Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Because we need more wings

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Policroma wrote: »
    Also, Gaea, if your intention is to stop people from buying gachas....

You're not just posting most gachas that come out. You're even showcasing the wings and outfits. Can I have a "good grief"?

Yes, some will moan and groan when they see this. But everybody else is going 'OOOH! CUTE OUTFITS TO COLLECT!" By keeping track of Korea's gacha outfit releases, you have been a walking gacha advertisement these past few months, regardless of your intent.

Gachas are not going away. Every MMO does them to some point now. Removing them would destroy (not save) Mabi financially, so that's not happening. Instead of jumping out at every last one, you might consider practicing some indifference instead. And no, by that I don't mean showing up in every gacha thread to post that you're indifferent. I mean ignore them. Don't react. Don't buy. Don't buy off other players. Just go about your business and enjoy what is free. (This is how most "free" players I know seem to enjoy the game.) The gachas might bug you less if you do that.

This is sort of what I always do.

I buy everything I'm after with gold, so every gacha is just an update patch to the Belvast Market to me.
    An update patch where the chance of me wanting something is less than 1%.

Why should I spend time wasting away at Gacha RNG when I can waste away at RNG in life skills for permanent stat bonuses?
    One is something temporary that I more than likely won't want, and the other is actually useful in the game.
    badnewsbarrettSherriJazmynPolicroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 1, 2017
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »

Yup and not the good ones. Every single one I run into is a snobby jerk who treats everyone like trash. :)

That's not completely true. There's people who gave free rare items for a set, total strangers out of the kindness of their heart, or gave me discounts or became my friend! One even saved my offer even though someone offered them more gold, too! Mari isn't all that harsh! :(

Why do I never run into those people? :(

ikr... wish alexina were like that, but here it's just everyone for themselves in my experience, with hardly anyone ever helping just out of goodness

That's the problem with big servers. Kek.

The most I have had while hoarding gold was 180m.

God it would be nice to be that rich again. But at least I have some pretty damn decent gear now. ^_^
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I have like 65 million gold sitting in the bank and I still feel poor seeing all the people who make and spend 20-30 million every week.
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    The wings are pretty cool- but I want the adventure robe :( only seen 2 girl ones on Tarlach
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited November 1, 2017
    Hey that female hairstyle...is that something we have already? Cause it looks great and I can't believe that I've missed it.

EDIT: okay it looks like there's a new Beauty Box gacha coming soon in KR. Lots of new styles this time and they all look spectacular!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Nononono.. no more cosmetic coupons..
    badnewsbarrettCrimsọn
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'll stick to these cheap 5m and below wings. They're as gorgeous as ones costing over 20m.

That, and if you wait a year, all wings get re-released and end up about that price anyway ^.^ That's usually how I get all mine lol.

I was quite surprised with the last gacha we got, I saw quite a few of the wings for only about 10m on Tarlach. I almost got a pair of the red ones but I don't like how big the new wings are so :/ Pass.

Ruairi's market blows, everything is super cheap. All the new wings go for 5-10m. Things that used to make me super rich don't.

That's also another reason I don't buy gacha anymore. I used to buy it so I could have stuff to sell, but not only does jack **** drop from these recent gachas, but if I do get something rare it is not worth 20m or even 10m. The market basically shows that we can no longer make huge profits anymore because those who would spend anything ARE NO LONGER ON THE SERVER.

So yeah there's that.

GOOD. im glad things are dropping drastically in price. NOTHING in this game should ever exceed 10m in price. anything over that is honestly just Greed, imho its people just sending a big F You to more casual players who just want to make their characters look nice but are forced to wear garbage looking items because this communities market is so jacked up in its prices.

which is why im so hoping that nexon implements a Mandatory max price limit in the market. so people cant sell items over their set price. (can still do it but requires multiple trades thus increasing sellers chance of getting scammed so its a risk vs reward.

for example,

Devil Wings. max price on the market through trade or shop/kiosk/mail= 1m paying over 10 m for the item requires multiple trades increasing potential risk of scamming to the seller. but the item can be sold for any amount from 0-Max price limit so you can sell the wings for 1m or any price below its max price limit. that way people cant just overprice things and this would make the market more realistic in affordability. as things sell like hotcakes creates supply and demand. as things are more affordable,

enough of this "auction at 50m for tuan wings but Buy it for 100m and its yours" that was a real thing i saw when those released because someone on the tarlach server chose to buy the wings for 100m which screwed the market for those so hard for everyone.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 2, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Hey that female hairstyle...is that something we have already? Cause it looks great and I can't believe that I've missed it.

EDIT: okay it looks like there's a new Beauty Box gacha coming soon in KR. Lots of new styles this time and they all look spectacular!

Meh... nothing will top spiral twin tips. It is going to be tough to make me switch.
    I'll stick to these cheap 5m and below wings. They're as gorgeous as ones costing over 20m.

That, and if you wait a year, all wings get re-released and end up about that price anyway ^.^ That's usually how I get all mine lol.

I was quite surprised with the last gacha we got, I saw quite a few of the wings for only about 10m on Tarlach. I almost got a pair of the red ones but I don't like how big the new wings are so :/ Pass.

Ruairi's market blows, everything is super cheap. All the new wings go for 5-10m. Things that used to make me super rich don't.

That's also another reason I don't buy gacha anymore. I used to buy it so I could have stuff to sell, but not only does jack **** drop from these recent gachas, but if I do get something rare it is not worth 20m or even 10m. The market basically shows that we can no longer make huge profits anymore because those who would spend anything ARE NO LONGER ON THE SERVER.

So yeah there's that.

GOOD. im glad things are dropping drastically in price. NOTHING in this game should ever exceed 10m in price. anything over that is honestly just Greed, imho its people just sending a big F You to more casual players who just want to make their characters look nice but are forced to wear garbage looking items because this communities market is so jacked up in its prices.

which is why im so hoping that nexon implements a Mandatory max price limit in the market. so people cant sell items over their set price. (can still do it but requires multiple trades thus increasing sellers chance of getting scammed so its a risk vs reward.

for example,

Devil Wings. max price on the market through trade or shop/kiosk/mail= 1m paying over 10 m for the item requires multiple trades increasing potential risk of scamming to the seller. but the item can be sold for any amount from 0-Max price limit so you can sell the wings for 1m or any price below its max price limit. that way people cant just overprice things and this would make the market more realistic in affordability. as things sell like hotcakes creates supply and demand. as things are more affordable,

enough of this "auction at 50m for tuan wings but Buy it for 100m and its yours" that was a real thing i saw when those released because someone on the tarlach server chose to buy the wings for 100m which screwed the market for those so hard for everyone.

TooMuchSalt.jpg
    NilremSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 2, 2017
    Well that's your issue for wanting latest fashion. I usually just camp in corner and wait for items to drop in value or if i get lucky i find cheap new fashion in personal shops and instantly grab them. If outfit exceeds more than 10m gold - nope, just gonna stay with current outfit.
    ArjuneSherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Nononono.. no more cosmetic coupons..

Speak for yourself. I finally sold off all my eyes and I'm itching for more inventory. ;)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Greta wrote: »
    Well that's your issue for wanting latest fashion. I usually just camp in corner and wait for items to drop in value or if i get lucky i find cheap new fashion in personal shops and instantly grab them. If outfit exceeds more than 10m gold - nope, just gonna stay with current outfit.

this is what I do unless it's something I really, REALLY want.... nd lately there hasn't been anything I wanted that badly. Guess that goes to show that they're slacking in their clothing creativity. I almost wanted demigod that much, but when I see the price it's still a "hell no"
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 2, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »

this is what I do unless it's something I really, REALLY want.... nd lately there hasn't been anything I wanted that badly. Guess that goes to show that they're slacking in their clothing creativity. I almost wanted demigod that much, but when I see the price it's still a "hell no"

Oh Demigod outfit? This reminds me of my funny/lucky story. Right after gacha release, i made a party named "B>Demigod outfit (F) 10m NM!" just for lolz and see what happens. And guess what? After 2 minutes i get an add and the guy just messages me "10m?" and since i felt that this outfit definitely is going to reach a lot more than 10m then i said to him "yup". At first i thought maybe the guy got confused or something, but when i saw Demigod Suit (F) on trade window i immediately accepted. At first people sold demigod outfits for 15-20m, which kinda made me a bit happy. But after a week or so, now outfit ranges from 30m to even 50m and maybe even more. Now i feel dam lucky.
    Sherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

Oh Demigod outfit? This reminds me of my funny/lucky story. Right after gacha release, i made a party named "B>Demigod outfit (F) 10m NM!" just for lolz and see what happens. And guess what? After 2 minutes i get an add and the guy just messages me "10m?" and since i felt that this outfit definitely is going to reach a lot more than 10m then i said to him "yup". At first i thought maybe the guy got confused or something, but when i saw Demigod Suit (F) on trade window i immediately accepted. At first people sold demigod outfits for 15-20m, which kinda made me a bit happy. But after a week or so, now outfit ranges from 30m to even 50m and maybe even more. Now i feel dam lucky.
    The guy must be now regretting that a lot lol

I really thought that the demigod suit would decrease in price as more people buy gacha so I decided to wait it out but for some reason it drastically increase instead. Fml
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    Not sure if anyone saw this- wonder if this is coming up.

Friend sent me this;
    9972c5b7e4192a21caaa647aafb9fe71.png
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    iF4WlQG.jpg

rO9nWny.png

these were posted in discord a bit ago

@zintack, these was posted a few days ago after I too already asked about the steampunk stuff
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    since we're talking about new stuffz anyway, does someone have a link or pic for the steampunk stuff coming here soon?

DID SOMEONE SAY STEAMPUNK? !!! :D Yes please! Oooooh I hope the female outfit isn't too...er...scantily clothed...

Agreed, A nice trench coat or something would be nice.

tenor.gif

:#

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420

That's how I feel about wings in general. All of the Glass wings and the Demon wings are my favorite. Not too big, not too costly. They are just right.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hinotama wrote: »

That's how I feel about wings in general. All of the Glass wings and the Demon wings are my favorite. Not too big, not too costly. They are just right.

And tacky AF.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    ....I like big wings. The holy feather ones are perfect, cause of the wing span too.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited November 4, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »

Meh... nothing will top spiral twin tips. It is going to be tough to make me switch.

So yeah there's that.

for example,

TooMuchSalt.jpg

Please. Gaea. do the community a favour and post something constructive instead of a worthless Picture that contributes NOTHING.

Edit: i did want to say this tho. people like you who leave something like that 99% of the time have absolute zero rebuttal because they cant think of anything to discredit what the person is saying. so you leave a worthless picture or comment to seem witty. Your not.
    Rhey