Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Name change was a LIE

FaithrendFaithrend
Mabinogi Rep: 985
in General Chat
So at 11 I logged out to do name change go to change my name and it says guild member witch I am not but I guess because I had an application in it wouldn’t let me then Mabinogi wouldn’t let anyone log back on for like 10mins I go to the website the remove button you claimed you fixed is not there I tried on computer and my phone finally get back into mabi and cancel application and now it says I have an item in the cash shop when I’m %100 I don’t I don’t even use the cash shop have not for year pre or post merge and now my names gone thanks i even took off work to do this great job guys thanks for screwing one of your beta testers
  1. Did you have the same issue42 votes
    1. Yes
       31% (13 votes)
    2. No
       60% (25 votes)
    3. Different issue
       10% (4 votes)

Comments

• Al_CidAl_Cid
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Yeah this is complete BS.
    Trees
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Welcome to Nexon.

hqdefault.jpg
    Trees
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I was lucky. The only problem I had was lag...probably from all the people jumping on all at once to get their names back.
    unicat
  • Al_CidAl_Cid
    I could have taken my name if it weren't for the dumb cash shop error. Nexon should have just had it together before releasing this. Literally failing the customers at every corner. Probably the worst customer experience of any gaming company.
    Trees
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 25, 2019
    Form actually opened up 2 minutes early. I got the name I wanted and someone took my curse. I feel sorry for whoever took Gaea as their new name. I was going to reserve and bury it under an alt to protect people, but I guess I was too late. Godspeed to the new Gaea. You're going to need it.
    Sakura2503SherriunicatPinkiesandwich
  • Al_CidAl_Cid
    Not to mention that there is no priority of the original name holders over someone who just wants to take their name.
    OdinM
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    They clearly mentioned that you'd be unable to apply for a name change if you're applying to join a guild.

Just pick a new name, a better name. I'm sure after a decade you've got something else you want to be called. It's not a big deal.

Also, I really wanna point out that when you say "MY name's gone", you don't seem to realize that it's also other people's name. I'm sure it was just as important to them as it was to you, and only one of up to three people can keep it.
    DanievictriaDraechDANIartsSherriLokitinSpareoh
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2019
    The whole Name Change requirement thing is a full load of BS. It' ridiculous, i have never seen anything like this on any other game.
    TreesTwistedxFateSherri
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I was lucky. The only problem I had was lag...probably from all the people jumping on all at once to get their names back.

Same. I was on mobile, too, which adds to my confusion.
    unicat
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    On my Kensama (Kensama+Mari) character.
    I just simply left my guild on the guild page, went back to the reservation page and it allowed me to proceed with the name change.
    I hope I do get my name.
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    You can submit a ticket if your having cashahop issues there’s a guide on website and get your name changed through the costumer support
    Spareoh
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Also, I really wanna point out that when you say "MY name's gone", you don't seem to realize that it's also other people's name. I'm sure it was just as important to them as it was to you, and only one of up to three people can keep it.

That's exactly why I chose to just go with giving my character his embarrassing full name instead of trying to get Zennos again. Someone else, probably someone who's been playing longer and is even more attached, was likely also trying to get their name back to normal. To avoid any possible drama (and, hopefully, make someone's day go better), I just let the name go. Though, I still wish it had been possible to allow us to add a space or implement a last name feature.
    Spareoh
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    They clearly mentioned that you'd be unable to apply for a name change if you're applying to join a guild.

Just pick a new name, a better name. I'm sure after a decade you've got something else you want to be called. It's not a big deal.

The problem is that, more likely than not, the name was taken by someone who never had it to begin with.

The "safeguards" they mentioned are not working.
    Trees
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Seems pretty fair game to me.
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Pan wrote: »
    Sure, if cash shop inv from before the merge affecting who can make a claim is fair
  • eikodeneikoden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    Very unhappy and stressed atm.

It would have been nice to have asked people to select a main character for each account and to have prioritized main characters firstly.

Some of us only really play one character. And we're going through this angst to try and keep our names. It's pretty absurd.

What do I do if someone else takes my name? Change my forum name too? >.<
    lilblkroseOdinMKitini
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Pan wrote: »

Well, of course you would.
    Faithrend
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Don't only check the cash shop inventory, but also check the auction board, make sure you retrieve all your purchases and cancel anything you have on sale. Also you have to check the housing channel market's bank lady and if you have any items to retrieve from a previous house ownership you need to get all of those out of that inventory. Normally after owning a house on the housing channel the game puts a check in your "retrieve items" window that pays you back some of the money you spent on bidding on the house in the first place.

I had the cash shop issue and figured out that it was actually the housing channel inv that was stopping me from getting a name change. Fixed that and my request went through just fine. So make sure you don't have anything like that on your character.

Also, everyone needs to leave their guilds, families, divorce their spouses, and cancel applications to guilds as well, which you can do through the Mabi website. Click on community -> guilds -> guild profile -> find your character's name and push "cancel application"
    eikodenDraechSherri
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Should’ve prepared beforehand. They listed all requirements for a smooth transition.

:shrug:
    DANIarts