Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A New Stream On April 12th About Future Update

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
Posts: 2,795
Member
edited April 11, 2017 in General Chat
mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J4E

It will apparently show off
"a new Potential system, an expansion to the Homesteads and more".

Any ideas? Maybe it is the update where we can have multiple Grandmaster title stats effects at once.
Iyasenu wrote: »
Large Picture, but this was posted over on nation a while back.
855c63b1ea.jpg


Outlines some of the potential system rewards, and the possible random effects of the upcoming Palala skill.

Former Post Below, Contains the same things in a little worst translation
badnewsbarrettQAQbAlof

Comments

  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Ooooh! Expansions to homesteads? Great! Finally I can make my homestead the size of Japan.
    Also, April 12th's my birthday. Please. I've been waiting 365 days for a chance to have a group of people say Happy Birthday to me the day of my birthday without me reminding them. Be that special person and say happy birthday to me two days after today. Please? I don't need a gift. I don't need money. I just want a Happy Birthday with a cute little gif. All I want for my 18th birthday from you guys on the forums. Some of the people on this forum like @Greta and @Arjune and @Gaea really make my day when I read some of your posts, along with other people I didn't list right now.

    That's enough going off topic but I just wanted to ask that special request for those who bothered to open this spoiler. I just really wanted to say that. Q^Q
    6.gif

    And MULTIPLE Grandmaster title stats effects at once? ... Looks like it's time to Grandmaster Mage...
    HumiliatingFroglordGretaYokotiCrimsọnBlissfulkillHazurah
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    Does anyone know what the Homestead expansions will possibly be? Like are we just going to be able to make them bigger, or will there be other things added as well?

    Either way I'm excited lol.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Posts: 288
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Ooooh! Expansions to homesteads? Great! Finally I can make my homestead the size of Japan.
    Also, April 12th's my birthday. Please. I've been waiting 365 days for a chance to have a group of people say Happy Birthday to me the day of my birthday without me reminding them. Be that special person and say happy birthday to me two days after today. Please? I don't need a gift. I don't need money. I just want a Happy Birthday with a cute little gif. All I want for my 18th birthday from you guys on the forums. Some of the people on this forum like @Greta and @Arjune and @Gaea really make my day when I read some of your posts, along with other people I didn't list right now.

    That's enough going off topic but I just wanted to ask that special request for those who bothered to open this spoiler. I just really wanted to say that. Q^Q
    6.gif

    And MULTIPLE Grandmaster title stats effects at once? ... Looks like it's time to Grandmaster Mage...

    I'll just assume I'm among the people you neglected to list.

    Feel free to confirm, though. =T
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    Let us hope that they do not muck up and be unable to showcase the updates. Like... what if none of them have sufficient homestead level to even showcase the homestead update? Or what if they don't even have the Talent levels to even have multiple Grandmaster titles. I may be pessimistic but they weren't high enough level (100) to show off the chocoletier event properly and they shrugged it off as a glitch or something.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Let us hope that they do not muck up and be unable to showcase the updates. Like... what if none of them have sufficient homestead level to even showcase the homestead update? Or what if they don't even have the Talent levels to even have multiple Grandmaster titles. I may be pessimistic but they weren't high enough level (100) to show off the chocoletier event properly and they shrugged it off as a glitch or something.

    Yes, I hope they are prepared this time. Despite Saygo's newness, preparing is a skill one should have learned in primary, and definitely out of college.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 289
    Member
    I don't think the Potential update is the multiple GM talents one. I forgot exactly what the details were but it had something to do with getting 'potential' levels in addition to our regular levels.

    There was a really beautiful armour that you can get for having enough 'potential' levels.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I don't think the Potential update is the multiple GM talents one. I forgot exactly what the details were but it had something to do with getting 'potential' levels in addition to our regular levels.

    There was a really beautiful armour that you can get for having enough 'potential' levels.

    The 30k Level Northern One?

    I also believe potentials are earned every 10 levels, and can be redeemed for prizes, such as permanent stats boosts.

    tumblr_oe2zfuKLef1s60yqpo1_540.png
    tumblr_oe2zfuKLef1s60yqpo2_540.png
    tumblr_oe2zfuKLef1s60yqpo3_1280.png
    tumblr_oe2zfuKLef1s60yqpo4_540.png

    Source: [url="http://mastergiegue.tumblr.com/post/150931787671/theres-been-news-of-an-update-over-at-mabinogi-kr?
    Kokoro
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    The benefits for leveling just keeps going. I sense many people power grinding to the 1k levels for these.
    SylviaWolfe
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Posts: 142
    Member
    an expansion to the Homesteads

    Ok, now I'm excited
    XiokunHumiliatingKryoSylviaWolfeHazurah
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 289
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    The benefits for leveling just keeps going. I sense many people power grinding to the 1k levels for these.

    I think it's more to try and get veterans who are level 20,000 already to keep playing and start levelling up again. AP isn't really an incentive to level any more cause I assume they have all the skills they want ranked.
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Posts: 45
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Let us hope that they do not muck up and be unable to showcase the updates. Like... what if none of them have sufficient homestead level to even showcase the homestead update? Or what if they don't even have the Talent levels to even have multiple Grandmaster titles. I may be pessimistic but they weren't high enough level (100) to show off the chocoletier event properly and they shrugged it off as a glitch or something.
    This is totally going to happen.

    Either way, I'm really curious about that homestead update as well. I don't recall KR getting anything aside from more decorations to store away, so it might be a global release.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
    Posts: 2,519
    Member
    Global release would be amazing! I for one loved the Little Ghost Global Event.

    Also, I had no idea there was a cumulative level requirement for those Chocolate Fondue Sticks. Hopefully, they can make a couple of test characters and alter their stats temporarily like how Tin alters our skill ranks in those Basic Training Missions.
    SylviaWolfe
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Hopefully, they can make a couple of test characters and alter their stats temporarily like how Tin alters our skill ranks in those Basic Training Missions.
    Tin doesn't actually alter our stats. He sends us to a cleverly disguised RP dungeon where we RP as ourselves with a certain set of stats. But yes, they should be able to have some kind of administrative character editing thing.
    GretaTheNyanCat
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Posts: 53
    Member
    @Xiokun A most gracious and early birthday to thee. I wish you the best day then, after, and forever more.

    From your fellow loving giant,

    Humiliating.
    I can't wait to actually have a homestead to feel cozy in. B)
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Posts: 104
    Member
    If it's true that you can use those Potential points to increase stats then, ooooooh boy. I'ma gonna dump so much into STR. (o'w')b

    The stronk giant must become stronker!

    r2nBSsT.png
    HumiliatingXiokunGretaHiroki05TentacleTeasesNilremHazurah
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Posts: 564
    Member
    *ears perk up at homesteads*

    Wait... I don't remember this. Does anyone remember this from any Korean update?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    any kind of homestead update we get is greatly needed. hoping it will be a little more then a expansion and a few decorations. but either way it is good to know they are looking into how to improve our homesteads lately.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    Both sound good. Hope they are ready this time around.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Oh about "30k Armor"

    It's not "really" 30k levels.

    You need 3,000 Potential levels.

    You get 1 Plevel at current level 10.
    Then another 2 at current level 20 (for a total of 3 by level 20)
    3 and 30, 4 and 40, etc etc.

    So the higher current level you get to each rb, the less total levels you'll have to get to reach 3,000 P. Levels.

    Getting level 100 each rb is 55 P. Levels.
    Getting level 200 each rb (pfft) would be 210 P. Levels.

    So it's only "3,000 P. Levels takes 30,000 real levels" if you get to Level 10 each rebirth.
    In the most extreme case, it'd take at least 14 rebirths (and some-odd levels) to reach Potential Level 3,000.
    Alof
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh about "30k Armor"

    It's not "really" 30k levels.

    You need 3,000 Potential levels.

    You get 1 Plevel at current level 10.
    Then another 2 at current level 20 (for a total of 3 by level 20)
    3 and 30, 4 and 40, etc etc.

    So the higher current level you get to each rb, the less total levels you'll have to get to reach 3,000 P. Levels.

    Getting level 100 each rb is 55 P. Levels.
    Getting level 200 each rb (pfft) would be 210 P. Levels.

    So it's only "3,000 P. Levels takes 30,000 real levels" if you get to Level 10 each rebirth.
    In the most extreme case, it'd take at least 14 rebirths (and some-odd levels) to reach Potential Level 3,000.


    Thanks for the clear up. So this has nothing to do with total levels?