Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multi-clienters ruining/abusing events

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Account creation should require SSN.

A social security number for making an account for a game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic... because if someone gets hacked and gets their hands on THAT, oof!!

Nexon isn't exactly known for their security either. the day they ask for a SSN is the day I finally quit

• papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    could always do what some games have and make it so you need to have payment info connected to your account to 'upgrade' it in a way. Doesn't even need to be used to buy anything (could even be nexon-wide) - although I'm sure almost everyone in this thread has bought NX before. Either you fork out money onto all of your alts, or you spoof payment info which is probably illegal.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited April 5, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    Ever since the release of the Chain Blade instant prize events, people have been making hundreds of alternate accounts to absorb prizes from events. Prizes include all of the 1st and 2nd place Festia instant prize rewards from both the Coin and Gold draws such as wings, gold prizes, and other good items. Other events include hot-days with trade enabled items that ensure maximized rewards such as enchant potions, rebirth potions, forgetful potions, among other premium items.

These players are amassing hundreds alternate accounts just for these events, but nothing is done about them at all. These events are becoming a hand-out to the players who are always cheating to get to the top, and they profit off of every bit of it.

In the past, with the Hamlet delegation event, these players were dealt with, and banned for abusing these events along with all of their alternate accounts, but this time they're getting off free without any form of sanction.

Please do something about this.

Well then you better find a way to separate who is doing what. Some players have more than one account because they can t afford to buy character cards. SO that means you will punish the innocent. And some players have more than one account because of the black robing that happened years ago. Or when they made there character and didn t know to make a human first so they could get a giant and elf later. These people shouldn t be punished . They also use there friends account for things when a friend is away. So you d have to find a way around these things and not punish everyone
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    You get like 6 free character cards per account, that's hardly a very valid excuse for some people to have almost 200 individual accounts for hoarding limited event items that sell for millions of gold to get ahead via cheating.
    BuffalosZeo
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited April 5, 2018
    there are only 6 wings available per server per WEEK....of the thousands that will be playing each week only 6 on each server will win wings....if there were only 100 players on 100 single accounts then there would STILL be 94 people crying over not winning any wings.....get over it already.....agreed, they should make them more readily available instead of such a low number....also the cheap lower prizes need to be something a whole lot better than spamming crap tons of hammers....seriously, Festia looked like there was a Blacksmith's convention, and they all got sick and threw up hammers everywhere.....full restore potions were nice, but also too spammy......wanna spam a prize ???.....how about FREE 100% REPAIR COUPONS for equipment....now that everyone would enjoy, and no one would throw away
    TwelieArjuneSherriYangKoete
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited April 5, 2018

A social security number for making an account for a game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic... because if someone gets hacked and gets their hands on THAT, oof!!
    Could just ask for a cell phone number instead. Not like everyone hasn't thrown their cell number for some online service anyway.
    Pepper wrote: »
    Well then you better find a way to separate who is doing what. Some players have more than one account because they can t afford to buy character cards. SO that means you will punish the innocent.
    We're well beyond the point where Nexon NA can fix this without affecting the innocent players.
  • YagiriiYagirii
    Friendly reminder that multi clienting is part of the KR base client and does not require mods. And like it was mentioned before in this post, multiple accounts is not against the ToS, and should not be. Also about this event this comment sums it up pretty well
    Arjune wrote: »
    idk why people are even surprised that the festia wings were gone within an hour.... most players (like me) had over 300 coins saved up to throw at that machine the instant the servers went up. and most payers (like me) walked away with something like 100 gift boxes and 70 prof hammers and 100-some full recovery pots. Obviously the 3 lucky people would eventually win the wings they had saved their coins 3 weeks for. You should not be surprised AT ALL that they were gone so fast, and you can't just make up some bullcrap about 'hundreds of alts' just because they were gone so fast. Hell, the gold prize festia wings are STILL at 0/2 in Mari so these hundreds of alts aren't trying very hard are they? :P Conspiracy Theory, much? I feel like I just read a thread by the Alex Jones of Mabinogi XD

I'm going to be very direct here and say that there was no efficient alt abuse for this instant prize event, if any at all. If you actually put your mind to it you'll realize how much work it is to stack these coins across a huge number of alts. If you think these things are easy, or "cheating" go try it yourself. And as you saw, the gold prizes were 0/2 for some servers and were only gone like 2 days ago in Alexina. Just as Arjune said, people had coins saved up, many people did, because they didn't want the prizes on the previous weeks. Froglord has a reputation of putting blame on things like this so I'm not surprised.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Another person that thinks afking on an event is hard lmao
    Buffalos
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Opalthira wrote: »

I think afking on 100~200 accounts is pretty hard
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Yagirii wrote: »
    I'm going to be very direct here and say that there was no efficient alt abuse for this instant prize event, if any at all. If you actually put your mind to it you'll realize how much work it is to stack these coins across a huge number of alts. If you think these things are easy, or "cheating" go try it yourself.
    It's still "cheating" because it gives the abusers more draws in an event that is designed to be limited on how many draws you can do in the event time frame. A prior instance of this being punished was The Hamlet Delegation Evemt and it was shut down weeks before it was meant to end due to people make dozens of accounts to get multiple draws from the event each day. It seriously doesn't matter how """difficult""" it is to make a draw happen on each character per day, they are still breaking the same rule that Nexon has punished for in the past.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Could just ask for a cell phone number instead. Not like everyone hasn't thrown their cell number for some online service anyway.

that's assuming everyone has cell phones... which I certainly don't

SherriYangKoete
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 6, 2018

He's dead serious. o_o
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/6w3g30/faq_about_playingregistering_for_online_korean/

From what I read, most Korean games and online services require a RRN to register (Korean version of SSN, also colloquially called KSSN) to comply with their Cyber Anti-Defamation laws, which forbid making anonymous comments.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Finity wrote: »

Its called multiclienting on one pc.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited April 7, 2018

Its called multiclienting on one pc.

Even if they are afking with 10 mabi open for approx 2 hour 30 min for 100 accounts that's gonna take whole day and night- although having 10 mabi open in one pc is impossible. Even if they could, having 10 mabi open 23 hours per day will destroy the botter's computer pretty fast.

• BuffalosBuffalos
    If a MMO's target audience is rather casual free-to-players, I'd say it's "fairly likely" that the player base will have a functional cell phone number for verification. If I can be blunt, the year -is- 2018: it's rather safe to assume most people with a steady internet connection in America has some sort of text messaging phone.
    From what I read, most Korean games and online services require a RRN to register (Korean version of SSN, also colloquially called KSSN) to comply with their Cyber Anti-Defamation laws, which forbid making anonymous comments.
    From my memory, South Korea moved away from using KSSNs for game verification due to some other concerns with the practice. They moved to Korean cell numbers, I think?
    Even if they are afking with 10 mabi open for approx 2 hour 30 min for 100 accounts that's gonna take whole day and night- although having 10 mabi open in one pc is impossible. Even if they could, having 10 mabi open 23 hours per day will destroy the botter's computer pretty fast.
    So does that risk make it okay for cheaters to do this? I'm really confused on why you're bringing that up, especially since multiclienting requires heavy mods and nothing is stopping the abuser from just modding all visuals away so that the client uses minimal resources.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    If a MMO's target audience is rather casual free-to-players, I'd say it's "fairly likely" that the player base will have a functional cell phone number for verification. If I can be blunt, the year -is- 2018: it's rather safe to assume most people with a steady internet connection in America has some sort of text messaging phone.

But not everyone who plays Nexon NA is in America. We have our friends in Europe and Oceania. Would they have different rules for these players?
  • BuffalosBuffalos

But not everyone who plays Nexon NA is in America. We have our friends in Europe and Oceania. Would they have different rules for these players?
    International texting is a thing.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

International texting is a thing.

I wasn't saying that they don't have cell phones, but are there legal ramifications for a company officially collecting foreign cell phone numbers?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    How do you have 100 instances of Mabinogi open on any one computer and not have the computer be utterly destroyed? Let us be real here.
    WolfandWolfFinitySherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I wasn't saying that they don't have cell phones, but are there legal ramifications for a company officially collecting foreign cell phone numbers?
    I'm not versed in law, so I wouldn't know. I'm pretty sure that other companies have done it in the past, so I don't -think- there's anything preventing it other than safe storage and no misuse of the data?
    WolfandWolf