Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge Alternative?

FinalSlayerFinalSlayer
Mabinogi Rep: 210
edited January 26, 2018 in General Chat
I mean... If we can't do a server why not create a system where players can actively choose which Servers to play on every time they log in?

Is that too much to ask for?? 0.0
offwithyourheads

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 26, 2018
    I mean... If we can't do a server why not create a system where players can actively choose which Servers to play on every time they log in?

Is that too much to ask for?? 0.0

So basically, channels? The idea is a bit more complicated I believe.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    The idea is nice but @Blissfulkill is right, it would be little more complicated than just merging all four servers into one because Nexon would still have to maintain all four servers so it will just end up costing them more money and such.

But we do still desperately need the server merge though.
    ShadoeYangKoeteTheNyanCat
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Plus people have been whining that everyone would supposedly choose to play on Alexina just because they have 2 more people than the rest. Pretty sure it would be just about as unpopular.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Merge the server merge threads pls.
    [Deleted User]Jazmynnajee508SylviaWolfeTheNyanCatxOtakuLeilicia
    New characters made on an account before certain date get a massive boost to their AP gains and skill rankings.

There's also pets though...:(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Stop making Alexina the HOT server! In fact don't show the popularity of any of the servers. :|
    [Deleted User]ShadoeJazmynoffwithyourheads
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Gaea wrote: »
    Stop making Alexina the HOT server! In fact don't show the popularity of any of the servers. :|

hot-burning-graphic.gif
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Julie wrote: »

hot-burning-graphic.gif

Everyone knows that Alexina is the most lit server :trollface:
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    You're apparently oblivious to the way data is stored. Crying and complaining constantly won't change this.

-- and this is not KR... we are not 40,000 square miles .... // we are 3.8 million square miles.
    You want to transfer servers? ~ Delete yourself and start over. ~ Done! :trollface:

Remember, if you're ever unhappy, settle for less!

Dumb! :angry:

Asking players to delete and start over on a more populated server is such a bad solution!
    And it's also pushing the responsibility of solving this issue onto the player, rather than someone who can actually improve things!
    AND it's not even a solution.

But anyways, since no one knows full well what Nexon's capable of, or if any OTHER solution to the unbalanced playerbase distribution (and the less-than-stellar playerbase size in general) is feasible, just let people complain.
    At least it lets people blow off steam.
    courtneyyBuffalosZeoLostLinksoffwithyourheadsAstralBlueVaughanYangKoete
  • GretaGreta
    Wouldn't be surprised if they decide just to shut down other less populated servers in order to make people move into Alexina LOL.
    [Deleted User]YangKoete
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Greta wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they decide just to shut down other less populated servers in order to make people move into Alexina LOL.

If they want to make most players quit, that would be the way to go.
    [Deleted User]NilremJazmynZeoTheNyanCatLeiliciaXiokun
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Greta wrote: »

If they did that, they'd just transfer the population to Alexina, not make people restart!

That's what's happened in other cases.

Not like server merging due to a server's lack of population is new to Mabinogi, in general.
  • KazukixdKazukixd
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Not like server merging due to a server's lack of population is new to Mabinogi, in general.
    Really? When was the last time we had a merge of any kind on NA Mabinogi? :* ~ (we didn't)

You're clearly missing what he means here; he's talking about Mabinogi IN GENERAL referring to all forms of the game which includes for example: the server merge in Mabinogi Korea in 2013. Please don't criticise other people with some mindless banter that doesnt contribute to the conversation and read up on it yourself.
    BuffalosZeoLostLinksoffwithyourheadsSylviaWolfeYangKoete
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Imo
    Just fuse tarlach with some dead server and the problem is fixed.
    Merging the servers into one would make logging into the game rng
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Still wouldn't fix the problem because Alexina is at the top of the server list on creation, IIRC. Even if it weren't, people would be more inclined to just pick the server name at the top of the list unless they have a friend already playing.
    Zeo
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 27, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Still wouldn't fix the problem because Alexina is at the top of the server list on creation, IIRC. Even if it weren't, people would be more inclined to just pick the server name at the top of the list unless they have a friend already playing.
    That's why I suggested renaming it... :smirk:

Not gonna work. Some newbies like to ask which server is most populated one and every player knows the answer. You just get to decide if you want to lie and hope that they will fall for your little scheme... :trollface: (I wouldn't dare to do such thing to be honest...).
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 27, 2018
    (Mr. Spam Buffalos Alt Account).
    I'm sorry but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an alt account of mine, of which I have none for forums. There is such a thing as being unpopular, and you've likely achieved that on this board.
    And I mean come on,they didn't call you sweetie once in that post. Give me some credit.
    SylviaWolfeHellkaizer
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Really? When was the last time we had a merge of any kind on NA Mabinogi? :* ~ (we didn't)

Noooo, not NA, but I know that it's happened in KR and JP.
    Those are the ones I know about, at least.

Though examples I can name are from JP.
    They had Triona server, merged into Ruairi server.
    Morrighan server merged into Mari.
    And Cichol merged into Tarlach.

Sure there were some in KR, but I don't remember their names.
    KR sure has a lot of servers.
    And they aren't all named after NPCs. (Mandolin? Lute? Instrument-named servers!)

Those JP merges were back in 2014 though.
    But they're fine.
    [Deleted User]Zeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 27, 2018
    I'm serious, if you can't do a freaking server merge - then at the very LEAST remove the population indicators at character creation! It was bad enough NA created that UNNECESSARY server, but they are perpetuating the imbalance by indicating the most popular server. GET RID OF THAT FEATURE!!! God damn.
    I'm serious, if you can't do a freaking server merge - then at the very LEAST remove the population indicators at character creation! It was bad enough NA created that UNNECESSARY server, but they are perpetuating the imbalance by indicating the most popular server. GET RID OF THAT FEATURE!!! God damn.

It is a feature I would love if I were a new player. I think if I wanted to inquire of the server population, I would be well within my right to know.
    GretaZeoShouKVaughan