Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Why do people constantly insist that mabi is dying

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
in General Chat
If you look at the steam chart activity, the average players online is 510 for the last 30 days, aside from september this year the last time that number was as high was in 2014. Yes we did just get a new talent but overall the numbers have been going up since 2015 on average, with a fairly high peak right now. Gachapons have been getting better (less gear and enchants being spit out and more fashion) and for me and a lot of my friends the severs have been less laggy too anecdotal yes but figured it was worth including. Note, the active players on steam doesn't include people playing who use the nexon launcher, so that number is most likely even higher.
수융_RuairiYellowBinpawcalypseCarlizeDrognak

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    We even had a full shop channel for the first time in forever (Alexina ch1). Sometimes I think this game will outlive me!
    수융_RuairiSylviaWolfepawcalypseCarlizeVitula
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    i heard mabinogi was dying 4years ago
    mabi is dying agian?
    well i have to save some gold for someone might sell their items agian
    pawcalypsePolicromaVeylaine
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Because there is nothing to do once you have done everything? The game is pretty much outdated compare to other games and there aren't that many players active other than log in and afk all day. Most people will just come back for updates and then leave. The game is just powercreep and don't have a reason why we got the skills and use them to the test in greater challenge. Sure you have rabbie phantasm, but that's going to be easy later on once new skills and stuff come around.

Most people moved on to different games to enjoy. Sure people will come back to see how Mabi is doing, but after awhile, they'll just leave again. I'm well aware handful of people are still around dedicated to this game, which is fine, but don't expect other people will do the same.
    SheenaClegunna
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Fun part : Most of those people who are keep saying 'Mabi is dying' or 'Mabi is dead' are still playing this game still.

???????? what
    JazmynXiokunSherrifoussiremix
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Mabi has been "dying" since I started playing in 2009
    pawcalypseKerriganneXiokunSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You know why Mabinogi is still not dead? That's because a lot of players say that they are "quitting" the game and still return after few months. That's not quitting to be honest, it's called hiatus lol. People get the wrong mindset that Mabinogi is dying because of these "quitters".
    VaughanPolicroma
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Because it is a convenient way to frame the problem of the day. It makes whatever the person is complaining about seem dire and bleak in order to reinforce that the problem is totally a real one. Usually the argument juxtaposes the modern game with some nostalgic golden age of mabi in days long passed, where the population was booming and the game was great. Then Devcat and Nexon in their hubris ruined it all by doing X and now the game is on the brink of death. So Nexon must change their ways (spoken as dramatically as possible) if they wish to save Mabinogi. At the end of the day it is just hyperbole and cynicism from unhappy players griping about this or that with no real context or metrics to back up their careless claims.
    PolicromaJazmynErorserv
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 29, 2017
    Some claim that the gachapon is the only hope for the game. Some say it is the decrease of players on some servers; (coincidentally some like the solitude) yet some players removed themselves from that server to start over in another.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    It's not dead to me, but definitely on life support. Could use a cup of "new engine", along with a side of balance cookies on a p2w diet and a looooot more advertising after that. You can find solitude in any instanced or closed off area of the game, but you can't find life magically the same way unless it's there aplenty. Things have gotten very different from when I started for sure.
    Pip-BoyDeamonicnoddy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 29, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    It's not dead to me, but definitely on life support. Could use a cup of "new engine", along with a side of balance cookies on a p2w diet and a looooot more advertising after that. You can find solitude in any instanced or closed off area of the game, but you can't find life magically the same way unless it's there aplenty. Things have gotten very different from when I started for sure.

Well I noticed they have been advertising again. I was on crunchyroll and there was a banner for the new talent.

But really I don't consider 512 in the last 30 days that much - even considering that's not accounting users not using Steam. Plus those numbers are that right now because of the holidays. They will take a significant hit soon enough.
    pawcalypseImaizumi
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Siodhan wrote: »

I've played way back during launch through G12 and there were definitely more players back then compared to now. It's definitely on life support mode.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I actually run into people who won't sign into mabi using steam because they want their steam "status" free for other things. :P

But yeah, we've heard this same "game is dying" crap for years and years.

It's also worth noting that even the most active players are not online all the time at every moment. Half the people I know in-game are from the other side of the planet. You're going to have more than a few time zone issues come into play for that.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    its already dead to me, the content is stale, over half of the newer content is inside the gachapon, a great number of life skills have become useless in attempt to stuff more into gachapons, a lot of the fixes are involved in mainly fixing clothing because lol fashionogi, i have tried socializing a few weeks earlier after not logging in for years literally and no one was even active in the game to initiate a conversation with, i find that pretty insane and dead.
    badnewsbarrett
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Why? So they can use it as an excuse for a server merge. lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 29, 2017
    Julie wrote: »
    its already dead to me, the content is stale, over half of the newer content is inside the gachapon, a great number of life skills have become useless in attempt to stuff more into gachapons, a lot of the fixes are involved in mainly fixing clothing because lol fashionogi, i have tried socializing a few weeks earlier after not logging in for years literally and no one was even active in the game to initiate a conversation with, i find that pretty insane and dead.

Julie, you gotta put a little more effort (than usual). Kek.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 29, 2017
    Off topic: Why EA's Respawn Buyout Is Mostly Good News For 'Titanfall' Fans
    You know Nexon almost bought Respawn Entertainment but was purchased by EA games instead. We almost had Titanfall and Star Wars elements added into other games. Well we have light sabers in the game already...
    Which had better loot crates Nexon or EA?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Remember: It is a unspoken rule for every MMO in existence for certain groups of players to always say the game is dying/dead/going to die/close to death/already dead, even if the game is fully alive and has over a million players.

This is often caused by players only doing things within a small group, and because they ran out of things to do, it must mean that everyone else ran out of things to do. Even if the majority of players still have a lot to do from not rushing or being normal, social people.

...That, and I've actually been around dying MMOs before. If you ever think Mabi is bad...
    Well, I've seen games with less than 100 total players online weekly not die.
    And on a game I saw that had announced its death, I saw maybe 10 players. Total.
    Not just 10 in one server or one area. TOTAL.

Mabinogi is still alive. maybe has a bit of a cold and could use some care, but its Alive.
    pawcalypseVaughanShakayaKerriganneDrognakSherriKedarui
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Remember: It is a unspoken rule for every MMO in existence for certain groups of players to always say the game is dying/dead/going to die/close to death/already dead, even if the game is fully alive and has over a million players.

This is often caused by players only doing things within a small group, and because they ran out of things to do, it must mean that everyone else ran out of things to do. Even if the majority of players still have a lot to do from not rushing or being normal, social people.

...That, and I've actually been around dying MMOs before. If you ever think Mabi is bad...
    And on a game I saw that had announced its death, I saw maybe 10 players. Total.

Mabinogi is still alive. maybe has a bit of a cold and could use some care, but its Alive.

Yeah well sometimes you can live for years with cancer.
    Pip-BoyJulieNilremSugarAngelLostLinksAellLiberate
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited December 29, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »

Yeah well sometimes you can live for years with cancer.

mjl.gif
    Clegunna
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    It's a good thing that phoenix feathers are so cheap.
This discussion has been closed.