Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[INFO] Anime Cosplay Screenshot Contest

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited July 11, 2018 in Vault
Greetings Milletians! Anime Expo is just around the corner, and as promised, we are having our very own anime cosplay contest here on the forums. Dress up as your favorite anime character for a chance to win exclusive in-game prizes. For those of you headed to the convention, be sure to visit the Mabinogi Team!

Anime Cosplay Screenshot Contest
Duration: Friday, June 29, 2018 – Monday July 9, 2018

How to Enter:

• Like cosplayers in real life, create your costume in-game to dress up as your favorite character from any anime!
  • Only in-game screenshots will be considered, please no simulator screenshots.
  • Submit a picture of your cosplay along with the picture of the anime character you are cosplaying as.
  • Be sure to include your in-game name and server as well as the anime and the character name you are cosplaying as.
  • One entry per person please!
  • For this contest, we are limiting the cosplays to Japanese Anime Shows.

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY

Example Submission:

6hwAY6A.png

IGN: Katherz and Nkeona
Server: All of them ;)
Anime: Sailor Moon
Character: Sailor Moon and Sailor Chibi Moon

Rewards:

• There will be a total of 10 winners, all hand-picked by the Mabinogi Team.
  • Winners will be announced onTBD and prizes will be sent out TBD.
  • Prizes include:
  • “the Best Cosplayer” Title Coupon
  • Pink Bunny Tail and Bow
  • Pink Poodle

- The Mabinogi Team
KingEphyImaizumiKokenFroglordGretaMilkyMochi

Comments

• FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited June 29, 2018
    Are cosplays from a JRPG or anime styled game like Disgaea allowed?
    hqdefault.jpg
    PankoodaAsurielImaizumi
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    Limited to anime
    LmkUYZT.png
  • AutographAutograph
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    are you guys ready for zero two entry #540986
  • thehostilehobothehostilehobo
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    edited June 30, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    Are cosplays from a JRPG or anime styled game like Disgaea allowed?

There's a Disgaea anime, technically counts.
  • SkylivySkylivy
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Does it have to be an anime? Can it be a game (like Overwatch) since all of the cosplay sets I've made in Mabinogi are for Overwatch :(
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It would be neat if this was also extended to games as well, even if only anime ones. Here's to hoping for a "Game Cosplay Contest" in the future, perhaps? Regardless, I'm loving the submissions being poured into the other thread! Keep it up, guys! =)
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Skylivy wrote: »
    Does it have to be an anime? Can it be a game (like Overwatch) since all of the cosplay sets I've made in Mabinogi are for Overwatch :(

I'm actually super intrigued, I absolutely love Overwatch
  • SkylivySkylivy
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Skylivy wrote: »

I'm actually super intrigued, I absolutely love Overwatch

Same! I just had to create cosplays for D.va and Mercy when the appropriate outfits released :D my two waifus <3 currently trying to create Mei's normal skin and Widowmaker's Qipao skin
  • CrazyTim7CrazyTim7
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    If i had made my Mabi outfit in real life that my character wears in game could i still enter in this contest or is it strictly dress your Mabi character as an anime character type of contest? 3:
  • eldraiseldrais
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    edited July 2, 2018
    had a question? Are video game characters aloud? The one i wanted to use does have some anime drawn into the game? Want to use pit from kid icarus uprising, was told there was an anime with him? I was just trying to confirm this.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Well the title says Anime Cosplay so i assume you got to cosplay something that comes from any anime.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 2, 2018
    eldrais wrote: »
    had a question? Are video game characters aloud? The one i wanted to use does have some anime drawn into the game? Want to use pit from kid icarus uprising, was told there was an anime with him? I was just trying to confirm this.

There were animated shorts in an anime style so I personally would count it.

• GretaGreta
    edited July 2, 2018
    What is simulator screenshot? I have no idea what is that honestly... xD
    Also, are you even allowed to edit your character screenshots? Are you only allowed to post one reference from your anime character that you cosplay? Because i saw plenty of players who posted multiple very large anime character images and it looks too much for me since i think one image is enough to understand what character is that. I think it's okay when people screenshot their Mabinogi character on all sides so they can show how much they look alike with anime character which they cosplay as, but multiple anime character images are unnecessary i think.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited July 2, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Also, are you even allowed to edit your character screenshots? Are you only allowed to post one reference from your anime character that you cosplay? Because i saw plenty of players who posted multiple very large anime character images and it looks too much for me since i think one image is enough to understand what character is that. I think it's okay when people screenshot their Mabinogi character on all sides so they can show how much they look alike with anime character which they cosplay as, but multiple anime character images are unnecessary i think.

Simulator screenshot is from like the Mabinogi simulator where you can play around and try different outfits/faces/hairs/etc that you don't have (basically it's not your character and not on the game hence why they only want in-game screenshots from your actual mabinogi character because that would take away the whole purpose)

-removed-
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 2, 2018
    Chibisai wrote: »

Simulator screenshot is from like the Mabinogi simulator where you can play around and try different outfits/faces/hairs/etc that you don't have (basically it's not your character and not on the game hence why they only want in-game screenshots from your actual mabinogi character because that would take away the whole purpose)

-removed-

Oh i see. Makes sense. Thank you for explaining that to me :)

And wow i did not even notice that. Seems fishy as hell.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 2, 2018
    -removed-

I'm assuming those are both of the people in the screenshot. If anything, they should submit it as each character separately, not the "team" of characters. I don't see it not being allowed, as they are both participating in the cosplay; why should only one of the two people be allowed to enter/win one prize?
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 2, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    -removed- I'm assuming those are both of the people in the screenshot. If anything, they should submit it as each character separately, not the "team" of characters. I don't see it not being allowed, as they are both participating in the cosplay; why should only one of the two people be allowed to enter/win one prize?

Exactly. Don't know why they did that. They could have been fine without being together in a single screenshot. It's just unnecessary.

But i guess it's probably still allowed since example submissions are showing Katherz and Nkeona cosplaying Sailor Moon characters in a single image ( i think?).

Also the Luke guy shouldn't have added his friend nicknames in submission. And whoever is transformed into Hellhound can't be counted as a cosplay anyway, maybe just an addition to the screenshot.
    Jazmyn
  • ThatSneakyFoxThatSneakyFox
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Does Manga cosplays count?
  • GretaGreta
    This is so bad. People are overlapping posts so much with their multiple large anime character references. Too much scrolling for just few posts. :/
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 2, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    -removed- I'm assuming those are both of the people in the screenshot. If anything, they should submit it as each character separately, not the "team" of characters. I don't see it not being allowed, as they are both participating in the cosplay; why should only one of the two people be allowed to enter/win one prize?

Exactly. Don't know why they did that. They could have been fine without being together in a single screenshot. It's just unnecessary.

But i guess it's probably still allowed since example submissions are showing Katherz and Nkeona cosplaying Sailor Moon characters in a single image ( i think?).

Also the Luke guy shouldn't have added his friend nicknames in submission. And whoever is transformed into Hellhound can't be counted as a cosplay anyway, maybe just an addition to the screenshot.

Maybe just have one screenshot of all 3 for the look, then another separate of the actual character their cosplaying; and I agree on not adding friends nicknames in submission, but as you mentioned, Katherz and Nkeona did it, so I'm sure that's where they got their idea from. We'll see what happens, I guess. :o