Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unpopular Opinion: Cancel the Legendary Item Event

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
in General Chat
Seems like many people arent having a good time
  1. Cancel it75 votes
    1. Yes
       76% (57 votes)
    2. No
       24% (18 votes)

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I mean, the event is bad, but. What exactly would canceling it accomplish?
    Policroma
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No.
    Don't like. Don't do it.
    Simple.
    CrimsọnWolfsingerskpkion
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Alt abuse
    gotta pull the Hamlet Delegation event all over again
    PlatinaKokiDragoolfireFOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    Alt abuse

What happened with that event?
    (I was *ahem* not around during that time).
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    edited April 11, 2020
    Crims wrote: »
    Alt abuse

In the release of G13 they introduced a celebration event for it. All you had to do was talk to the event NPCs to receive a reward box and the boxes gave out end game equipment (at the time). They did not put a 1-per account restriction, and instead the restriction was 1-per character. Nexon quickly pulls the plug on the event because they did not expect people to flood the event with alts in the attempt to get as much end-game equips as possible.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Hamlet_Delegation_Event_(2011)
    FOXAssassin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 12, 2020
    So they did not learn from past mistakes and now we have this? Same old Nexon huh...

Should of made Endgame Mats more common instead of this crap. At least this will make players do SOMETHING instead of circling the NPC like some kind of Cult ready to chant some horrific words to boost luck with alts.

Why could they not just do that?
    ShakayaFOXAssassinFaybal
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    9dnGeIh.png
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Liberate wrote: »
    Alt abuse

In the release of G13 they introduced a celebration event for it. All you had to do was talk to the event NPCs to receive a reward box and the boxes gave out end game equipment (at the time). They did not put a 1-per account restriction, and instead the restriction was 1-per character. Nexon quickly pulls the plug on the event because they did not expect people to flood the event with alts in the attempt to get as much end-game equips as possible.

The alts on the same account were fine, even intended. People were creating NEW accounts and spamming the event with them that caused the issue.

Twas a shame. Can't have nice things without people ruining it. http://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/archives/1/00Ao2
    Liberate
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    It's basically a gacha. Alot of people will buy it but only 1 or 2 people will get the rare item. Some people will not go for it and just save them selves from the lag. Some people will be salty because they're not wanting other people to get more chances at it too.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Nexon giving away cool stuff for free:

Nexon packaging cool stuff up and selling it in really low-odds gachas:
    4061352_0.jpg
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 12, 2020
    There's no point cancelling it; just stop participating in it. This is a unique opportunity to play Mabinogi without the distraction of an event. Go outside and play (figuratively speaking of course and in a Mabinogi sense).

Liberate wrote: »
    Alt abuse

Was that the one that gave out the free reforges?
    Wolfsinger
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    majority of the vote says yes.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Personally, I don't care that much. While it is kinda annoying to hear about the alts and spammers getting the equipment, I honestly think people are being way too salty about it and need to chill.
    Is the event poorly designed? Heck yes but we should be used to that by now. Should we say something? Sure, politely. But I think talking about cancelling it is a bit much at this point in time.
    Would be nice if they could implement some fixes between now and the next one though :P
    Policroma
    Just saying nexon should be listening to It's player base. Ignoring the event with no feedback wouldn't let nexon know this was a bad idea. Players should be allowed to express how they feel, so stop telling them to not do that. Players want progress, not regression.
    courtneyyFaybal
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Just saying nexon should be listening to It's player base. Ignoring the event with no feedback wouldn't let nexon know this was a bad idea. Players should be allowed to express how they feel, so stop telling them to not do that. Players want progress, not regression.

Um....
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Is the event poorly designed? Heck yes but we should be used to that by now. Should we say something? Sure, politely. But I think talking about cancelling it is a bit much at this point in time.

There, highlighted it for you. It wasn't even that long/difficult a read, mate, come on XD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Now i want to ask you. Who wasn't "polite"?
    Faybal
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Polite takes too long.
    Cancel now.

Maybe even set something on fire.
    Faybal
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 12, 2020
    Personally, I don't care that much. While it is kinda annoying to hear about the alts and spammers getting the equipment, I honestly think people are being way too salty about it and need to chill.
    Would be nice if they could implement some fixes between now and the next one though :P

You're talking about stopping people from multi clienting basically. Every time they mess with that it causes problems with households. Guys we honestly should be used to this by now. Don't like it, don't play the event. Simple.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Greta wrote: »
    Now i want to ask you. Who wasn't "polite"?

tbh this pleasantly surprised me in that regard. Considering the people I've seen cursing ingame, the forum's been pretty good this time XDD

You're talking about stopping people from multi clienting basically. Every time they mess with that it causes problems with households. Guys we honestly should be used to this by now. Don't like it, don't play the event. Simple.

No one here is talking about playing the event though. Telling them to ignore it isn't going to help the future either. Everyone has come here to express what they think about it, (that's what the forums are for) and nexon should be able to see that feedback here. There's nothing wrong with that. Salt or not, feed back is feed back. Why are you even in the forums if you're not here to give feed back on the game? Seems all you want to do is get your cute "mabi rep" up, but while you're doing that, do us a favor and don't try to put other people down for doing what literally the forums are here for.
    КалашниковNilremvamprynChaosShadowFOXAssassinFaybal