Check out the patch notes for the February 18th update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/65163/patch-notes-february-18th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

List of things that annoy you in the game.

Comments

  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    The short delay between pet mounting attempts. Yes. This is what annoys me the most currently.
    Omg! :| ~ This is a lot like talking about Mosquitoes (or Rain) on a camping trip. (like a song that gets stuck in your head lol). :D

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    3sIuhtm.jpg

    One screenshot, but so many emotions.
    HardmuscleErorservSherriNilrempawcalypseRaintheswordShadowtivaniFweepCyrettaVioletBoyand 3 others.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,195
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    3sIuhtm.jpg

    One screenshot, but so many emotions.

    How can you expect to mount your bird?

    Your arms are totally too short to reach that.
    SherriMizukiHayama
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Posts: 52
    Member
    Lack of a real auction house. I hate arguing and making enemies just because of one particular item I really want is in the hand of a very greedy person.
    SherriMizukiHayama
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    3sIuhtm.jpg

    One screenshot, but so many emotions.

    Its nice to see so many people bringing up the funkiness with mounting, it doesn't get brought up enough since it gets overshadowed by all the other things everyone has also brought up here, but oh boy if that isn't one of the single most aggravating bits of bugginess in the game.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    edited August 27, 2017
    That the in game ping meter was omitted from the NA version to keep from discouraging people from playing rather then just reworking the netcode to work with the larger geographical area that the NA server covers.

    Being told that adjusting my MTU based on what I happen to be doing in the game at the time is somehow an acceptable solution to lag caused by the above problem.
    Rainthesword
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Posts: 52
    Member
    Having people ask you for free stuff just because you helped them, I had someone ask me to use my event prof hammer on their item...
    GretaHardmuscleSherriNilremsos123456
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Posts: 117
    Member
    That some doll bags pick things up for you and most others don't.
    The timed nature of doll bags and pets. I get the reasoning behind them but still.
    Being in a place of my Mabi career where I am AP starved.
    Lack of an Auction House/Exchange/Offline player stores.
    The constant events and new gachapons. I know they have to make money but slow down a little. And the drop rates and amount of clear useless junk in the gachapons...
    Severely limited inventory space unless you pony up cash for bags.
    Life skills being ultra epicly grindy.
    Lag.
    The fact that the game directs you to Alban Knights stuff right out of the gate when you first start. They really ought to make you play through the Generations in turn. Or at least level gate them a little so they become unlocked in order.
    HardmuscleSherrisos123456
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited August 27, 2017
    Having people ask you for free stuff just because you helped them, I had someone ask me to use my event prof hammer on their item...
    We need another title... e.g. ~~~~ "is not a bank" :D
    Offline player stores..
    *but.. *housing * cough* ........... :D

  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 60
    Member
    CP Requirements on skills. I STILL haven't mastered Hydra because of it. QQ

    Mount lag.

    Rude people in Shyllien/Hillwen.

    Some guy decided that instead of changing to one of the other empty channels, he'd fight over B1 of Hillwen with my friend. He was trying to mine for Unknown Ores but this guy decided that every single node on every channel belonged to him. He kept following my friend around to mine all the nodes that he was trying to mine from, even when he changed channels.

    I was watching this happen through screen share on Skype with said friend, and at least FOUR other channels were empty. The dude could've just used one of those, but thought chasing someone out of the mine altogether was a better idea.

    "Friends" who think they're entitled to your money/stuff. Story in the spoiler.
    I had a "friend" who kept asking me if I bought him a present after I didn't play for a few months. Apparently I missed his birthday and he wanted any recent (M) gacha only outfit worth over 1m. After I told him that I had to practically sell everything but a few outfits to buy a Mir Dragon and left myself with less than 200k, he started getting pushy and asking me to give him one or two of the outfits I didn't sell because "you don't play much anyway so you're not exactly using them"

    He actually expected me to just hand over some of my outfits because I missed his birthday?? I wasn't even really good friends with the guy, we kept getting into arguments over dumb things, so like hell I was gonna blow more than 1m on the guy. I ended up blocking him because he would not take no for an answer, even when I offered to just give him 500k after I sold my dyes + I was just sick of arguing.

    I unblocked him a few months later because I figured he wouldn't bother me anymore since he didn't try to harass me via notes. Rookie mistake. He found me AFKing in front of Dunby one day and tried to talk to me. Immediately blocked him again when I came back.
    GretaSherriHardmuscleRaintheswordsos123456
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    CP Requirements on skills. I STILL haven't mastered Hydra because of it. QQ

    @YianKutKu ~ Excuses.... Excuses.... Excuses.... B)
    TOvmTba.jpgXxyNQaK.jpgTamKJGc.jpg

  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,335
    Posts: 522
    Member
    lceCream wrote: »
    ARCHERY MISSING

    Especially during magnum dan tests. XD
    Hardmusclesos123456
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Offline player stores..
    *but.. *housing * cough* ........... :D

    Except housing is useless because its limited to 5mil, requires vip service to use, is limited in quantity and costs a hefty sum to maintain, 1mil or so in bid every time you need a new house, based on the whims of the current castle owners, and requires you to teleport to a different location AND change channel TWICE every time you want to buy something from it. We need something that's not stupid and useless and is actually accessible by the entire community, not just a small portion of it. Simply being able to log off with your shop running to sell things while offline would not only be a simple solution, but is how pretty much every game that uses player shops of this kind does it except for mabi, cause mabi is a special little snowflake that doesn't feel it needs to abide by convenience dontcha know.
    SherriHardmuscleArchdukeValeCortezsos123456
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    Blortad wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Offline player stores..
    *but.. *housing * cough* ........... :D

    Except housing is useless because its limited to 5mil, requires vip service to use, is limited in quantity and costs a hefty sum to maintain, 1mil or so in bid every time you need a new house, based on the whims of the current castle owners, and requires you to teleport to a different location AND change channel TWICE every time you want to buy something from it. We need something that's not stupid and useless and is actually accessible by the entire community, not just a small portion of it. Simply being able to log off with your shop running to sell things while offline would not only be a simple solution, but is how pretty much every game that uses player shops of this kind does it except for mabi, cause mabi is a special little snowflake that doesn't feel it needs to abide by convenience dontcha know.
    Where did I say I didn't know any of that, lol? *cough* ~ :D
    sos123456
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Posts: 117
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Blortad wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Offline player stores..
    *but.. *housing * cough* ........... :D

    Except housing is useless because its limited to 5mil, requires vip service to use, is limited in quantity and costs a hefty sum to maintain, 1mil or so in bid every time you need a new house, based on the whims of the current castle owners, and requires you to teleport to a different location AND change channel TWICE every time you want to buy something from it. We need something that's not stupid and useless and is actually accessible by the entire community, not just a small portion of it. Simply being able to log off with your shop running to sell things while offline would not only be a simple solution, but is how pretty much every game that uses player shops of this kind does it except for mabi, cause mabi is a special little snowflake that doesn't feel it needs to abide by convenience dontcha know.
    Where did I say I didn't know any of that, lol? *cough* ~ :D

    To be fair, you didn't. And to be fair you did answer my gripe about offline housing. But Blortad gives some good information about the limitations of Housing. I didn't realize it was that restrictive.
    Hardmusclesos123456
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,840
    Posts: 2,653
    Member
    edited August 27, 2017
    IMO, they should dump the whole VIP/Premium system or whatever they call it, OR massively update it ALREADY.
    There is many features in the VIP/Premium system that should really be available for the public, offline housing being one of them.
    They already milk the players enough with gachas anyway.







    However, they'll never do that for us.
    Plus the people who do pay for the VIP/Premium system will bawl. 9dnGeIh.png
    sos123456
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,840
    Posts: 2,653
    Member
    On topic (I witnessed this today);
    Wasteful people.
    I hate it when people drop things that can be traded, like dyes. They could of given it to a friend or something but they dropped it instead.
    Raintheswordsos123456
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 154
    Member
    Ok lets do this. Here's my actual list.
    •Delay between mounting attempts
    •Too far to hold conversations or gather
    •Fugly looking, outdated models and textures
    •Lack of LOD
    •Lack of anisotropic filtering
    •Y'know what, just a lack of COMMON VIDEO GAME RENDERING TECHNIQUES IN GENERAL
    •Obnoxiously large afk chairs rooms
    •Items with expiry dates that really shouldn't expire (I'm looking at you event upgrade stones)
    •Items that cannot be traded for no good reason (I'm looking at you [insert event item])
    •Disconnect message doesn't disappear after 30 seconds, or at all
    •Low resolution menu backgrounds

    I don't hang out with players enough for them to annoy me ahaha that solonogi life
    SherriAsaluanse
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Posts: 117
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    On topic (I witnessed this today);
    Wasteful people.
    I hate it when people drop things that can be traded, like dyes. They could of given it to a friend or something but they dropped it instead.

    I hear you but it's not like they can't get more of an item. It is just pixels after all. Also they might not deem the item worth the time and effort to set up a shop to sell it. Like all those remote coupons people can get from the daily advanced play thingy. Or cheapo accessories that only sell for 1k if you are lucky. And some people might not have any friends to give them to.

    Also it annoys me that dying is a gated thing. In other MMOs I've played, you just went to a tailor and picked the colors you wanted on your outfit. The end. None of this trying to find enough of the same color dyes to make your outfit match.
    sos123456
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    On topic (I witnessed this today);
    Wasteful people.
    I hate it when people drop things that can be traded, like dyes. They could of given it to a friend or something but they dropped it instead.

    I hear you but it's not like they can't get more of an item. It is just pixels after all. Also they might not deem the item worth the time and effort to set up a shop to sell it. Like all those remote coupons people can get from the daily advanced play thingy. Or cheapo accessories that only sell for 1k if you are lucky. And some people might not have any friends to give them to.

    Also it annoys me that dying is a gated thing. In other MMOs I've played, you just went to a tailor and picked the colors you wanted on your outfit. The end. None of this trying to find enough of the same color dyes to make your outfit match.
    It would be so much better if untradeable garbage didn't sit there on the ground for days (like an item with an NPC value of 10 million or something). They should have an NPC value of 0 so they despawn in a reasonable amount of time. ~ Take for example the ocean of Combo Cards in Dunbarton Square.

    Raintheswordsos123456