Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Alexina is basically dead

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If Nexon were to merge now, mechanically it would be identical to the one, as of this writing, nearly two years ago. But a merge now would come with additional policy issues, that were not present then. These have been discussed at length on these forums already but it centers on the additional problems created by the fact that paid name change is in effect on Alexina and Nao and the issues this raises with a merge. The argument against Crimsy's suggestion is that: if not forced, Alexina's active population will keep declining organically anyway, making a final merge inevitable. So, by not forcing it on Nexon early, it gives them time to prepare. How Nexon can prepare has also been discussed, at length, on these forums. On the other hand, in the last two years, Nexon has shown no movement to address this. Maybe their approach is like a middling-grade high-schooler who leaves working on their homework to the night before. If so, then it will be just as painful regardless of when it happens so, as Crimsy suggests, it might as well be earlier since that gives the community more time together before the game, one day, eventually shuts down for good.
    BronzebreakSherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Honestly, I've been on Alexina from the start. From a quiet server, to crazy crowded, to *the* most populous server, to what it is now.

Right now, it's comfortable. That's the best word I have for it. And it hasn't changed significantly for over a year. I don't have trouble finding people to run content or do events.

The one real annoyance I have is botters, and I'm going to presume they are on all servers.
    WolfsingerNasca
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 7, 2021
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    woah julie threads never disappoint, looks like someone in this thread needs to touch grass lol

Unfortunately I got a DT very soon. I'm grouchy and suffering atm. :(
    Policroma wrote: »
    Now, one last thing...

Player shops. You know what killed these? Auction house. Which is probably why the devs were so paranoid of giving it to us for years on end. Probably because they expected threads exactly like this.

I invite you to check out ch1 Dunbarton on Nao and dare tell me that our player shops are dead. Often the primary space is filled and lots of shops extend all the way out to the moongate.

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I invite you to check out ch1 Dunbarton on Nao and dare tell me that our player shops are dead. Often the primary space is filled and lots of shops extend all the way out to the moongate.

Why would I bother?

I'm not claiming Alexina's population is the same as Nao. I never did.

I *am* claiming that there is nothing new under the sun: That if one player/person/customer whatever is perceived to have something shiny, the other person wants it too, whether it makes sense or not. My father in law has a joke about finding something gross in your food at a restaurant: "Careful! Everybody else will want one too!"

Maybe it's the advantage of being in my 40s. I find this stuff, and the resulting whining and flame wars, amusing.

Either way, Channel 1 dunby is busy, but not overcrowded packed. It's certainly not "dead", or "dying". And I think my comparison to EQ/EQ2 gives me a fair perception on what to consider dead or dying. Those games are mainly held up by old players who have dozens of alts, often paid, who just like making new characters over and over for the sake of being creative.
    Momma_SophieWolfsingerBronzebreakSherri
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    woah julie threads never disappoint, looks like someone in this thread needs to touch grass lol

dw you're not the thesaurus abuser that sounds like ben shapiro lol, your grass touching can wait fam
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I blame Tarlach.
    CrimsọnWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

dw you're not the thesaurus abuser that sounds like ben shapiro lol, your grass touching can wait fam

Pew pew pew! XD
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited May 8, 2021
    To Crimson:
    Helsa wrote: »
    I think Crimsys idea is that if the folks on Alexina, for now, play on Nao, that it would, in the short term lower activity on Alexina to the same critical situation that compelled Nexon to create Nao. With Alexina merged in then those Alexina folks could go then back to their main characters as the ex Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari folks did from Alexina back to Nao. It's basically a proactive collectivist bottom-up approach to forcing Nexon's hand.

This, thank you.

I don't have time or patience for nonsensical filibuster Sophie. It's exactly as Julie stated. I am not running away, I just choose not to engage you since it's pointless. I could humor you and tell you all the reasons why I think you are full of bs on each of your points but I rather not waste time and be more proactive.

Sorry.

You see, this is why you're the one ironically full of crap, Crimson. You don't have time to have a conversation about the game, but crap-posting emotes and stirring up drama is way more productive? Okay. I don't like getting personal, but you keep taking our interactions in this direction, so here we go.

Out of both of us, I'm the only one willing to have an actual conversation and work things out. You are running away and you're trying to frame it as if you're "taking a moral high road" while taking parting shots when all someone is doing is asking you to provide evidence for the claims you make. If you don't want to talk to me, that's fine. But, that's not on me. That's on you, Crimson. And you still haven't backed yourself up.

You can throw all these politically-driven buzzwords around all you want, but the person unwilling to step into the intellectual boxing ring (after throwing the first punch of ideas) is always going to be by default declared the loser.

To KelpSoda:

Sorry that being intelligent offends you.

I don't need a dictionary to have an extensive vocabulary. Reading a book -- especially a book on economics -- helped me out just fine and keeps me from spouting nonsense made up after only just reading a couple threads on Reddit and thinking that's enough to form an opinion on game direction. I'll take the comparison to successful, Ivy-League graduate, prominent business owner and talk show host, family-oriented, principle-grounded Ben Shapiro as a compliment. (How is it even an insult?)

The funny part is that I don't even watch his shows.

To Helsa:
    If Nexon were to merge now, mechanically it would be identical to the one, as of this writing, nearly two years ago. But a merge now would come with additional policy issues, that were not present then. These have been discussed at length on these forums already but it centers on the additional problems created by the fact that paid name change is in effect on Alexina and Nao and the issues this raises with a merge. The argument against Crimsy's suggestion is that: if not forced, Alexina's active population will keep declining organically anyway, making a final merge inevitable. So, by not forcing it on Nexon early, it gives them time to prepare. How Nexon can prepare has also been discussed, at length, on these forums. On the other hand, in the last two years, Nexon has shown no movement to address this. Maybe their approach is like a middling-grade high-schooler who leaves working on their homework to the night before. If so, then it will be just as painful regardless of when it happens so, as Crimsy suggests, it might as well be earlier since that gives the community more time together before the game, one day, eventually shuts down for good.

There's still no reason to keep presenting this dogmatic viewpoint that a merge is inevitable. Despite the low-brow, brain-dead efforts to turn this thread into a mudslinging contest, my point still stands. There's another solution to your problem that doesn't have to end with the destruction of the entire game and Nexon KR is currently implementing it. There's no reason why your server needs to die off or why our servers should be merged when we have a solution that would increase your server activity. You're not considering all options on the table; you guys are obsessing over your own preferred solution that has been illustrated to fail once before in the past in Mabi and also in many other games.

You all seem to believe that if everyone just drank the kool-aid instead of just 3 servers this time, then we would all ascend to heaven and Mabinogi would become the Utopia of our dreams. No. The merge will not change nor solve your problem.
    GretaWolfsingerNasca
    edited May 8, 2021
    [deleted]
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 8, 2021

There's still no reason to keep presenting this dogmatic viewpoint that a merge is inevitable. Despite the low-brow, brain-dead efforts to turn this thread into a mudslinging contest, my point still stands.

Since this response is specifically directed to towards me, then I have to assume the personal attacks here are directed towards me as well. You strike me as far too intelligent a person to have done this by mistake. In which case: Personal Foul, Unnecessary Roughness, minus 5 yards. Are we done with civil discussion now, because I'm not particularly keen to go there.
    There's another solution to your problem that doesn't have to end with the destruction of the entire game and Nexon KR is currently implementing it. There's no reason why your server needs to die off or why our servers should be merged when we have a solution that would increase your server activity. You're not considering all options on the table; you guys are obsessing over your own preferred solution that has been illustrated to fail once before in the past in Mabi and also in many other games.

That Nao was created shows that merging is on the table as far as Nexon is concerned. When the conditions that compelled Nexon to create Nao are met on Alexina they will do the same again. Alexina is proceeeding towards those conditions. The merge is inevitable.
    You all seem to believe that if everyone just drank the kool-aid instead of just 3 servers this time, then we would all ascend to heaven and Mabinogi would become the Utopia of our dreams. No. The merge will not change nor solve your problem.

Another personal foul; that's another five yards.

CrimsọnBronzebreak
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    You strike me as far too intelligent a person to have done this by mistake.

thats right my frendo :^)
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 8, 2021
    wE nEeD aLeXiNa SeRvEr MeRgE!

Ah yes, instead of going off to promote this game in other platforms once in a while, it's better to go and spam the hell out of these forums (which it runs on life support by now at this point) at least every 30 days. Great job indeed, a gold medal for consistency. Too bad not for annoyance and forum rule bypass, right?
    So glad I barely hang out here anymore.
    Helsa
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Greta wrote: »

Ah yes, instead of going off to promote this game in other platforms once in a while, it's better to go and spam the hell out of these forums (which it runs on life support by now at this point) at least every 30 days. Great job indeed, a gold medal for consistency. Too bad not for annoyance and forum rule bypass, right?

yeah its not like julie posts in these forums like twice a year, smh julie stop spamming :^)
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 8, 2021
    Policroma wrote: »

Why would I bother?

I'm not claiming Alexina's population is the same as Nao. I never did.

I *am* claiming that there is nothing new under the sun: That if one player/person/customer whatever is perceived to have something shiny, the other person wants it too, whether it makes sense or not. My father in law has a joke about finding something gross in your food at a restaurant: "Careful! Everybody else will want one too!"

Maybe it's the advantage of being in my 40s. I find this stuff, and the resulting whining and flame wars, amusing.

Either way, Channel 1 dunby is busy, but not overcrowded packed. It's certainly not "dead", or "dying". And I think my comparison to EQ/EQ2 gives me a fair perception on what to consider dead or dying. Those games are mainly held up by old players who have dozens of alts, often paid, who just like making new characters over and over for the sake of being creative.
    Your age doesn't mean anything

Maybe the time you spent in here (which may have been a lot) has skewed your perception of time, i make like a few posts in the single digits a year here maybe even less than 5. I wasnt aware that was spam
  • GretaGreta
    Julie wrote: »

Maybe the time you spent in here (which may have been a lot) has skewed your perception of time, i make like a few posts in the single digits a year here maybe even less than 5. I wasnt aware that was spam

Oh i'm not talking about you for sure. I don't even remember the last time i saw you post before this. I can 100% assure you that this comment wasn't for you. If you at least checked forums once in a month you could figure it out, or just do a research on all of us who commented here on this thread and realize who did the deed.
    Helsa
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda

Oh i'm not talking about you for sure. I don't even remember the last time i saw you post before this. I can 100% assure you that this comment wasn't for you. If you at least checked forums once in a month you could figure it out, or just do a research on all of us who commented here on this thread and realize who did the deed.

are you surprised that the comment gets interpreted as a response to OP if you do not specify that it isnt meant for julie?
    derp
    edited May 8, 2021
    To Helsa:

What? No, Helsa. I wasn't talking about you at all. You're not a brain-dead, mudslinging type of person. The people I believe have done this were addressed above you in that last response.

I have a very favorable impression of you and it has only gone up since our conversation about inflation. You're probably the only person I've had the pleasure of disagreeing with in these forums, aside from Kensa. You've both handled it very well each time and it's been great talking to you. Don't ruin it and throw all of our previously great conversations away over one misunderstanding. This is exactly what they want. :joy:

But, I did mean what I said about the dogmatism. It wasn't to insult you; it was to make a point that we're on a train headed for destruction and there is a strong cult-like mentality surrounding this idea of merging servers. I'm telling you this, ironically, because I think you're also bright enough to be able to break free of it. That's why I'm even talking to you. :joy:

To: KelpSoda:
    You strike me as far too intelligent a person to have done this by mistake.

thats right my frendo :^)

Stop feeding the flames. You're doing this on purpose to derail a thread and draw attention to yourself, as usual. You know I wasn't aiming that at Helsa nor intending to be disrespectful, but I know your groups thrive off of division. I want unity and I want discussion; there is no reason for you to be here doing this, unless you indeed don't want discussion to prevail.

@The rest of my antagonists:
    People are creating offenses and intentionally misinterpreting things I say just so they don't have to actually argue what I say. This kind of proves that a lot of you -- aside from Helsa -- have just been lurking the dark, waiting for a slip-up on my end to latch on to so you can justify not having to address anything else I've ever said and divide the thread along tribal lines. Stop it; grow up. If you can't hold a civil conversation without throwing petty slaps or reputation attacks at people you disagree with, then you don't need to be involved. Take your overemotional neuroticism elsewhere, please. We're trying to solve a problem; you're not helping.

Everyone, please don't let them divide us like this. I want to work with Alexina players and come up with solutions, but we have to be willing to self-reflect and realize what's been tried and what has failed. I want to help you all bring Alexina to life, but I can't do that if you insist on fighting me and imposing your ideas on people. I don't want to fight. I want to protect what I care about and I care a lot about Mabi. The server merge would destroy what I care about and I want to explore other solutions that don't involve repeating history until nothing is left to save.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 8, 2021

are you surprised that the comment gets interpreted as a response to OP if you do not specify that it isnt meant for julie?
    derp

Your precious mule Julie is the last person i could think about when thinking about these forums because obviously we barely see them post. I was implying it to anyone who is a big desperado for Alexina Merge. You forgot these forums is for everyone, not just some Julie, ok? Now stop trolling and adding nothing to this thread just childish commentary which you started since page 1 lmao.

P.S: Where the Mods go? I think this thread needs a good old lock.
    WolfsingerHelsa
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030

derp

Your precious mule Julie is the last person i could think about when thinking about these forums because obviously we barely see them post. I was implying it to anyone who is a big desperado for Alexina Merge. You forgot these forums is for everyone, not just some Julie, ok? Now stop trolling and adding nothing to this thread just childish commentary which you started since page 1 lmao.

why are you calling me a mule? I also dont appreciate when a few ppl just come in here to drop some doodoo and then tell the mods to lock it.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda

rZnzz1p.png
    idk im not crazy enough to talk to myself
This discussion has been closed.