Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Praise the Comma!

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sherri wrote: »
    i cant believe there are people who are against commas.. LOL

yes, because not everyone shares the same opinion. :/

well then.. like i asked before in the other thread, could you please explain the reasoning??

I've explained multiple times over
    Some people dislike the comma so I came up with a way for both parties to be happy

Why is this all centered around me?
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

well then.. like i asked before in the other thread, could you please explain the reasoning??

Some people dislike the comma so I came up with a way for both parties to be happy

Some wish to disparage your reasoning, as one cannot argue against a rationale unknown.

To which, in your defense, I agree with you here. Why should anyone care of your specific reasoning? You are in no responsibility to share.

This can be considered akin to being demanded for a reason why one likes chocolate ice cream beyond "It tastes good". I imagine for some, it is just a preference.
    [Deleted User]
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445
    edited April 5, 2018

sorry i cant find it in your post history im not too familiar with these forums.
    umm i think its centered around you because you're like the only person (that i have seen) who has voiced a complaint over this?
    edit: nvm i see your explanation.
    [Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Some wish to disparage your reasoning, as one cannot argue against a rationale unknown.

To which, in your defense, I agree with you here. Why should anyone care of your specific reasoning? You are in no responsibility to share.

This can be considered akin to being demanded for a reason why one likes chocolate ice cream beyond "It tastes good". I imagine for some, it is just a preference.

Some people just feel commas are not necessary for the said areas. And there should be an option to view or not view punctuation marks that should satisfy all sides.

One person or a few people made the bold attempt to go against the majority and their position should be respected and so far I don't see anything out of hand, so carry on with good humanly debate.
    BlissfulkillSherri[Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Some people just feel commas are not necessary for the said areas. And there should be an option to view or not view punctuation marks that should satisfy all sides.

One person or a few people made the bold attempt to go against the majority and their position should be respected and so far I don't see anything out of hand, so carry on with good humanly debate.

I have seen the same question posted twice by the same individual in two different threads.

I think only one answer is needed, and that repetition is pointless.
    [Deleted User]Greta
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Added ten years too late. Should've been in the game from the exact getgo.
    KrissyPootel[Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Added ten years too late. Should've been in the game from the exact getgo.

Better late than never

[Deleted User]ErorservKensamaofmari
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Jaridavin wrote: »

Honestly, outside of scamming someone for 10X the price, what's the issue with the comma?

For real.

The only people who receive an advantage from not having proper punctuation are those who are hoping the scam people who misread the numbers. There is no need to make it an option for the two people who want to be smug contrarians for no good reason.
    [Deleted User]HazurahGretaKrissyPootelXiokun
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I still don't understand why it took 10 years for it to be implemented, it's like the simplest thing.
    [Deleted User]BlissfulkillKrissyPootelpawcalypse
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    no way
    is this real life????
    THANK YOU, NEXON :'O
    AND... WE CAN GIVE ROBES TO PARTNERS??!?!
    v0vJOBj.jpg
    bought those wings for 5 million gold and they were sitting in his inv for probably 2-3 years waiting for this moment
    i can't believe it
    giving them to him crashed my game but logged back in and everything seems fine
    hallelujah

quality of life updates
    devs after my own heart
    0ycsHKw.gif
    WolfandWolfKrissyPootelpawcalypseSpiritikaJazmyn
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    .. When i seen the commas, i thought i was seeing things. ;_;
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Daktaro wrote: »
    no way
    is this real life????
    v0vJOBj.jpg
    bought those wings for 5 million gold and they were sitting in his inv for probably 2-3 years waiting for this moment
    i can't believe it
    hallelujah

quality of life updates
    devs after my own heart
    0ycsHKw.gif

Ah I see your partner is a bow spirit. Nice~
    Daktaro
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 5, 2018
    You know what would be the topping on the cake? If text boxes that took numbers automatically filled in the comma as you type in a number. Example, you type in 111 and the text shows as "111". Type in one more 1 and the text you are typing turns into "1,111" automatically. Eh eh?
    KrissyPootel
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445
    You know what would be the topping on the cake? If text boxes that took numbers automatically filled in the comma as you type in a number. Example, you type in 111 and the text shows as "111". Type in one more 1 and the text you are typing turns into "1,111" automatically. Eh eh?

one can only dream...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 6, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sigh...smh.

I posted a suggestion in the suggestion area which would make both parties happy, though I hope Nexon listens again ^^

The idea of not adding commas, because one wishes to foster an environment where people will become smarter, is simply inane. It is stupid. Completely imbecilic.

Edit: Instead of removing this, I should clarify I am addressing someone else's reasoning, with me not accounting for those who are against commas for other reason.

Apologies, @Sherri

Ok that's cool. People with "learning disabilities" win. I'm fine with that. Cool beans bro.

Oh and I just want to say that this update has changed my game. I don't want to look at the markets anymore. Everything looks more expensive for some reason. LOL. XD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lmao... People who don't want to see commas haven't even made a reasonable point about why we shouldn't have commas.
    KrissyPootel
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'd imagine its a shock thing.
    After looking at a bunch of numbers all blocked together it really strange to see them separated.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I'd imagine its a shock thing.
    After looking at a bunch of numbers all blocked together it really strange to see them separated.

I'm mildly dyslexic, long strings of zeros are my bane, this update makes me really happy.
    LeineiValenmirSeiko
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    I can take or leave the commas (and remember how much of a pain it was programming to add them in... in BASIC and PASCAL), but, BUT, BUUUUT in the inventory window the Gold/Ducat spaces are so narrow they look like decimal points instead, so they'll be irking me until I get used to it.
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    Daktaro wrote: »
    no way
    is this real life????
    v0vJOBj.jpg
    i can't believe it
    hallelujah

quality of life updates
    devs after my own heart

You did an admirable job of creating your partner. He looks just like the male bow spirit, especially now with the wings. Nicely done! :)
    DaktaroTwelieSherri