Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

STOP GIVING US EXPIRING STUFF!!!

Donk3yDonk3y
Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
in General Chat
Seriously! It's the most annoying thing to have like 3 rebirth potions that expire in 6 days :/, how do you expect us to use all of them? More so, how do you expect anybody that's not a nolifer to make use of all the timed things you throw at us through events?

So one answer might be that "they want to try to push people to use them, and not just hoard them".

But that basically boils down to this: The hoarders will still try to hoard them, or keep them to use them until the very end, after which they expire, and they lose. The non hoarders will use them just as they would if they wouldn't be permanent, except that even the non hoarders don't need to use EVERYTHING AT ONCE, and even they will have to throw some stuff down because it expired...

Basically EVERYBODY LOSES!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

What're yer thoughts?
ByffShakaya
  1. Do you too?50 votes
    1. Yes
       64% (32 votes)
    2. I think so
       8% (4 votes)
    3. Beef
       28% (14 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 18, 2019
    I just throw them away and forget. Or hoard them till they expire and then throw away lol.
    Radiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I just throw them away and forget. Or hoard them till they expire and then throw away lol.

I usually do the latter. If I am able to use it in time, then good, if not, it doesn't hurt.
    GretaWolfsingerroastedpig
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 18, 2019
    I can run my grind mission in about 4 minutes 30 seconds each.
    So if I schedule an hour in advance, I can get away with using two rebirth potions without it being a waste.

If you can't shoot for 200 without spending money on boosts, and you've no friends to partner with on harder grind missions: just shoot for 60 ;]

Surely a working-person could structure their schedule for a simple game, no?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    Now if this was about those expiring Full-Heal potions, yeah. Those really DO suck. An expiring potion, really? .. . . reeeeaaalllyyyy????
    At least nao soul stones have an OP reason for it, but just regular potions? Naaaaaah
    Get Mad!
    Sherri
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I don't see any problem. You don't have to use all of the stuff. Just drop or destroy the ones you don't use. It was all free anyway.

Easy come, easy go.
    Kageito
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    I can run my grind mission in about 4 minutes 30 seconds each.
    So if I schedule an hour in advance, I can get away with using two rebirth potions without it being a waste.

If you can't shoot for 200 without spending money on boosts, and you've no friends to partner with on harder grind missions: just shoot for 60 ;]

Surely a working-person could structure their schedule for a simple game, no?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    Now if this was about those expiring Full-Heal potions, yeah. Those really DO suck. An expiring potion, really? .. . . reeeeaaalllyyyy????
    At least nao soul stones have an OP reason for it, but just regular potions? Naaaaaah
    Get Mad!

But the problem is, you also have to be in the mood for it. If you're not in the mood for it, it suddenly switches from fun to chore...
    THICCthighssavelivesXafnir
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 18, 2019
    I, too, hate getting expiring items. I toss mine away, but I wish I didn't have to. Easier to get nothing at all. Saves me the work of having to clean space in my inventory for actual useful things.
    The full recovery potions are the worse.
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Event items really need to be looked at more. Another issue is event items that don't stack. Over the years, I've accumulated 3-4 of the SAME event items like red or blue stones, neither of which stacks, clogging up my bank. I say just give us another inventory or bank tab solely for event items.
    Sai wrote: »
    I, too, hate getting expiring items. I toss mine away, but I wish I didn't have to. Easier to get nothing at all. Saves me the work of having to clean space in my inventory for actual useful things.

Not as bad as timed Nao Stones. Thats like saying you need to die in the next 6 days in order to use me. Like maybe I don't want to die in the next 6 days.
    SherriDanievictriaDonk3yeikoden
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Expiring Hammers are also bad.

Always getting them when I don't need them, not having em when I could actually use em.
    Danievictriaeikoden
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yes, I'm sick and tired of all this expiring stuff too! If they're gonna give us stuff at least let us use it but no it all expires smh
    Shakaya
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Could not agree more with this. I never saw the point of making the items expire.
    Shakaya
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Expired items forces me to act fast instead of taking it steady, or take advantage of situations that gives ya a bonus on using it.

Because this game have too much grind for too little reward.
    Shakaya
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Yep. I come and go too often these days from this game, it's infuriating that I can't save items like I used to for a rainy day. To be honest, I could care less about rebirth potions or ap potions. I'm sitting on over 20,000 AP, and nothing significant to use it on (sorry, not sorry). However, training potions, full restore potions, prof hammers, and the various other event items that expire... I would put some of them away in a bank tab for a later date IF they didn't expire.

Keep in mind alot of us old timers hoarded -everything- from fomor scrolls, EVENT ITEMS, to gold, to materials, to npc weapons, and more.... It never hurt anyone, and the best part was if I decided to go on a hiatus my stuff would be there for a rainy day when I come back. I don't know what started this trend of giving us expiry event items a few years back, but whoever thought of that, needs to go back to the drawing board. Thanks.
    TwistedxFateSherriDanievictriaShakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I just got used to it and started chucking anything that comes with a timer.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 19, 2019
    I just use it when I want to use it. If it expires I drop it and think nothing of it.
    courtneyy wrote: »
    Yep. I come and go too often these days from this game, it's infuriating that I can't save items like I used to for a rainy day. To be honest, I could care less about rebirth potions or ap potions. I'm sitting on over 20,000 AP, and nothing significant to use it on (sorry, not sorry). However, training potions, full restore potions, prof hammers, and the various other event items that expire... I would put some of them away in a bank tab for a later date IF they didn't expire.

Keep in mind alot of us old timers hoarded -everything- from fomor scrolls, EVENT ITEMS, to gold, to materials, to npc weapons, and more.... It never hurt anyone, and the best part was if I decided to go on a hiatus my stuff would be there for a rainy day when I come back. I don't know what started this trend of giving us expiry event items a few years back, but whoever thought of that, needs to go back to the drawing board. Thanks.

I still have a few stacks of glass shards. I like to give them to people and watch them get confused.

Hold wrote: »
    Event items really need to be looked at more. Another issue is event items that don't stack. Over the years, I've accumulated 3-4 of the SAME event items like red or blue stones, neither of which stacks, clogging up my bank. I say just give us another inventory or bank tab solely for event items.
    Sai wrote: »

Not as bad as timed Nao Stones. Thats like saying you need to die in the next 6 days in order to use me. Like maybe I don't want to die in the next 6 days.

Oh no! If I don't die within the next 6 days I'll need to drop something I got for free! Such a dilemma!
    KensamaofmariBlissfulkill
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    don't really see the problem with them to be honest, its not hard to plan out when you're going to rebirth and leveling up with them, just do it on the weekend and then it makes it super easy as it only takes around 5-10 minutes in no where to run to get from 60 to 150; no need to no life it. and i personally like the full recovery pots, those things are very nice in tech dungeons.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 19, 2019
    the only thing that bothers me is the hammers since its incredibly hard to use them all over time, but the full recoveries I like since I don't have spend 100-250k per stack and if you run endgame content they are really good to have. Btw I don't spend 10+ doing these said things sometimes it does not even reach 5 hours. So no you don't no life to use some of these items, maybe all.

Voted I think so, since I do agree about the hammers but not the full recoveries.

but again all of this is free and only takes afking to obtain along with a few secs to drop them on ground so
    586619045579587584.png?v=1
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 19, 2019
    At least make the friggin things stack to 20 or 50 instead of 5 if they're gonna be given by the hundreds'load, take up two slots each, and expire just as badly
    SherriTHICCthighssavelives
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    At least make the friggin things stack to 20 or 50 instead of 5 if they're gonna be given by the hundreds'load, take up two slots each, and expire just as badly

I concur, especially with full recovery pots.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I have a love-hate relationship with these stuff.

I love the free stuff since it feeds my curiosity and allows me to experiment.

But I hate that I get such a limited amount of them per event I get blue balled when my few 1-2 tries goes south and gotta wait a month or more to catch the next event aligning with my IRL schedule...
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited July 19, 2019
    I just give them to my alts, so they can get to level 100 in 1 day when doing their memoir quests.
    They probably have more than 2k ap and counting.

For rusty hammers, throw them to my other equipment.
    For full recovery pots, G23 part 2, Tech Duinn missions, and Dorcha Conversion.

The whole point is to be creative to use the timed items before they expire.
    AlexisEU