Check out the patch notes for update, A Fresh Memory: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66877/a-fresh-memory-patch-notes-may-13-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AUCTION BOARD

Comments

  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    It'd just need to feature all listing across all servers and I'd be content. I'd never care about a server merge anymore.

    That would create server imbalances. People would just unlock their stuff and go to other more populated servers, leaving free to players in the dust.

    Servers are already imbalance tho. Nexon already messed that up a long time ago.

    I(and others like me) just want access to stuff in the other ponds...not necessarily 2 join em.

    It's not gunna be a 1:1 transfer if people gunna use this to migrate. They'd have to live with spending more time to re-gain 1/3 or more acc-progression shaved off in char-reset among other regressive trade-offs via AH limitations & taxes.

    I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with this idea, but I wanted to add: Wouldn't there also be a risk of someone buying your stuff before you had the chance to buy it on your new char? And also, your new char would have to come up with money to buy the stuffs to begin with.

    Well... It's pretty simple actually, go on new character list some obscure item for a specific price say a camp kit listed for 12,777,777. You'd go on the character with money and buy it, now your new character has gold to swap the gear over. Sure you'd lose whatever the AH fee is but that's not much tbh.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    Well... It's pretty simple actually, go on new character list some obscure item for a specific price say a camp kit listed for 12,777,777. You'd go on the character with money and buy it, now your new character has gold to swap the gear over. Sure you'd lose whatever the AH fee is but that's not much tbh.

    Ah I see. You'd transfer the money over first and then use it to transfer your stuff. Rinse and repeat until you'd have all your items and all your gold.

    Apologies. I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,497
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    Well... It's pretty simple actually, go on new character list some obscure item for a specific price say a camp kit listed for 12,777,777. You'd go on the character with money and buy it, now your new character has gold to swap the gear over. Sure you'd lose whatever the AH fee is but that's not much tbh.

    Ah I see. You'd transfer the money over first and then use it to transfer your stuff. Rinse and repeat until you'd have all your items and all your gold.

    Apologies. I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with.

    There is still the risk of someone richer and can outsnipe U. I.e.) If someone wanted to transfer over a FSN puppet they'd have to outbid me for it via auction or sneak it over while me or other rich whales are least active through direct purchase.

    anime-laugh-gif-3.gif
    WolfandWolfCrimsọn
  • spamellaspamella
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Posts: 13
    Member
    spamella wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    It'd just need to feature all listing across all servers and I'd be content. I'd never care about a server merge anymore.

    That would create server imbalances. People would just unlock their stuff and go to other more populated servers, leaving free to players in the dust.

    The auction house isn't paid content?

    ? No, it's free. You don't need service to use the Auction House. You should be able to click the AH button and just dive in!

    Exactly, which is why what Gaea said made zero sense to me x3
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,161
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    I wish the search bar could actually wormk as a search bar, and not screw you over becaus eyou didn't type in the full name mof the item you seek

    hey just a hunch, but maybe you misspelled it.

    My whole life is misspelled.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    spamella wrote: »
    spamella wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    It'd just need to feature all listing across all servers and I'd be content. I'd never care about a server merge anymore.

    That would create server imbalances. People would just unlock their stuff and go to other more populated servers, leaving free to players in the dust.

    The auction house isn't paid content?

    ? No, it's free. You don't need service to use the Auction House. You should be able to click the AH button and just dive in!
    Exactly, which is why what Gaea said made zero sense to me x3

    Ah, gotcha. Hm, you're right, I'm not actually sure what Gaea means.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
    Posts: 126
    Member
    What I would like is the ability to choose how much of something in a stack you'd buy. Other games have this so I don't
    get what's Mabi's issue with it besides a bit more coding.
    FluoretteJazmynBronzebreakSherriImaizumiRadiant Dawn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,865
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited May 30, 2018
    just putting this out there, but it's actually beneficial to have housing AND use the auction board. Having a house (in housing district not homestead) allows you place items in auctions up to 48 hours instead of 36. You also get another auction slot I believe. I have 13 when I have a house and only 12 when I don't have a house. They likely did that as an incentive for people to still buy service and use housing. Of course the other benefit is that you have even more ways to sell while offline. I've noticed I barely sell stuff in my house anymore though.... it's a bit disappointing... like people stopped checking housing board or something. yes guys.. it still exists
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,610
    Posts: 486
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    just putting this out there, but it's actually beneficial to have housing AND use the auction board. Having a house (in housing district not homestead) allows you place items in auctions up to 48 hours instead of 36. You also get another auction slot I believe. I have 13 when I have a house and only 12 when I don't have a house. They likely did that as an incentive for people to still buy service and use housing. Of course the other benefit is that you have even more ways to sell while offline. I've noticed I barely sell stuff in my house anymore though.... it's a bit disappointing... like people stopped checking housing board or something. yes guys.. it still exists

    In regards to your last line, I've been having the HB working off-and-on; if I type a term then 'search', the search is greyed out as if it's loading something, but then never does. Then I will go BACK to the board and search the IDENTICAL term and it'll load instantly, no problemo.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    What I would like is the ability to choose how much of something in a stack you'd buy. Other games have this so I don't
    get what's Mabi's issue with it besides a bit more coding.

    I've made a killing off selling filled orange prisms, it's rather tedious listing 12 more every few hours (Not that I'm really complaining mind you just a QoL thing) it would be nice if I could just list all 200 and people could buy them as they see fit, it would also remove a lot of clutter too.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,920
    Posts: 2,666
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Pepper wrote: »
    I hope they are keeping housing , I don t much care for the auction board. Its a royal pain in the you know where to keep doing it over every 36 hours. Or at least make it for a month like housing

    KR deleted the Housing channel with the release of free Homestead Shops, but brought it back due to player backlash and feedback.
    Not exactly sure when we'll get part two, or even three of this update at Nexon speed.
    Plus, knowing the feedback in KR, NA will likely either keep it to maintain the VIP service, or remove it as it's outdated.

    We're not getting homestead housing for the market. There was some misconception about that on our end and it was confirmed from a korean player that they have nothing like that.

    Sigh..
    .

    So what, the Auction House added in with the free Homestead Housing almost killed the housing channel for KR?
    That doesn't make much sense.

    You're not understanding what I am saying and it looks like some people glossed over what I was saying. It's disappointing but it's true. There is no such thing as homestead housing market.

    Hm wait so you can't sell things in your homesteads house then? Well crap.
    This whole hyped up HS house is useless to me then.
    Why should I spend all that gold on maintaining it when it doesn't do anything?
    I'm very disappointed now. :L
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,245
    Posts: 111
    Member
    What's really bothering me about the auction board is why some items can't even be listed in the first place. I had been sitting on a hoard of oriental weapons just for this addition, only to find out the tanto, wakizashi and katana cannot be listed for some reason. Anyone got any idea why?!
    THICCthighssavelivesSherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    Member
    I mostly prefer the auction house over housing because housing forces you to change channels which makes me lose my dorcha and bachram. Though I do wish that the search bar functioned like the housing board one.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,161
    Member
    WoW seems to be doing quite excellent with a world wide server auction.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Posts: 139
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    WoW seems to be doing quite excellent with a world wide server auction.

    There is nothing that WoW is excellent at, and if you want proof ask the millions who left after Pandaria(the last decent expansion). :^ )


    Salt aside, it was useful but it had MAJOR faults. I dunno if you were around for Burning Crusade and WotLK, but the AH was 90% goldbots buying up all the stuff and reselling in monopolies. They had dozens of goldbots on every server mass farming entire zones and Blizzard couldn't keep them contained. Rare drops were monopolized to almost Recettear levels of hilarity and the majority of players were going to pay for the convenience instead of devoting weeks farming obscure mats(that they had to fight farming bots for to begin with...), so the goldbots/gold sellers had most of the market's money running through their hands.

    Now I'm not saying Mabinogi would go down that route, just 'hypothetically' pointing out that if it did, it'd be like how it went straight to hell for WoW in a lot of ways because it was so easy to goldfarm and sell from low population servers then amass their funds on their mains and slowly sweep the market up to becoming something on Shark Tank. And on that note, all this 'MMO money talk' kinda reminds me of how certain giant corporations operate similarly irl but are beloved by the public anyway...
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    I prefer the AH over housing because it gives me away to sell more item while offline without having to pay real money to buy a house.
    ImaizumiSherri