Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

List of things that annoy you in the game.

Comments

• NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Just a few things:
    - Gacha sellers that try to get the same price that were around when the item arrived for the first time in the game. I understand the desire to get the max out of it, but really asking a huge price when the item itself is aleady sold for half his price, makes me wonder why they try sooo hard (and maybe this is why I don't buy gachas?)
    This one makes me really difficult to not contact that person, as I deem it a petty try-hard, but that would be extremely disrespectful as this is my personal view of it and I have no rights to say anything to anyone related to how they want to play their game and sell their things. I'll just avoid them if they sell something I'm interested in, hoping them good luck on the sale.
    - People spamming the chat because they want to "pvp" with you, you refuse and they get mad.
    There's a reason I have 0 pvp battles: I don't like pvp, I play MMOs to have people to talk to, not to fight with. I never really cared as I don't think Mabinogi is based only on getting stronger and stronger and beat players just to show them they're stronger. I understand asking just in case, but insisting and being mad at me because I gently refused isn't going to be help.
    Blortad wrote: »
    People who hate on the new dungeons way too hard, old dungeons were the stupidest most pointless and completely irrelevant thing...
    Wasn't this due to the fact they revamped the dungeons without changing the CP of the mobs inside them? People complained a lot about being stomped by a "weakest" rat or something.
    Scumbag bullies that come into an area where you are skill training, steal a bunch of your kills, then demand that YOU cc to cater to them, then follow you when you cc anyways so they can continue to kill steal you.
    Oh, I thought I was only unlucky to have found someone that was bored/angry/needed to vent and actually decided to use me as a punch bag, following me. In the end I just stopped doing whatever I was doing and ran away.
    While we're on the topic, another thing that annoys me is how guild chat, notes, and whisper all ignore blacklist. How is that feature supposed to prevent harassment when it doesn't block the majority of the games communication channels?
    This was a real hussle for me in the early years of playing as I found someone that really liked to tease me, bully me and insult me, all while the whole guild laughed at it and tossed it aside as "simple joking around" when I complained. After a few months, I changed guild and after X time, some old friend from the guild told me he was kicked out of the guild because of bullying and harassing (after "losing" me, he took it with every other player in the guild).
    SherriAtaraxiz
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    NekoLily wrote: »
    Wasn't this due to the fact they revamped the dungeons without changing the CP of the mobs inside them? People complained a lot about being stomped by a "weakest" rat or something.

Exactly. 'Weakest' enemies shouldn't hit me like trucks. CP was made useless in that update.
    WolfandWolf
  • FreebirdFreebird
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Sherri wrote: »
    IMO, they should dump the whole VIP/Premium system or whatever they call it, OR massively update it ALREADY.
    There is many features in the VIP/Premium system that should really be available for the public, offline housing being one of them.
    They already milk the players enough with gachas anyway.
    I feel like the Premium system is a holdover from the older days where the game was pseudo-subscription (pre-G4 didn't have free rebirths among other things). Anyways...

It looks like the game finally bypasses nagle, or I just have a decently low ping, so that's a plus.
    -Dunbarton is littered with Combo Cards. It's insane.
    -Obsolete old content. Why even bother running the dungeons outside of AR/Thunder/IS/FB pages and story missions? Otherwise, it's a waste of time, or worse, a complete money sink if you aren't very good. In fact, I don't see people running SMs for Shadow Wizard anymore, when that used to be decent money. PS: now that I think about it, it's more economical to buy the AR/Thunder/IS/FB pages when you think of time vs. earning payoff.
    -Somewhat of a nostalgia point: no active EvG in Dunby anymore. Granted, it was a massive money pit, but it was fun.
    -Dead zones. Somewhat related to the obsolete content. You can go pretty far without ever seeing someone, unless it's some sort of hub.
  • AvarakAvarak
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Constant Gacha spam... yeah, I know they've been doing it for years now, but still.
    SherriAsaluanse
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205

Exactly. 'Weakest' enemies shouldn't hit me like trucks. CP was made useless in that update.

What. That shouldn't happen if you have armor and the mastery...
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    lceCream wrote: »

What. That shouldn't happen if you have armor and the mastery...

So what if I'm not strong? (Die in Alby Adv.) By a Weak enemy, I believe.. Wait.. that's not the point.
    I've been on weaker characters, easily the same level as most newbies, and seen Weakest/Weak enemies that should be labeled at least Strong or Awful. Am I seriously the only one who has been noticing this?

• FreebirdFreebird
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Freebird wrote: »
    IMO, they should dump the whole VIP/Premium system or whatever they call it, OR massively update it ALREADY.
    There is many features in the VIP/Premium system that should really be available for the public, offline housing being one of them.
    They already milk the players enough with gachas anyway.
    I feel like the Premium system is a holdover from the older days where the game was pseudo-subscription (pre-G4 didn't have free rebirths among other things). Anyways...

It looks like the game finally bypasses nagle, or I just have a decently low ping, so that's a plus.
    -Dunbarton is littered with Combo Cards. It's insane.
    -Obsolete old content. Why even bother running the dungeons outside of AR/Thunder/IS/FB pages and story missions? Otherwise, it's a waste of time, or worse, a complete money sink if you aren't very good. In fact, I don't see people running SMs for Shadow Wizard anymore, when that used to be decent money. PS: now that I think about it, it's more economical to buy the AR/Thunder/IS/FB pages when you think of time vs. earning payoff.
    -Somewhat of a nostalgia point: no active EvG in Dunby anymore. Granted, it was a massive money pit, but it was fun.
    -Dead zones. Somewhat related to the obsolete content. You can go pretty far without ever seeing someone, unless it's some sort of hub.
    The game does not "finally" bypass Nagle. It doesn't bypass it all. - If you have better ping; blame your ISP. :)

We still have to disable Nagle's Algorithm manually - no TCP_NODELAY here -- nope, not on this ancient game ..

If you don't like the game and its "obsolete" content; there is nothing stopping you from playing another. :)

It's one thing to be annoyed about something;.. It's another to be wrong about something you find annoying.

I never said the obsolete content was bad. I merely lamented the fact that nobody really runs it any more.
    No need to be so argumentative.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I think the things that bother me most is the amount of RNG and power within the cash shop. :x
    SherriPanRaintheswordHiroki05
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    It's really only two things:

1. People who are trolls, and that do not leave you alone even when you blacklist them. I hate it when people just cause trouble for the heck of it, what's the point of ruining the game for someone?

2. Getting stuck when I use the Focused Fist skill -3-
    SherriGreta
  • TamisraTamisra
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Things that annoy me?

- Graphics (targeted too much to weeaboos.)
    - Unwillingness to fix issues, no matter how trivial the solution is.
    - Lag created by old programming paradigms and poor design decisions, with no attempts to update.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 3, 2017
    Tamisra wrote: »
    Things that annoy me?

Another hater of anime games? It was created this way from very start, how did you even start to play this game if you hate anime?

gc1TKU3.gif
    Mirokujin wrote: »
    Cause this game could be good if it dropped the weeb content.
    I did all I could do. I can't save this game; the weebs out number me ;(

You probably will get along with this guy lol. Unless it's your alt.
    I hope you don't come to forums and call all people weeboos like that guy did. :D
    Seriously their name sounds so weeb as well :p

SherriAtaraxizMizukiHayama
  • FreebirdFreebird
    Greta wrote: »
    Tamisra wrote: »
    Things that annoy me?

Another hater of anime games? It was created this way from very start, how did you even start to play this game if you hate anime?

gc1TKU3.gif
    Cause this game could be good if it dropped the weeb content.
    I did all I could do. I can't save this game; the weebs out number me ;(

You probably will get along with this guy lol. Unless it's your alt.
    I hope you don't come to forums and call all people weeboos like that guy did. :D
    Seriously their name sounds so weeb as well :p

Mabinogi without "weeb" graphics would just be... Vindictus. I think Mabinogi 2 (which I don't think exists anymore) did the same, and never caught on as a result.
    Sherri
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 3, 2017
    Aside from 7daystodie which I'm only interested in because roosterteeth plays it from time to time, I mostly distill modern, unstylized graphics into two categories. Realistic, or " bad artist trying to replicate cryengine graphics in a game with terrible assets " . Realism is really starting to bore me.

Keep the faith though! I'm glad there are (still) people in this world who aren't afraid to openly hate things ^_^
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 5, 2017
    Freebird wrote: »
    Mabinogi without "weeb" graphics would just be... Vindictus. I think Mabinogi 2 (which I don't think exists anymore) did the same, and never caught on as a result.

This ^^^. I just don't like that too realistic graphics. My eyes get tired of them too fast and also anime would look too weird in realistic graphics. Just my thought.

Freebird
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    5:30 gongs that wake up my neighbors in the next county.
  • ZianthraZianthra
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    I completely agree about the lack of an auction house. I'm willing to tolerate a lot of this game's outdated features but it really needs to get with the times as far as player trading goes. It's at the point where I throw out a lot of stuff simply because the hassle in selling it isn't worth my time.

Enemies who cast fireball. I play a really tanky giant who laughs off most enemy attacks, even bosses. But one minion whips out fireball and I fold like a lawn chair. In fact, that's a problem in general. Everything in this game either can't touch me or kills me instantly. Nothing in between.

The cooking dungeon. I actually grinded adventurer seals to bypass it. I hate it that much.

I am cursed when it comes to guilds and finding friends. Every time I join a guild, it dies. Every time I make a friend, I never see them again.
    Sherrikapapa
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    The musical direction of more recent generations. I mean, the orchestral stuff isn't bad, it just feels kind of generic and same-y after a while. Bring back the synth and electric guitars. Give us more of the bouncy energy of the Gairech Hills theme or the face-melting intensity of the G1 Final Boss theme. :D
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    -- having people make pedophilic comments, those who are ableist (abliest? im dumb and also cant spell anything ever.), homophobic, racist... its just i know this trash game cant be Perfect but it really turns me off when i see people bypass the filter to use slurs.
    -- also gacha rng. 50 dollars (i dont have a job or have any kind of income- mabinogi is sad special interest of mine) and absolutely nothing but appearance scrolls and training pots. 50 dollars. no outfits i can wear. nothing i can use. im giving you my money im earning by commissions and you give me /appearance scrolls and training pots i cant use/
    -- the durability decreasing while afking. why do you do that?? is the ground killing me?? stop that. (i dont have the gold or time to grind to get more gold. im a weak elf who has no idea what im doing.)
    -- lack of inventory space. unless i get millions like a miracle, i have no inv space besides that Giant bag from the tutorial. it takes more space than it gives. i cant even play my alts because i have no decent inv space. i demand decent inventory space, mabinogi
    -- how rundal normal is harder than rundal hard (not like i can solo either of them bc im trash at fighting but seriously??? i dont like the dungeon revamp.)
    -- the user market. why is everything so.. inflated. i just want this outfit but i cant bc its 10mil and i dont even have 1mil. >:I
    SherriAsaluansesos123456
  • mochibimochibi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    lmao things i struggled with when first starting this game

- noob wands cost more/equal to the amount to repair as it would cost to just buy a new wand in the shop
    - when i can't find the info i need on mabiwiki xDD
    - walking on foot for over an hr following the red quest title. not realizing that 1)they give you a moonlight book 2) they give you a horse/eagle 3) there's location check on the quest (i am the noobest of noobs)
    - not realizing the ancient part on monsters and dying
    - reaching accu lvl 1000 and losing your moonlight book having not memorized where anything on the map is
    - reaching accu lvl 200+ only to realize you can LMAOO LVL UP YOUR SKILLS WITH AP
    - not enough pouches to hold your gold until you realize you can store it all in the bank and do a direct bank transfer (my inventory lit used to be full of gold bags)
    - trying to store all my weapons/clothes in the bank when I later found out i can store it in the dressing room
    - having to redress myself after every rebirth
    - not rly annoying but funny, ppl mistake my avi as a girl
  • MininightMininight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    There is a big list of annoying things in the game, i have had to put up with for a few years. I will try keep it short. Please excuse my grammar.

- The main one i struggle with every time i play the game. Is putting up with so many Toxic. Mental Problem People, The Blame Game is so common, I do what i can to avoid the nonsense, Drag people out of the mess!!! -People intentionally causing unnecessary problems, then running away afterwards.

- I don't like the dungeon changes at all. But i am over it. I don't like how there is a lot of good stuff that can be updated, but most likely get worse, or left as is. like rafting, hot air balloon. -Spirit weapon System not being updated. Shadow Missions need to be more rewarding, improved, like new mobs and even the a.i changes on the mobs, so they use more skills to. More Missions.

THE DROP RATE and success rate is horrifyingly awful.

- People randomly entering your hs, so when you want to go in there a message pops up telling you to change channel, when you do nobody is in there.

-I don't mind there being afk and hotime events, but i reckon it would be so much better if they can build and use real motivated events, like people used to grind them for items and could make money in the game with it, although i think you have the real exploiters that has completely ruined that for others. Now it's not there anymore besides the exploiters maybe. It suck's.

The premium and VIP services not being upgraded at all same with housing and bank.

-Enchanting skill is unrewarding when ranked up.

-Potion making hp, stam and mana pots not really useful to anyone anymore.

- Blacklisting people should block pm, notes and mail, but it doesn't. -Putting up with full on noobs not newbies and scrubs, fake people. Leeches -Depends, i don't mind carrying a little. -There not being a proper matchmaking system, with all sorts of activity's. not event only. -

To many skirts and dresses for female clothing, -Giant's can look to goofy, not really a bad thing. -Not a lot of stuff for people that don't want to be in groups. -magic repair fees is insane even with enchants. Repair fees in general are high even with npc equipment. That is my small list of annoying problems with mabi etc. To be fair i don't mind making a list of good stuff about mabi in a different thread.