Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why do we delete everything and get a new forum?

AtriarchAtriarch
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in Town Square
this seems to happen every 4 years or so, but we format the forums for one with less features, and everyone is upset at first but get used to it, and I can never tell who anyone is because they changed the Avatar system. now I am all the way back down to the single digit post count and no way to go through my many thousands of conversations to find that one thing I was looking for from ages ago.
  1. Do you like the new forums?35 votes
    1. Yes!
       43% (15 votes)
    2. No!
       37% (13 votes)
    3. Maybe!
       17% (6 votes)
    4. ...New Forum?
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I would like this new forum if i wouldn't have difficulty quoting and posting images for almost 3 weeks...
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    I'm on the side scrap this new, and "improved" forum, and go back to the old one... the one we could set our own avatars, quote people properly, link videos properly, and use images properly until they figure out these new crap forums.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    The new forums are lovely but not finished which is a poor part on Nexon for making the switch so soon.
    I prefer them over the old ones simply due to how much more modern, accessible and functional they are than the older forum. They're not perfect though.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I really like the new forums. The old forums had to be reloaded multiple times for them to work properly.
    Mey[Deleted User]Darkpixie99
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Old forums had a -very- limited selection of formatting options for posts, whereas here we have all of simple HTML to play with (when it gets turned back on). We also don't need to refresh 20 times to load a single page or to make the post editor work at all.
    Custom avatars have been talked about by Sabina and will likely happen, so I find the temporary trade off well worth it if it means I don't need to refresh this page ten times just to make this reply appear.
    Posts count is literally just a number. You could do what Coco did and screen-cap your old forum ID with the post count and set that as your avatar if you care enough when those are added.
    Greta
    Greta said:

I would like this new forum if i wouldn't have difficulty quoting and posting images for almost 3 weeks...
    HTML is going to be turned on again, so all of that should be coming back.
    Ayu
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 4, 2017
    The last forums would be best if they fixed all the loading bugs. That was pretty much the only problem.

This one has a few minor bugs, like when draft doesn't autosave correctly it spams with errors.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Though the loading issue was annoying I eventually got used to it, outside of that I liked the old forum more. Sure we get more to play with now that we're using HTML but it's kinda pointless now that it's been temporarily turned off cause we got too much to play with.

On the bright side I never have to manually log in to post since it does it for me so I'm saving a calorie a day.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 4, 2017
    TheNyanCat

On the bright side I never have to manually log in to post since it does it for me so I'm saving a calorie a day.
    That is actually my favorite part of these forums. I'm lazy.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited January 4, 2017
    The previous forums were broken. Every time you clicked on a thread you would have to refresh the page.

But honestly, these forums are broken too. We have login issues. Don't ever log out because it's almost impossible to log back in! Also because of html abuse we lost the ability to post images.
    mintiel
  • lidiyalidiya
    @Gaea I only would have that issue with the old forum if I didn't do anything for awhile, and came back hit refresh to see new posts then would get the timeout. If I was actively posting it wouldn't happen at all.
    Funny thing is the first few days of these new forums I was getting the same exact issues which now seem to have stopped.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh no no no...there are other issues as well. When trying to post something my post gets time out. So I have to click again to post it.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited January 4, 2017
    @Gaea

Hopefully the ability to insert images into your post will return soon™!

It is just temporarily disabled :)
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I'm not going to hold my breath over temporarily disabled.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I know this @Kokore. Just pointing out that these forums have their fair share of issues too.

@Sphere Yeah...I have a bad feeling they just want to keep the forums clean. :(
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited January 5, 2017
    Sphere I remember some things in mabi that was initially said to be temporarily disabled, and then after a year or so changed to never coming back. When Nexon says temporary I never hold my breath that the feature will be back until the thing in question is reinstated.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited January 6, 2017
    "Temporarily disabled" is just a nice way of saying "permanently removed because we can't figure out how to stop jerkfaces from doing bad things with it."
    GretaCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm losing patience now, how long i will need to wait for them to fix html in this forum? I bet even starters with html could figure it out faster than them...
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Shaeli
    Shaeli said:

"Temporarily disabled" is just a nice way of saying "permanently removed because we can't figure out how to stop jerkfaces from doing bad things with it."
    This is just plain FUD.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430

"Temporary" measures have a disturbing proclivity to not be temporary, especially when the new normal is more convenient for those in charge to deal with.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    On another note, @Sabina 's post said we should go save/migrate whatever posts we wanted to keep from the old forums, but how do you access the old forums?
    I must be overlooking the link to it, or something.