Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Something is going on at Nexon HQ from news

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Habimaru wrote: »
    What did the local KR-population hate about P-C ? And if it's too lengthy to list then what about the top 3 issues ?
    Yeah, a company wouldn't go tumbling stubbornly to death with an investment if the feedback did not come back positive.

It was an overall "meh" kind of game, very unpolished after so many years of development.
    (Pretty, but the battle system was not very fun.)
    Stadia was already facing backlash during PC Pioneer Test, which intended for eventual Stadia release.
    (As hinted by the official Peria Chronicles YouTube "Following" page.)
    So if you couple that with the poor PC feedback, it was a wise investment to shut it down altogether.

Not all is lost, years of experience gained for future projects.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 22, 2020
    Not all is lost, years of experience gained for future projects.

Indeed.
    Best part is that they know how not to fail, and if the data was archived somewhere, that data can be revised and converted depending on the software.
    I'm hoping that at least the cooking and farming mechanics were salvaged and can improve Mabinogi, but I'm not crossing my fingers any time soon.

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 19, 2020
    Maple Story 2 is to sunset, and comes in a time of financial crisis to any business.
    I think it's safe to say that while this is a sad and well suited farewell, it was a hype train well lived in it's span of the interweb.
    The developers wanted to make MS2 a game according to their plans, while also appealing to MS fans.
    A battle well fought, but rumors of Nexon struggles have dotted this thread.
    Thank you, MS2 devs and GMs, for delivering yet another adorable game for our nerd hearts.
    GSlEVaLj_thumb200.jpg

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Are you kidding me? Bruh, this server only existed for 1,5 years. What in the actual f...
    Darkpixie99Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 7, 2020
    Oh, hey... a Limited Edition MapleStory Pink Bean Gaming Chair released last month. Seems to appear in stock. Article

Nexon signs deal with EA for a new FIFA mobile game in South Korea
    Article
    Nexon Korea has signed a deal with Electronic Arts to launch new title FIFA Mobile in South Korea.
    Closed beta testing for the new game will be held from April 3rd-13th. It will feature squad building and game modes designed specifically for mobile. It will also make use of EA's official licenses of leagues and players.
    "Nexon will deploy top resources and its expertise in game service to bring the best FIFA Mobile experience to local players," said Nexon Korea CEO Junghun Lee.

Well, this will either become a dream, or a nightmare. Especially for loot box legislative changes.
    (Red tape is becoming 3-6 years at this rate...)

Here's what appears to be a KR review and playthrough:
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Oh, hey... a Limited Edition MapleStory Pink Bean Gaming Chair released last month. Seems to appear in stock. Article

Article
    Nexon Korea has signed a deal with Electronic Arts to launch new title FIFA Mobile in South Korea.
    Closed beta testing for the new game will be held from April 3rd-13th. It will feature squad building and game modes designed specifically for mobile. It will also make use of EA's official licenses of leagues and players.
    "Nexon will deploy top resources and its expertise in game service to bring the best FIFA Mobile experience to local players," said Nexon Korea CEO Junghun Lee.

Well, this will either become a dream, or a nightmare. Especially for loot box legislative changes.

EA??..lol

Article

EA??..lol

It's ok, it's only FIFA...
    Darkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm still depressed MS2 is shutting down.. I was waiting for that game since it was Alpha in KR.
    Oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess..
    КалашниковLiberate
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm still depressed MS2 is shutting down.. I was waiting for that game since it was Alpha in KR.
    Oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess..

It is a shame. The graphics were offputting to a lot of people which may have killed the interest before it began. Like animal crossing, insecurities of playing a "cute" looking game is both sad and funny.

I played both betas and release but quit early on due to virtually everything being gatekept + time restrained. But I did expect it to last a lot longer than this.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 9, 2020
    MS2 graphics were extremely cute... Whoever said it looks childish should stop playing their Animal Crossing LOL.
    I have no idea why they killed it though. I just dislike the way end-game worked in there.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Greta wrote: »
    MS2 graphics were extremely cute... Whoever said it looks childish should stop playing their Animal Crossing LOL.
    I have no idea why they killed it though. I just dislike the way end-game worked in there.

Lack of profit after the Merit Market was inflated, most likely.
    2020 Q1 Results
    Presentation
    https://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/yCGV/Z9Zk/NVwl.pdf
    Results
    https://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/yCGV/Z9Zk/Qy0j.pdf

Difference Between Outlook and Actual Results
    https://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/yCGV/Z9Zk/XIih.pdf

Things to note. While revenues and overall net income fell, there has been no major hits in their key markets of China and Japan. They were able to meet their expectations in China despite PC Cafe closures. They broke records in Korea. Game development was not impacted due to the pandemic.

They are expecting a big boost from the release of Dungeon Fighter 2D Mobile (which launched yesterday)

Regionally, the combined revenue of North America and Europe makes just 5% now, The rest of the world outside their normal markets is also 5%.

Choices and Maplestory helped beat expectations in North America, however continued declines in Choices, Darkness Rises, and AxE more than offset the gains.

Mobile game revenue in NA continued to decline despite being a bit higher than Q4 2019. PC revenue was lower than Q4 but much higher than 2019 Q1. Revenue overall fell 25%.

They see continued decline in this market in Q2. Expect bonuses from Kartrider Launch (May 12) to be more than offset by declines in Overhit, Darkness Rises, AxE.

Q2 Spring entering summer is usually when we see big revenue increases, but they're expecting declines.
    Darkpixie99
    Forgot about this for a couple weeks.
    http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/djAz/D8Kl/pDgA.pdf

For Q2, there was expansion in NA, with the pandemic and entering summer it is expected that more people would spend their time on games.
    While revenue from mobile games continue to make the bulk of NA revenue, expansion in PC gaming spending is higher yoy while mobile contracted yoy. But mobile increases are much higher from last quarter while PC saw a healthy increase.

The bulk of PC revenue came from Maplestory (as expected).

For Q3, they are expecting Maplestory revenue to triple yoy (thanks to summer and pandemic) and expecting positive revenue from KartRider Rush.

In other news

Forming two joint ventures (“JVs”) with Wonder Holdings to focus on the successful development and
    launches of KartRider: Drift as well as MABINOGI MOBILE; Nexon retains ownership of KartRider and
    Mabinogi IPs
    • Nexon will publish these games and provide ongoing live operations support
    • Both JVs will be equity method affiliates
    • The development assets for KartRider: Drift and MABINOGI MOBILE will be moved to the JVs

Mabi remains a core game for KR and JP markets. As there is more talk about Mabi on this presentation, expecting more commitment on Mabi Mobile.

In other news Nexon and Tencent are delaying the release of Dungeon Fighter Mobile
    http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/djAz/KXso/LLpy.pdf
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595

For Q2, there was expansion in NA, with the pandemic and entering summer it is expected that more people would spend their time on games.
    While revenue from mobile games continue to make the bulk of NA revenue, expansion in PC gaming spending is higher yoy while mobile contracted yoy. But mobile increases are much higher from last quarter while PC saw a healthy increase.

For Q3, they are expecting Maplestory revenue to triple yoy (thanks to summer and pandemic) and expecting positive revenue from KartRider Rush.

In other news

Forming two joint ventures (“JVs”) with Wonder Holdings to focus on the successful development and
    launches of KartRider: Drift as well as MABINOGI MOBILE; Nexon retains ownership of KartRider and
    Mabinogi IPs
    • The development assets for KartRider: Drift and MABINOGI MOBILE will be moved to the JVs

Mabi remains a core game for KR and JP markets. As there is more talk about Mabi on this presentation, expecting more commitment on Mabi Mobile.

In other news Nexon and Tencent are delaying the release of Dungeon Fighter Mobile

Still waiting for Ghost in the Shell - First Assault too come back, and to honor 1st founders who funded the game, because it only lasted less than a year before shut down. It was a great game, and they just dropped it! D:
    GhostUN7 wrote: »

In other news

Mabinogi IPs

Still waiting for Ghost in the Shell - First Assault too come back, and to honor 1st founders who funded the game, because it only lasted less than a year before shut down. It was a great game, and they just dropped it! D:

Games that get dropped quickly is due to sufficient evident from feedback that they won't be making money off of it and better to pull it early than waste more money maintaining it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I'm surprised this thread is still here.
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Is it surprising?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Is it surprising?

What happened to your financial discussion buddy: what's-his-face?
    Helsa wrote: »

Is it surprising?

What happened to your financial discussion buddy: what's-his-face?

Who knows? Life is tough yknow, they may not have the time to be here much these days.
    Wolfsinger
    Nexon's stock has been added to the Nikkei 225.
    3Q results are expected to be announced Nov 10

https://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/cXa5/NCWY/aWuf.pdf