Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't Add/Receive Friends Requests

timaeusstimaeuss
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
in Help
This is actually for a friend of mine who just started the game a couple days ago. I tried to add him to my friends list so I can help him with stuff, but he can't receive friend requests. Actually, his whole friend list menu is greyed out.
unknown.png

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not because I took some time away from the game and recently came back. If it's not a bug, what does he need to do to unlock his friend list?
Also, my friend list is still working fine, so I'm wondering if this is something that only affects new players.
DanksushiAyamichiiXenoxen

Comments

• DanksushiDanksushi
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    This issue is happening to me too, but I am also a New Player.
    Gonna be following this post. Hopefully it gets resolved soon cause it's really annoying
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Created a new character and also experiencing this on Nao... I filed a support request.
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Seems to still be persisting... I gave support more info so we'll see what happens.

After a bit it says "Attempting to access Friends List...", is your friend seeing this too?:

cGaixrM.png
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Ayamichii wrote: »
    Seems to still be persisting... I gave support more info so we'll see what happens.

After a bit it says "Attempting to access Friends List...", is your friend seeing this too?:

cGaixrM.png

I asked him to take a screenshot. His doesn't look like that, unfortunately.

unknown.png?width=375&height=517

It's just completely blank. Really odd that this only affects new players. If it's a bug, I hope it gets resolved. If it's not, I wonder what the reasoning behind it is...
    Ayamichii
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    timaeuss wrote: »

I asked him to take a screenshot. His doesn't look like that, unfortunately.

unknown.png?width=375&height=517

It's just completely blank. Really odd that this only affects new players. If it's a bug, I hope it gets resolved. If it's not, I wonder what the reasoning behind it is...

Thanks for checking. They've escalated my ticket and are looking into it.
    Yazuka
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Just relog (no changing channels), game is old, happens often.
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Have relogged multiple times, issue still persists.
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Ayamichii wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Have relogged multiple times, issue still persists.

Same in the case of my friend. I suggested the same thing when we realized his friend list wasn't working, but he tried multiple times and it never solved the issue.
  • YazukaYazuka
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    This is happening for every new character. I'm not sure whats causing this but hopefully they get a look at this and fix it.
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Yazuka wrote: »
    This is happening for every new character. I'm not sure whats causing this but hopefully they get a look at this and fix it.

Thanks for confirming. Yeah it seems so. I created a completely new character (with a different email account) and same thing happened. All my existing characters don't have this issue.
    YazukaMilkvore
  • YazukaYazuka
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    I added this to bugs and glitches please try to bump this post for me https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/24341/new-characters-cant-add-or-receive-friend-request?new=1
  • RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Can I upvote, I experienced the same thing. New character on Nao server. Friend list is disabled just like Ayamichii's, so if you made any progress please let me know.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    This is gonna sound weird, but I think some stuff in that window actually makes use of your browser maybe the issue is there? This idea is really more for tech support in case they are stuck. Anyway just for gits and shiggles try running Mabinogi in Safe Mode with Networking and see if that does anything. Posting the result, positive or negative, is useful for tech support. If it works in Safe Mode with Networking, don't keep playing that way. Reboot back into normal mode and make sure your client is white-listed in the firewall.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Just wanted to come in here and mention that we are aware of this issue and it has been sent to our developers.
    AyamichiiMilkvore
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Katherz wrote: »
    Just wanted to come in here and mention that we are aware of this issue and it has been sent to our developers.

Thanks for the official response.

I hope this gets fixed soon. I think we're approaching 1 month without the ability to add friends. :(
  • catharborcatharbor
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    I was wondering the same thing. I did submit a ticket and received a reply that this issue is being worked on; however, I see that it has been 23 days. Clearly this is a more complex problem than it would appear. Does Development have any kind of an estimated time when this will be resolved? Thank you.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Following for updates
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Update- if the character joins a guild (despite not being able to view guildlist), there is a system error when trying to type into guild chat that says, "<SYSTEM> : You are either not logged into the messenger, or the guild is not valid."
    Also good to note the the bugged character will not appear on the guildlist for other non-affected characters
    In light of this error message, it seems the bug is the new characters aren't being added to the list of characters that the friendslist pulls from. This not only prevents them from adding friends, but would also explain why they do not show up on others lists as well.
  • HiyuHiyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Any updates on this bug? I have the same problems also and can't add or receive friend requests.. t.t
  • catharborcatharbor
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Another result of the bug is that one can't block bots. 1) can't add friends, 2) can't join guilds, 3) can't block bots. If Nexon Development could please give us a status on the fix, that would be appreciated.