Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Peria Chronicles - Suspended indefinitely

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited August 28, 2019
    They suspended this project and they are letting other games go and/or shutting them down left and right this year, they are laying off employees, IMPORTANT executives are leaving. How are we are as customers supposed to feel about this? I don't feel very confident about this company. I know Aquasol would peg me and others in this thread for FUD, but this stuff just keeps piling up. What are we supposed to think or feel about this? It feels like to me that things are coming to a head here. :(

I'm worried they are gonna shut NA down.
    Darkpixie99SherriWolfsingerHelsa
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 29, 2019
    Buffalos wrote: »
    With how several studios have been getting caught up in scandals involving unethical developer crunch, that entire sector needs to be unionized anyway. Anyway I doubt they'd restart the project if they chose to continue it, given just how bumpy it was getting it up to this state across the past....five years?

It ain't just Korea getting busted, other companies have been naughty, thankless little evil whale hunters as well.
    This is an industry problem that unfortunately governments can't be aware of, unless they had inspectors go undercover when they're unexpected to visit the working conditions. That takes too much time and money, unfortunately. So they go by reports and complaints.
    (Telltale Games, for example.)

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 29, 2019
    And it's not just games. People are jumping ship from everything...people are acting weird.
    Darkpixie99WolfsingerHelsa
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 29, 2019
    Crims wrote: »
    And it's not just games. People are jumping ship from everything...people are acting weird.

Three words: Loot Box Legislation

No one knows how to make money anymore, and customers don't want to spend on low quality anymore, so all the business go broke.

(Also trade wars)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    These changes have been a direct impact from NXC being unable to auction. I see the need to downsize necessary going forward as the gaming industry will be facing new challenges going into the next decade. I think most companies no matter the industry will be bracing for an economic downturn as situations continue to worsen. And as new rules and regulations for the gaming industry come in place, I think the need to cut down and regroup necessary instead of blindless expansion.

That said, I don't think NA operations will cease. It's market share is similar to Japan's and higher than EUs. If neither of those get cut, and we're seeing them reenter the EU space, I don't see it affecting NA further. I do see the reason for downsizing in NA as an attempt to reduce operating costs. Not just in payrolls, but also cost of rent of 2 separate offices.

Strategically, I see this as take a step back, look around and see what the situation is, reassess and prepare the next steps going forward.
    SherriWolfsingerDarkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    They suspended this project and they are letting other games go and/or shutting them down left and right this year, they are laying off employees, IMPORTANT executives are leaving. How are we are as customers supposed to feel about this? I don't feel very confident about this company. I know Aquasol would peg me and others in this thread for FUD, but this stuff just keeps piling up. What are we supposed to think or feel about this? It feels like to me that things are coming to a head here. :(

I never understood FUD. I understand if someone goes around screaming "THE GAME IS GONNA DIE! EVERYONE FREAK OUT--" but if there are signs that the company is struggling, we should have the right to be worried, no?
    Darkpixie99
    Sherri wrote: »

I never understood FUD. I understand if someone goes around screaming "THE GAME IS GONNA DIE! EVERYONE FREAK OUT--" but if there are signs that the company is struggling, we should have the right to be worried, no?

At this time, I don't see Nexon struggling, while the cuts made and some declines in older games may be concerning, I think there will be stabilization following the recent changes. But I would keep an eye on its venture in Sweden, as that seems to be where they're headed going forward, in terms of being customers and fans, that's where we should be looking at.

As for the current games, I'm not expecting too many drastic changes at this point in time.
    SherriWolfsingerDarkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Welp, I hope this comes to the US.
    Helsa

Welp, I hope this comes to the US.

One can hope, but with the current government...
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited September 9, 2019
    Welp, the official Peria Chronicles webpage is nuked. It's officially over...
    https://www.nexon.com/main/en/error
    https://www.nexon.com/Home/Game

Youtube channel currently remains, Facebook page is also nuked.

UJx0H7.gif
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

UJx0H7.gif

That's....depressing
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

UJx0H7.gif

That's....depressing

Darkpixie likes posting that kinda stuff.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger