Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Filia desert has big hills again

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,565
    To anyone who might be wondering: yes, sand dunes still appear after maintenances and disappear not long after.

I would like to see them stick around, so maybe I'll pitch a suggestion... .... ..... .... eventually . . . . . . . maybe.

And if this counts as a necro bump - it was for an important cause OKAY!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,745
    Fluorette wrote: »
    To anyone who might be wondering: yes, sand dunes still appear after maintenances and disappear not long after.

I would like to see them stick around, so maybe I'll pitch a suggestion... .... ..... .... eventually . . . . . . . maybe.

And if this counts as a necro bump - it was for an important cause OKAY!

So, the whole desert becomes flat like a parking lot?
    For this next paragraph, I'm not specifically addressing you but 'The Masses'.

As for nerco bumping being a bad thing, I still don't agree. I followed site rules to the letter and produced 14 final merge threads. Was that better? I think it was worse. Others thought so and complained. I think it should be an anything goes policy. You can either start a new topic or bump an old one. Seriously, why is it even considered a problem?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    Honestly I don't understand how anyone could think making a new thread rather than just posting in an existing one even if it is old. That prevents the same points needlessly being made and its easier for people in the future looking for relevant information.

As for the dunes I really wish they would go back to how they were. Do we even know if the flattening was intentional?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,565
    I've seen un-level parking lots.

As for the necro-bump thing, I personally think it depends on the nature and spirit of the thread. Never mind that, though.

I'm thinking the eventual flattening probably has to do with the intricacies of the Pleione engine. It's something that could be investigated by the development team, but whether or not a (purely visual) feature for a barely visited area is actually worth its time is another thing. The director overseas said the development team is busy with trying to move from DirectX9 to DirectX11 to make way for improvements in graphics and client performance....... So eh.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,745
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I've seen un-level parking lots.

As for the necro-bump thing, I personally think it depends on the nature and spirit of the thread. Never mind that, though.

I'm thinking the eventual flattening probably has to do with the intricacies of the Pleione engine. It's something that could be investigated by the development team, but whether or not a (purely visual) feature for a barely visited area is actually worth its time is another thing. The director overseas said the development team is busy with trying to move from DirectX9 to DirectX11 to make way for improvements in graphics and client performance....... So eh.

All parking lots are un-level; they have to drain, but they don't have hills.

Creating caveats about necroing requires more effort by the staff and so shunts decision-making lower down the bureaucracy. This will lead to contradictions which reduces user moral. For managerial purposes, it's better to have a blanket rule. At the moment, that rule is no; I think yes is better.