.
  • ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015

Sure, let me just take screenshots of every single one of my skills, and inventories, and gold every single time I log off just in case they're gone when I log back in. Yeah that was sarcasm, but it honestly seems like what nexon support expects you to do. Every time this has happened to me and I reported it they told me that if I didn't have pictures of whatever was lost then they couldn't help me.

I've lost items before and all i did was submit a ticket, i had no screenshots but i still got all my items back. The customer support has got a lot better.
  • MohawkGuyMohawkGuy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,440
    Hello everyone,

We've implemented a fix that will hopefully resolve this issue during today's Maintenance. Please let us know if you still encounter these roll backs again after today.

(:7
    GretaMiuna[Deleted User]ArjuneHarukariSherriWolfandWolf
  • ToonToon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460
    MohawkGuy wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

We've implemented a fix that will hopefully resolve this issue during today's Maintenance. Please let us know if you still encounter these roll backs again after today.

(:7

I can confirm I am still getting rolled back as of today.
    Pan
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Honestly I wouldn't even notice a change xD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

They could help you by checking out your recent item log, they just choose not to. Especially if you don't provide enough information for them to narrow it down to the moment when the incident happened.