Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

why tail

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Venenatis wrote: »

If you don't like crime, just don't participate in it.

It's a pretty poor comparison yes, but can we at least have an option to turn them off? And a headband is a little different from a moving tail....

You could always just hang around in empty channels.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 6, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    To be honest... if you don't like the tail, just don't wear them then... I feel like some people in this thread are just going to hate on everything at this point... if people are complaining about how Mabinogi is catering to the furries... where's the outrage when we first got the Panda Headband back in like G2 or something... that or when we got the Cat Headband? LOL

I'll just continue to wear my Kuon's tail. :)

It's a pretty poor comparison yes, but can we at least have an option to turn them off? And a headband is a little different from a moving tail....

Crimes go against the right of others for selfish gains for the most part. Even if we are not victims, we have the empathy to rise up for those who we perceive as being victims of unjust criminal activity.

Crimes go beyond legal status in this comparison, they are moves and actions we deem morally wrong anyway. No one has the right to that of another person, and what is so morally wrong about tails that they are imposing on YOUR freedoms anyway?

What right do you have to others fashion choices, other then the simple blacklist and minimizing characters?

You have the right to complain, but as a message to everyone, let avoid negativity, if not this thread if we dislike the idea. They are not going away, nor do I see why they should.
    AquasolXiokunNekoLilyAeolysWolfandWolfYokkaichiTwelieZeo
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Where is the "I wish it wasn't a permanently expiring item that requires the Style Tab on to be equipped" option?

Not all of them expire, but getting a perma one seems to be rather...rare-ish...

Beyond pretty poor, rather, completely and entirely irreverent and dissimilar. Personally, I rarely notice tails on other chars, primarily because I don't spend my time looking at other characters' butts, but it's an important distinction to make that not all furry-aligned players wear tails, nor are all players who wear tails necessarily furries themselves. Not that it'd matter if they were, of course.
    GretaAeolysWolfandWolfZeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Where is the "I wish it wasn't a permanently expiring item that requires the Style Tab on to be equipped" option?

Not all of them expire, but getting a perma one seems to be rather...rare-ish...

Beyond pretty poor, rather, completely and entirely irreverent and dissimilar. Personally, I rarely notice tails on other chars, primarily because I don't spend my time looking at other characters' butts, but it's an important distinction to make that not all furry-aligned players wear tails, nor are all players who wear tails necessarily furries themselves. Not that it'd matter if they were, of course.

Not all players who wear angel wings are angels.

4A9OKVO.gif
    GretaWolfandWolf
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    To be honest, the only thing I hate about tails is that some people wear them with next to no context in their overall appearance.
    Almost to just have a tail for the sake of wearing it.

I still cringe a bit inside whenever I see the combination of most wings and say, a fox tail. I keep to myself about it since I want to let people wear what they want, but still. They rarely match in the slightest.

Its sort of why I wear a Kuon Tail alongside Incubus wings. It almost looks like a demon tail and fits in the general context of the appearance.
    Because of that, it doesn't get in the way and compliments the overall look.

In a sense, don't hate tails for what they are. They can look good if done right.
    That or I'm just overthinking everything and need to get back to ranking Gold Strike.
    NegumikoZeo
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Wings are just far more visible and at least are associated with supernatural/holy elements (angels and demons). Tails, have a much more sleazy feel to them these days.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    To be honest, the only thing I hate about tails is that some people wear them with next to no context in their overall appearance.

I still cringe a bit inside whenever I see the combination of most wings and say, a fox tail. I keep to myself about it since I want to let people wear what they want, but still. They rarely match in the slightest.

Its sort of why I wear a Kuon Tail alongside Incubus wings. It almost looks like a demon tail and fits in the general context of the appearance.

In a sense, don't hate tails for what they are. They can look good if done right.
    That or I'm just overthinking everything and need to get back to ranking Gold Strike.

I was like that at first, I wanted to have something in that empty slot. So I tried out having a tail, but quickly realized how much it clashed with my appearance. I hope one day we can put something else in that empty slot. I mean if I could have a little devil tail, that might be cute. =P
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765

there are also a few outfits tails look bad with. I never wear my kitty tail with my cat cape as it just looks weird having 2 tails sticking out. one person was wearing the Anju outfit with a dog tail and the combination looked horrible. a fox tail with the Bell Fox outfit might work for a two tailed fox but only if the tails matched really well.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255

Do you really need to comment on nearly anything I post, and be snarky about it? Do you dislike me?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Negumiko wrote: »

there are also a few outfits tails look bad with. I never wear my kitty tail with my cat cape as it just looks weird having 2 tails sticking out. one person was wearing the Anju outfit with a dog tail and the combination looked horrible. a fox tail with the Bell Fox outfit might work for a two tailed fox but only if the tails matched really well.

IKR

The ONLY time i'm wanting a fox tail is by the time i got a Wiggling Fox ear and wig from festia

rather than the one with Guardian wing and kuon tail and not even trying to get along with the style
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Wings are just far more visible and at least are associated with supernatural/holy elements (angels and demons). Tails, have a much more sleazy feel to them these days.

Let us be fair, while I cringe at tail usage in real life, depending on the situation, a virtual world free of the societal constraints of the real world, where men can play as cute little girls and vice versa.

The rules do not quite apply. Fantasy life and all.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Do you really need to comment on nearly anything I post, and be snarky about it? Do you dislike me?

Your attitude makes others kinda annoyed. And i kinda understand them.
    XiokunAeolysWolfandWolfZeo
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 7, 2017

Let us analyze the post you made.
    Where's the "I'm not a furry" button? I think the tails look awkward and tbh pretty bad on everyone. They feel extremely out of place. I really wish there was a hagi outfit without the tail too. How long before you can RB into a foxkin....
    You just called people who wear tails "furries". In one perspective, the term is considered as an insult or a derogatory term. In another, some people do not consider having a tail as "furry" and also refer to my first point.

You called wearing tails a crime, making it sound like it is illegal and in a tone that suggest it is socially inappropriate or unacceptable. And yes, its a terrible comparison. A very terrible comparison.
    XiokunWolfandWolfGretaTwelieZeo
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 7, 2017

Let us analyze the post you made.
    Where's the "I'm not a furry" button? I think the tails look awkward and tbh pretty bad on everyone. They feel extremely out of place. I really wish there was a hagi outfit without the tail too. How long before you can RB into a foxkin....
    You just called people who wear tails "furries". In one perspective, the term considered as an insult or a derogatory term. In another, some people do not consider having a tail as "furry".

You called wearing tails a crime, making it sound like it is illegal and in a tone that suggest it is socially inappropriate or unacceptable. And yes, its a terrible comparison. A very terrible comparison.

I agree with what's been said. I may not necessarily care for tails enough to purchase any, but it's quite a stretch to compare people who do care about them to criminals. People should be free to wear whatever they want, especially on an online MMO.

Personally, I think a lot of the erm...provocative female clothes are tacky, over the top, and make me uncomfortable, but I don't go up to everyone who wears that in-game and tell them off. Nor do I see them as terrible people; they're just people who happen to like something I don't, nothing more and nothing less. I've never blocked someone because of a female outfit, but I imagine it would only take me 2 seconds per person to do so (not that hard).

This is an online game in 2017, not England during the Victorian Era (with their 50+ page books of rules on what to wear and what not to wear, no lie). I see no reason why people shouldn't let their characters wear whatever they want. There's especially no excuse in a video game where, unlike real life, you can block people who you don't like looking at. Blocking should be utilized instead of policing people's freedom.
    AeolysXiokunGretaBlissfulkillNilremZeo
  • SpkrSpkr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I like the fox tail the most, however, the cute puppy tail is almost constantly fighting for it. Fox tail is a favorite because I love my wiggling kitsune ears, and it finally give me a reason to wear them on a female, whereas I could only have them on a male with the hagi outfit... the puppy tail is just so freaking cute and I love the little curl it has, reminds me of my past dog, and it goes so great with my wiggling puppy ears <3

p.s.
    Not including the sexual version people have thrown into it, but I have always been a furry fan, so tis the main reason why.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 7, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Oh yes, some of us can be rather...devilish, indeed.
    nwJz6Dp.png

I've pretty much forgotten who you are, but even if I did remember, I don't engage in personal attacks. There's no snark here, I'm being very straightforward in my analysis and commentary.

If I really don't like someone, I'll mail them a potato. A green one.
    BlissfulkillWolfandWolfGretaZeo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm floof fan. Does that count as an option why i like Fox tail the most?
    AquasolZeo
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Personally I'd prefer a lizard/dragon or demon tail, but I went with the fox tail just because I like the wagging animation and it just goes better with my outfits. I don't wear ears since I'm an elf and my elf ears clash with everything except droopy kitty ears.. which i dislike greatly lol

I admit, I wear my tail with my wings, do they really clash that much? I think it looks alright...

ZeTJUEu.png
    (finding the right shades of purple is hard tho ; -;)
    WanderIust
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Your attitude makes others kinda annoyed. And i kinda understand them.

I think there are some grammar issues with the both of you. O_o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaea wrote: »

Oh yes, some of us can be rather...devilish, indeed.
    nwJz6Dp.png

Kowaii...
    e99f01f5323e523db5cdfae01aab81e12f24cd75_hq.gif