[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct
. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Let's talk about commerce (:
I bloody hate it and here's why:
- Despite an indicated profit at distant trade posts, I'll either break even or lose money unless I'm using a letter.
- For whatever reason, you're punished for disconnecting/crashing by having some of your trade goods nicked, which for me means I've been handed an immediate loss of Ducats and the trip is now pointless.
- The prices for most goods, even before the genius idea to make the pet blueprints dependent on being sourced from a feature in the game that gets no work or attention in any regard, are usually already tanked.
- My gods, it is boring.
- To make any significant or meaningful profit, you must both rebirth into the Commerce talent and sink an incredible amount of gold into commerce oriented reforges and accessories. I shouldn't have to bankroll just to be able to reasonably participate in content.
I have no chance to obtain any of the pet blueprints, let alone my quickly discarded motivation to acquire all of them, with how the commerce system functions. This isn't new. Commercing has been nigh pointless shortly after it came out - there's an exceptionally good reason the amount of people doing this has been essentially zero before this pet update. Even now, I still don't seem many people willing to subject themselves to the literal torture that is this woefully broken 'feature'.
"Okay you don't like commercing, so what would make it better?"
Thank you for asking Anon, allow me to put my passive aggressiveness aside for a few moments to enlighten you.
- Reset trade good value on a weekly basis. I.e. Monday rolls around, and now all trade goods are sold at a minimum 20% profit at the nearest trade outpost, reasonably increasing as you travel to further trade posts, with the rate decaying as the week goes on and people sell goods.
- Alternate ways to go about obtaining Ducats: Commerce Field Bosses. Let me encounter one of these scary boss bandits I keep seeing during ambushes randomly, and defeat them for hefty bounties; 20,000 would be nice.
- Smuggler hunting. Smuggling is clearly a problem when you do it - so let me capture 'Smugglers' and 'confiscate' their trade goods, to return to their trade post of origin for a Good Bean reward. (NPC Smugglers of course, though the idea of ambushing some poor sod selling goods to the smuggler is appealing.)
I'm eager to hear your thoughts on commercing. Do you like it? Hate it? Tell me below - suggestions too, if you have them. Happy hunting, Milletians.
- How do you feel about commercing?27 votes
It's perfect. 15% (4 votes)
It's alright. It could be better but I'm not complaining. 48% (13 votes)
Stinky goblin feature needs burned and rebuilt from the ground up. 37% (10 votes)