Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Would You Want Fix In Mabi

Comments

• FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited May 4, 2017
    • That rafting glitch where we teleport all over the place while using magic. It started after implementing WASD controls.
    • That glitch where you get stuck while using fighter.
    • That other glitch where you get ready to do shooting rush but your GOSH DARN CHARACTER ENDS UP SUDDENLY FACING THE GOSH DARN WRONG WAY AND MESSES EVERYTHING UP ALL THE GOSH DARN TIME.
    • Displacement lag from the skill above. As well as any other skills this happens to.
    • "Your arms are too short to reach from here" while being right next to the thing.
    • (I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen BUT) That thing where, when finding a statue/box/etc through exploration, it immediately disappears.
    • (Not sure if this one is just me, or if they already fixed it but) When you try to record stuff using Mabi's built-in recorder thing, it randomly crashes at the end of a recording. I don't really use it anymore, but I would crash all the time in the past and remember checking again a year later, only to find it was still crashing me.
    • Commerce glitch where you sometimes can't get back on your mount, so you're stuck having to call a friend over to tell you where your mount is ACTUALLY located, and then you gotta get right to that spot and press "R". HATE doing that.
    • Bandits suddenly disappearing when you get close to them while Outlaw Hunting, so you keep chasing these "ghosts" and it ends up the entire channel is void of outlaws and you wasted your time.
    • Either removing the "lost elves" exploration quest or make it so you can still turn them in somehow, since ever since Castanea was moved indoors, the elf can't follow you in there. I dunno, it's a small bug that just makes the game feel shoddy and incomplete.
    • Make it so that G19 doesn't automatically start while you're still doing newbie quests/G1. Having made a new character, I noticed G19 text already starts happening when talking to Duncan for any other stuff. I imagine it would seem kind of confusing to a new player if they talked to Duncan to turn in a newbie quest and he starts talking about how the Milletian has been through so much, how upset the Milletian is about past events, etc. It makes no sense. Again, small thing that makes the game seem a little shoddy.
    • General lag fixes, better performace, yadda yadda you know what I mean.

That's all I can really think of right now. Just listed things that are actually broken, as in, it's not supposed to happen.
    GretaDaktaroSiodhanNilremTwelie
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    I was going to say fix personal shop licenses not being able to be reused, but I was able to reuse mine after maint (after having sold something)
    Was that a recent change? or have I just not used personal shops in so long that I completely missed that? >_>;

Fix Synthesis. It's so tedious to have to train it by separating everything one by one.
    Daktaro
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I imagine the devs are probably fed up with these demands for a fix and are going to "fix" the game by removing all skill. Then boil everything down to two skills: "hit hard" and "cover self". "Hit hard" will deal 101% damage at rank 1 and 116% at rank 1. "Cover self" will not block any attacks but will immobilize you on the spot and decrease damage by 1 point at rank F and 1.15 points at rank 1.

If they're fed up with demands for fixing maybe they should stop coming up with broken ideas. >_>
    *OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*
    I'm kidding. :P But I wish the developers gave us a chance to tell them our ideas so the suggestions thread will be a suggestion thread and not a collection of pipe dreams. :(
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Do people still spam pets?

I feel that having a pet out and using Divine Link is much more fun and effective.

Hm?

MyutoDaktaroBlissfulkill
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Too many things. I'd write a book in the forums if I were to list them all. But people have definitely addressed the issues I have before.
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    There is one thing that I always found very lacking. Iria is huge, yet empty, it would be fantastic to be able explore and (as pointed out earlier) discover new things and places that are not pointed to by any quests. Imagine what commerce would be like, nawwww most of you are in such a huge rush to finish stuff would most likely cause nothing but complaints, but if the reward was right..... just saying.
    Daktaro
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Fweep wrote: »
    • Either removing the "lost elves" exploration quest or make it so you can still turn them in somehow, since ever since Castanea was moved indoors, the elf can't follow you in there. I dunno, it's a small bug that just makes the game feel shoddy and incomplete.
    I actually still had this quest on my alt account on my elf character. As it turns out, you have to give the elf over to Atrata, not Castanea anymore, since she moved indoors and the lost elf won't follow you indoors. Someone should update that info on the wiki for those who still have the quest... >>
  • FweepFweep
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    I actually still had this quest on my alt account on my elf character. As it turns out, you have to give the elf over to Atrata, not Castanea anymore, since she moved indoors and the lost elf won't follow you indoors. Someone should update that info on the wiki for those who still have the quest... >>

Well, look at that. I had no idea, I'm sure they fixed that a long time ago and I just never knew.

6e0789a6a7.jpg
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    • (I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen BUT) That thing where, when finding a statue/box/etc through exploration, it immediately disappears.
    what i think may happen here is the exploration treasures move around in all the different spawn locations on a timer. so for example if you took a snapshot of 1 point in time, there would not be a treasure at every single spawn location. so when you find it and it disappears it's timer has just ran out and it's moving to a new location. idk if this is actually true though anyone correct me if i'm wrong T v T

pretty sure this is what happens with those stones for the music knowledge quest with all the bottles and you have to play the correct note etc, regardless.
    Fweep
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited May 4, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Do people still spam pets?

I feel that having a pet out and using Divine Link is much more fun and effective.

Hm?

• FweepFweep
    Daktaro wrote: »
    what i think may happen here is the exploration treasures move around in all the different spawn locations on a timer. so for example if you took a snapshot of 1 point in time, there would not be a treasure at every single spawn location. so when you find it and it disappears it's timer has just ran out and it's moving to a new location. idk if this is actually true though anyone correct me if i'm wrong T v T

pretty sure this is what happens with those stones for the music knowledge quest with all the bottles and you have to play the correct note etc, regardless.

If that's the case, I really wish they would change it. And just make more use for Iria in general.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Daktaro

.....jesus LOL
    Daktaro
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Remove all reforges. I give no damns about the pay-to-win people. Nobody god damn say "reforges ain't broken, git gud" cuz having overpowered paid buffs are not a solution to "git good".

+1 to you sir all us players that worked hard threw the years then newbies come get 1k then buy reforges just get over powered cuz they asked mom or dad or there rich its not fair reforges are broken 1. need to be fixed 2. need to be removed
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    Liyeta wrote: »
    - bring back direct launcher
    - remove armor mastery
    - remove defense bonus from strength
    - change moon gate back to 12 hour
    - graphic update
    - change the number of server from 4 to 1

im ok with all that but the moongates cuz ceo XD
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited May 5, 2017
    Honestly, what would I want fixed?
    Their attitude towards their own game.

Remake this on a new engine, preferably one as beautiful and stylish as peria's, so that they can no longer use the excuse of being unable to understand the old code. If you're convinced it's easier to create something new than to fix the old, then how about you do it that way?
    After that, either skillfully merge us down to a single server (by skillfully I mean without issues, including workarounds that lets us keep our stuff and names so nobody can complain). If not one server, then two, but with SUPER GOOD advertising. This game needs new life and better functionality. Badly. Very, very, very, very, very, very badly.

There are tons of issues that have already been mentioned before, but if one were to convert the code from scratch, it'd be way easier to make them in a way it's not broken in the first place. At the very least, there's a -chance- things could turn out for the better after it's done. It all depends on how much they care to actually fix anything, which so far has been evidently not the case, looking at this thread.

EDIT: What I'm saying is, I hate it that we're on the backburner with mabi, as well as mabi US+EU in particular. We're just that random sinking treasure ship to be occasionally looted for self-benefit <_<
    DaktaroAlmostNotsuperTwelie
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Reforges.

They need to add a consistent way to obtain them in game, in maple they use cubes and they have inferior cash chop versions drop from normal bosses. Mabi should either have reforge fragments drop in shadow missions or just include them in the seal shop for a reasonable price. The power gap between heavy spenders and casuals need to close even just a little, reforges are incredibly expensive now and takes easily millions just to rank up an item to rank 1 or even rank 2 sometimes. And then there is that one guy who goes from r3 1l to r1 3l with two tools...
    AlmostNotsuper
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Honestly, what would I want fixed?
    Their attitude towards their own game.
    PTbHEv9.gif
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Remake this on a new engine, preferably one as beautiful and stylish as peria's, so that they can no longer use the excuse of being unable to understand the old code. If you're convinced it's easier to create something new than to fix the old, then how about you do it that way?
    After that, either skillfully merge us down to a single server (by skillfully I mean without issues, including workarounds that lets us keep our stuff and names so nobody can complain). If not one server, then two, but with SUPER GOOD advertising. This game needs new life and better functionality. Badly. Very, very, very, very, very, very badly.

There are tons of issues that have already been mentioned before, but if one were to convert the code from scratch, it'd be way easier to make them in a way it's not broken in the first place. At the very least, there's a -chance- things could turn out for the better after it's done. It all depends on how much they care to actually fix anything, which so far has been evidently not the case, looking at this thread.

EDIT: What I'm saying is, I hate it that we're on the backburner with mabi, as well as mabi US+EU in particular. We're just that random sinking treasure ship to be occasionally looted for self-benefit <_<
    ^ this. the edit part. and about a remake yeah they probably would not ever do that because the time, effort and money involved and mabi not important enough. use mabi to make bit of extra moneys not gonna drop lot of money on it in return.
    sad because if they were able to update or improve mabi to address the weak points the game has potential to be SO GOOD. people would actually spread it around and tell their friends and they would actually play it and stay. it could get so popular.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 5, 2017
    I would get rid of the lag, and make things Client Side rather than Server side.

As someone who once played on another MMO many years ago(talking 17 or so) that 90% of the stuff was client sided I will say that is a terrible idea. I figured out how to modify NPC's in the game as all it had to do was run on my client, and my client broadcasted to the others, and the server what it was doing, and they accepted(and the server would even change it).
    Eventually me, and my friends on it figured out how to import NPC's we scripted ourselves from scratch, and unleashed a pile of pain to the point we had more power in game then their staff(all the staff could do was warp players breaking rules to an in game jail)
    It was the same in the original Diablo I created an item that would corrupt peoples characters (to be fair I only did that to people that were stealing items ;) ) as that was mostly client side based.
    GretaFelice
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Another thing, I'd overhaul the Elf and Giant versions of G2 so that they make more sense and feel less shoehorned in (ex: instead of Aer giving them the "Mythril Armor with the Spirit's Blessing" item, they'd receive an item thematically tailored to their respective transformations). Also, maybe bring back a rebalanced version of the old Falcon/Beast plotline quests (probably as a post-G3 questline, parallel to the Dark Knight quest for humans).
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 5, 2017
    While they're not really a fix but rather... more of an improvement to Mabinogi to make playing more pleasant...

1. Buff elves in some ways, we kept getting the short end of stick for last several generations and it's pretty tiring.

2. Make all heavy armors you can purchase from NPCs be wearable by elves (humans and elves share the same body model plus elves can get Heavy Armor Mastery and they get the biggest penalty with Dex so why not? I've always wanted to wear the Spika Armor..)

3. Give elves the dark skintones finally and make it so all the skintones, eyes, and hair colors are shared across between 3 races (which mean elves can get dark hair/eye color options that humans and giants have while they get our light hair/eye color options finally!)

4. Make seal stones in Uladh continent a weekly reset thingy so everyone can get a chance to break them for titles and journal achievement once a week. No more people trying to break it so it's there permanently just for the attention.

5. Merge all 4 servers into one mega server with a name change coupon for both character and pet/partner.

6. Tweak the drop rate for certain things in NA Mabinogi to fit with the population... KR's population is very huge so they have low % drop rate for things from content is understandable but it is not appropriate for us because our population is too small and some items like Breastplate Armor, Succubus Queen Outfit/Wings, Soluna Blade manual/materials, Broken Guardian materials, etc... are almost non-existent.

7. Revamp Fighter skillset a bit because no one really use them except for duel now and they're pretty useless in most of the situations.

8. Give giants the ability to use archery skills while giving elves the ability to use lance skills thus elves also can learn Berserk and giants also can learn Spider Shot.

9. Move all the archery-related skills into their new tab between Close Combat and Magic named "Ranged Combat" or "Archery" and make all the ranged-related skills colored brown as their skill background color.

10. Uncap the stats to 2k.

11. Give Life skills some sort of revamp... I'm not sure what but yeah..

...That is all I can think for now that would make Mabinogi bit more interesting again at least for a while.
    Sherri