Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Twilight wings will return

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Mabinogi becomes pay to play, what then?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    pawcalypse wrote: »

Not gonna lie, if they made a ton of improvements (lag, bots, etc) gone and made it pay to play or a one time buy the game would probably do a lot better.
    pawcalypse
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The last few big MMOs didn't even last a year on sub. Mabi wouldn't stand a chance in that market.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Not being able to drop the (an) incomplete event version, or burn them, or destroy them "until they expire" bothers me more than anything about them. I have to stare at (contend with) them for 30 plus more days before the "Gods of Faildom" will allow me to have back the inventory space they're wasting! They're ugly and I loathe them! Sorry for my honesty. :rage: :bawling:

Dude you could probably request to have them removed.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Considering the outrage over the original event this is a pretty big slap in the face, even if the item itself really isn't all that desirable. Probably wont buy this gacha though since it just looks like another wing dump and I'm perfectly happy with the large number of wings I currently own. (actually I own too many wings)

To make a slight departure from the subject at hand the real problem with Gacha is how much new content is Gacha Exclusive versus being available for sale in game. I don't have hard numbers to confirm it but I feel like the vast majority of items are gacha exclusive, meanwhile any new in game items we get are either crafted items whose mats are in content they want to promote or items acquired from limited time events. Putting aside how I feel about this game's crafting system (I hate it) there is nothing wrong with either of those two, but it leaves ncp shops as outdated and laughably inexpensive gold sinks. I don't think there is anything wrong with gacha as a concept but with so few worthwhile in game-prizes being tied to such little repetitive content Mabi becomes boring and tedious.

And that is a shame because there is a LOT to do in Mabi, it's just that most of it is a waste of time.

DevCat has clearly gotten in the habit of introducing new content into the game primarily through gacha and limited time events designed to make players spend money and time in the game rather than gold. Ideally I'd like for them to set a lot of old gacha exclusive items for sale in the NPC shops or integrate the items or manuals for the items into the reward list for irrelevant content (theater missions, rafting, ballooning, exploration chests, ect) in order to make sure that content consistently relevant. This would require a bit of work and nuance on their part as their prices would have to be fair but effective as gold sinks, but I think it would pay off. I'd also like for this to be a continuous thing, integrating new gacha items so many months after their release and/or adding new items for these systems. I kind of doubt we're going to get anything like that.

I'd like to see changes to the content itself as well, but that is another conversation all together.

Shaeli
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 29, 2017
    Considering the outrage over the original event this is a pretty big slap in the face, even if the item itself really isn't all that desirable. Probably wont buy this gacha though since it just looks like another wing dump and I'm perfectly happy with the large number of wings I currently own. (actually I own too many wings)

To make a slight departure from the subject at hand the real problem with Gacha is how much new content is Gacha Exclusive versus being available for sale in game. I don't have hard numbers to confirm it but I feel like the vast majority of items are gacha exclusive, meanwhile any new in game items we get are either crafted items whose mats are in content they want to promote or items acquired from limited time events. Putting aside how I feel about this game's crafting system (I hate it) there is nothing wrong with either of those two, but it leaves ncp shops as outdated and laughably inexpensive gold sinks. I don't think there is anything wrong with gacha as a concept but with so few worthwhile in game-prizes being tied to such little repetitive content Mabi becomes boring and tedious.

And that is a shame because there is a LOT to do in Mabi, it's just that most of it is a waste of time.

DevCat has clearly gotten in the habit of introducing new content into the game primarily through gacha and limited time events designed to make players spend money and time in the game rather than gold. Ideally I'd like for them to set a lot of old gacha exclusive items for sale in the NPC shops or integrate the items or manuals for the items into the reward list for irrelevant content (theater missions, rafting, ballooning, exploration chests, ect) in order to make sure that content consistently relevant. This would require a bit of work and nuance on their part as their prices would have to be fair but effective as gold sinks, but I think it would pay off. I'd also like for this to be a continuous thing, integrating new gacha items so many months after their release and/or adding new items for these systems. I kind of doubt we're going to get anything like that.

I'd like to see changes to the content itself as well, but that is another conversation all together.

It is a slap in the face and it was strategically planned. I bet they will have more of these "events" in the future previewing new stuff as expirable items. Then if you want permanent versions you have to gamble yourself into poverty to get them to get them in future gachas.

This is our future guys, soon it won't be just hot garbage wings. They will start doing it with things that we really want to have access to. If we are not careful and start sending a clear message to Nexon - we could start seeing real content behind a paywall like Star Wars Battlefront (for example). Or worse, real content behind a gacha paywall. I wouldn't put it past them to start enacting that kind of abuse towards their customers eventually if we keep supporting that kind of product. As I said before, we keep buying gachas - they think it's ok and will continue to do so, and it may get progressively worse.

This is why this crap needs to be stopped. Greed needs to be controlled.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 29, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    It is a slap in the face and it was strategically planned. I bet they will have more of these "events" in the future previewing new stuff as expirable items. Then if you want permanent versions you have to gamble yourself into poverty to get them to get them in future gachas.

This is our future guys, soon it won't be just hot garbage wings. They will start doing it with things that we really want to have access to. If we are not careful and start sending a clear message to Nexon - we could start seeing real content behind a paywall like Star Wars Battlefront (for example). Or worse, real content behind a gacha paywall. I wouldn't put it past them to start enacting that kind of abuse towards their customers eventually if we keep supporting that kind of product. As I said before, we keep buying gachas - they think it's ok and will continue to do so, and it may get progressively worse.

[video]
    This has a lot of counter arguments and opinions that counter against what you pointed out.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 29, 2017

[video]
    This has a lot of counter arguments and opinions that counter against what you pointed out.

Yesssssssssssss...I know that they were forced to recall what they tried to do. Thus proving that we have the power to prevent such bs. But yall defend gacha like it can only be the life blood of this game. We can change that. Also it's not just about "poor" players. I just think there is something absurd about shelling out hundreds for crap like this, or any content for that matter.

Really dude?

84e9a7cef36a59ae605fad98c7ac567841be388820bf3fb936fd21b646a1d605.gif

MFG...
    pawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I am still waiting on the event twilight wings of it's early stages to expire so i can freely destroy it...
    Can't drop it
    Can't burn it
    Can't trade it to a random poor soul
    Can't use it as a dungeon pass
    Can't even find the "Destroy" in the options of the item........its taking up my 4 precious slots reminding me of how pointless the twilight event was, its like they wanted it to be the last thing i see before they release a gacha of the same wing but recolored.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

Not gonna lie, if they made a ton of improvements (lag, bots, etc) gone and made it pay to play or a one time buy the game would probably do a lot better.

Yesssssssssssss...I know that they were forced to recall what they tried to do. Thus proving that we have the power to prevent such bs. But yall defend gacha like it can only be the life blood of this game. We can change that. Also it's not just about "poor" players. I just think there is something absurd about shelling out hundreds for crap like this, or any content for that matter.

Really dude?

MFG...
    Show me one other free to play game that doesn't have gachapon and is successful. ONE any one. WE can change that but WE won't because a lot of players either like gacha, don't care about it, or have addiction issues which isn't something nexon should try and control, people who have issues like that should seek counseling because as soon as nexon restricts them, they'll find something else.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Really dude?

MFG...
    Show me one other free to play game that doesn't have gachapon and is successful. ONE any one. WE can change that but WE won't because a lot of players either like gacha, don't care about it, or have addiction issues which isn't something nexon should try and control, people who have issues like that should seek counseling because as soon as nexon restricts them, they'll find something else.

You can't change people regardless. It is far too late and unfeasible. Changes to the existing system may work, but a complete overhaul and doing away doesn't sound like it would work.

And Warframe to my knowledge, doesn't have gachapons, and one can easily earn paid currency. Warframe as a whole exists as a complete anomaly.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Really dude?

MFG...

You can't change people regardless. It is far too late and unfeasible. Changes to the existing system may work, but a complete overhaul and doing away doesn't sound like it would work.

And Warframe to my knowledge, doesn't have gachapons, and one can easily earn paid currency. Warframe as a whole exists as a complete anomaly.

As much as I hate waframe, I guess that is a good example that a game can survive without gacha.

-watches out for Zaro-
    pawcalypse
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900

Really dude?

MFG...

As much as I hate waframe, I guess that is a good example that a game can survive without gacha.

-watches out for Zaro-

You know I love you. ;>

I'm watching you too.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    And if any of you ever need a clan on Warframe, you know where to find me.

Here's my clan's discord: https://discord.gg/Kq4G6Qw
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Zarozian wrote: »

Really dude?

MFG...

-watches out for Zaro-

You know I love you. ;>

I'm watching you too.

Rip. XD
    And if any of you ever need a clan on Warframe, you know where to find me.

Here's my clan's discord: https://discord.gg/Kq4G6Qw

Reported for sequential posts and derailment. ;)
    pawcalypse
  • ZarozianZarozian
    @Gaea How could you!? ;(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Gaea How could you!? ;(

2RkdfIR.jpg