Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - June 3rd

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Nexon's definition of similar population of Alexina.

8s29Tz.png

assuming these results are accurate then if Alexina was merged we could have 2 full shopping channels and the other channels would be all be at least half full or slightly more. personally I think that would be kind of nice having such a large population. but yeah I don't exactly see how the population is similar between our two servers, hopefully Alexina will get merged later.

If they do, it better be before the name change option comes, otherwise, we'll have this name change issue all over again.

agreed, that would be for the best or merge on the same day the name change coupons are released. if full channels is the issue just give us 3 new channels making it 10 channels total, that should be more then enough. there is no point in having our already small mabi community divided anymore.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    They'll probably merge Alexina after the name change coupons get released so they can get money from making you guys buy name change coupons again.

If that was ever to happen I would demand a refund. But it's not going to happen. Games need at least two options for servers for server stability.
    Darkpixie99HollyBlueAgate
  • ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    We are to request the name change coupons? So do we email through cs or?
  • IXRuairiIXRuairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Congrates on the merge mabinogi team it must been hard work anyways again congrates and lets mabinogi be avaliable for all time if possible. If you ever need finicial backing please let me know.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 4, 2019
    We are to request the name change coupons? So do we email through cs or?
    Not quite just yet, they haven't announced it yet.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    -at some point server transfer fees will be put into the game cus they DIDNT merge alexina... - im figuring thats why they didnt merge alexina...
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    How do I get my blackrobed mini pet off my first slot. I try but it just duplicates itself in the pet information window. It's taking up a hotkey spot as well. :/
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    -at some point server transfer fees will be put into the game cus they DIDNT merge alexina... - im figuring thats why they didnt merge alexina...

makes sense, they have to make money somehow so I can totally see Nexon doing something like that. it will be very expensive for old Alexina players to transfer to Nao server. I would be willing to pay to transfer severs if Alexina ends up dead in the future so it would be nice if they could release server transfer coupons shortly after the name change coupons come out. luckily I only use 1 of my characters, it costs quite a bit to more to transfer a character then a pet transfer costs. my other characters are just for bank space, it will be cheaper to just delete them and buy new character cards.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Belle wrote: »
    How do I get my blackrobed mini pet off my first slot. I try but it just duplicates itself in the pet information window. It's taking up a hotkey spot as well. :/

Don't try to delete it while they're investigating the issue, touching it might be making the bug worse.
    Belle
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

makes sense, they have to make money somehow so I can totally see Nexon doing something like that. it will be very expensive for old Alexina players to transfer to Nao server. I would be willing to pay to transfer severs if Alexina ends up dead in the future so it would be nice if they could release server transfer coupons shortly after the name change coupons come out. luckily I only use 1 of my characters, it costs quite a bit to more to transfer a character then a pet transfer costs. my other characters are just for bank space, it will be cheaper to just delete them and buy new character cards.

Doing it at that point would be a big middle finger to Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari.
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    I surely hope that my items from Marketplace are not lost due to this merge.
    I work alot and dont log on much to now have to log in to find missing items.

Figure . It . Out.
    Utakamo
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Gaea wrote: »
    They'll probably merge Alexina after the name change coupons get released so they can get money from making you guys buy name change coupons again.

If that was ever to happen I would demand a refund. But it's not going to happen. Games need at least two options for servers for server stability.

not really, there are lots of other mmos that function just fine with only one server. Spiral Knights, Closers, Pokemmo, and Dragon Ball Online Global all have only one server and work just fine. mabi is not a super new mmo with hundreds of players racing towards it anymore, compared to other newer mmos our community is quite small. there is no reason to keep our community divided anymore as it will only result in servers fighting over the new players and continue dividing our community even more. Nao server will be just fine even with the Alexina community added to it, almost every player here was freaking out about what would break from this server merge and there are almost no problems and they are minor ones. every time Nexon throws a pebble at us everyone freaks out like it is a earthquake.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Gaea wrote: »

not really, there are lots of other mmos that function just fine with only one server. Spiral Knights, Closers, Pokemmo, and Dragon Ball Online Global all have only one server and work just fine. mabi is not a super new mmo with hundreds of players racing towards it anymore, compared to other newer mmos our community is quite small. there is no reason to keep our community divided anymore as it will only result in servers fighting over the new players and continue dividing our community even more. Nao server will be just fine even with the Alexina community added to it, almost every player here was freaking out about what would break from this server merge and there are almost no problems and they are minor ones. every time Nexon throws a pebble at us everyone freaks out like it is a earthquake.
    That's because most people know that Nexon frequently messes up on the simplest of things.

If Nexon was a competent company, there wouldn't be people freaking out.
  • KintoKinto
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    The merge will definitely get extended at least once.

Absolutely.
    --
    I believe this is the longest maint we've had, longer than the Iria update maint?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also woo master plan, does this mean free appearance changes(besides beauty coupons)? Cause I've been wanting to change my eye/hair color for a while and I have no pon. :(

Maybe the longest on paper, but I could swear Iria took a few days in total due to complications, resulting in the team being sent home at least once, unless that was another maint I’m thinking of.

Yeah, you're definitely right. I remember everyone was in an outrage at the time. It was at least two days if not three or four.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790

Doing it at that point would be a big middle finger to Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari.

ha-ha... its a double edge sword...
    if they implement server merge... players who are forced to pay a fee for a anonymous decision to only merge 3 of the 4 servers will see this as very low bar...
    BUT if they DONT implement sever transfers..... then the players not involved in this merge will have to start all over again with a new character.... starting today....lol

(plz give alexina players some slack... cus most of them r starting all over again...if they join nao..., the ONLY ppl who have to)
  • UtakamoUtakamo
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Bribrix3 wrote: »
    I surely hope that my items from Marketplace are not lost due to this merge.
    I work alot and dont log on much to now have to log in to find missing items.

Figure . It . Out.

I lost 2 items from AH right after the merge which I'm pissed abt coz both were expensive so I surely hope it's only cause they took it down to fix stuff
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They warned and told people to remove items from AH weeks before the merge...
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Yup. Right from the first Server Merge FAQs originally posted May 6th http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JEV

Q: What happens to items that are left in the Auction House?
    A: Auction House contents will be merged, however please be advised if you have items in the Auction House across characters on different servers on the account, the items may be lost. We strongly suggest to retrieve any items placed in the Auction House inventory, so that any items are not lost.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Leinei wrote: »

Yup. Right from the first Server Merge FAQs originally posted May 6th http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JEV

Q: What happens to items that are left in the Auction House?
    A: Auction House contents will be merged, however please be advised if you have items in the Auction House across characters on different servers on the account, the items may be lost. We strongly suggest to retrieve any items placed in the Auction House inventory, so that any items are not lost.

Even before that, in the original broadcast.
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    edited June 6, 2019
    And yet it worked fine post-merge but they still disabled it.

Edit: Finally some decent clarification on what the presiding issue was. Still leaving original message for point of lackluster communication methods. Please put this type of information in the announcement on the main page rather than just in the community forums for only a select few to see.