Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confirmed ; G21 this winter (kr)

EllisyaEllisya
Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
edited July 8, 2017 in General Chat
According to Mabinogi Showcase (live) interview.

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2017/0629_showcase/showcase.asp

(Ended showcase live)

Summary

- G21 This WInter
- Squire mission (actual battle with your squire)
- Chain weapon talent (dex+luck)... ugh.. rip puppet's utility and giants (though they get boost from Ladeca skill)
- (New Ace Hero who uses that chain weapon + her episode)
- They are working on location lag by changing logic??? w/e
- Bunch of events for KR only
- Mabinogi Mobile (KR only probably)

Please save NA server....
AellVictrixPeloiSherri

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 8, 2017
    Oh lookie, chain whip. Bleh. WHAT ABOUT SCYTHES??? Gd...

Luck based talent. HA! Very fitting.

Can we please get some subtitles? :(
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    This stream only depressed me because of how much better their experience is.
    BlissfulkillCrimsọnpawcalypseImaizumiTheNyanCatFaithrendTairikuKimberlyILotusSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 8, 2017
    Luck as a battle statistic? Seriously? How much Luck are we getting? Is the stat system around luck overhauled or anything?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 8, 2017
    Sebastian wrote: »
    This stream only depressed me because of how much better their experience is.

This has always been the bane of Mabinogi NA.

giphy.gif

OP if you can understand it, upload that video with some subtitles. Because we know how much KR cares about us.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I Just want more skills to pour these 6k+ ap into. And more luck means more huge luckies. I'm fine with this update.
    Gawayno
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rhey wrote: »
    I Just want more skills to pour these 6k+ ap into. And more luck means more huge luckies. I'm fine with this update.

I wonder if capping luck will be possible with this new talent?
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Finally... a dual-stat based skillset that elves finally are the best race in using! I was really hoping for it to be dex+int based but I'm actually happy with it being dex+luck. :D

The style and how they attack are really interesting too!
    SylviaWolfejustshowingSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 9, 2017
    I didn't click the announcement page or watch the video or anything, but what do you mean KR only events? Like NA/the other servers won't be getting them? Is that said specifically or...?

I haven't even beat G20 yet so xD But I beat the gen before that in a few days time before G20 comes out so who knows, maybe I'll do that again. I haven't even touched my squires in... Forever... Rip.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Race change when xd
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I didn't click the announcement page or watch the video or anything, but what do you mean KR only events? Like NA/the other servers won't be getting them? Is that said specifically or...?

I haven't even beat G20 yet so xD But I beat the gen before that in a few days time before G20 comes out so who knows, maybe I'll do that again. I haven't even touched my squires in... Forever... Rip.

sounds like possibly things that take place literally in Korea... like conventions, etc... similar to the AX meetup we had for NA Mabi recently. well that's just a guess
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Time to be real...

The skill set needs to be Will + dex. It makes 100% absolute no sense what so ever to make luck a combat based stat.

I would even push for Str + will + dex / 8 = damage. That would make the most sense. Luck as a combat stat makes ZERO... completely and utterly zero sense.

Sigh, just why?

As far as it being a skill-set based towards elves, that is also false. Since luck is the same for all classes, and elf barely gets more dex than human, to where it may be a couple more damage, it makes this skill set still better on a human in the long run, than an elf. Sorry.

Oh also, RIP all giants like me, unless they make it give a ton of dex to where giants can get close to capping out, its gonna be a crap time for us.
    SebastianBlissfulkillTairiku
  • Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925

By KR only, it most likely means just KR servers only. Same with mabi mobile app only being available for KR players.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited July 9, 2017
    Snormie wrote: »
    Time to be real...

The skill set needs to be Will + dex. It makes 100% absolute no sense what so ever to make luck a combat based stat.

I would even push for Str + will + dex / 8 = damage. That would make the most sense. Luck as a combat stat makes ZERO... completely and utterly zero sense.

Sigh, just why?

I don't mind it being Dex+Will as well but I actually think Dex+Luck is better for this skillset... also, if you really want to go in that route where Luck doesn't make sense, I could do the same and say that Str+Dex doesn't make sense for Puppetry, Str+Will doesn't make sense for Ninja, and so on. However... if there's one thing I'm grateful for... it's that they're NOT based on Str.
    As far as it being a skill-set based towards elves, that is also false. Since luck is the same for all classes, and elf barely gets more dex than human, to where it may be a couple more damage, it makes this skill set still better on a human in the long run, than an elf. Sorry.

Elves get 25 more dex from the skills, talent boosts, etc... compared to humans so yes, it is pretty minimal in term of damage but I should point it out that elves get higher Dex cap (1850 dex cap while humans are stuck with 1750 dex cap) than humans does when they hit certain amount of total level due to the Eweca skill so the difference of damage will actually be noticeable so they'll deal more damage compared to humans... also... elves move faster which may be useful for the Chainslash skillset too.
    Oh also, RIP all giants like me, unless they make it give a ton of dex to where giants can get close to capping out, its gonna be a crap time for us.

Now you know how we elves really felt when Gunslinger and Ninja skillset were introduced because we miss out on around 200 strength compared to humans/giants. :^)
    FayeKaibaBlankeyeKadalynTaffytaSushiSamuraiImaizumiYokkaichiCarlizeNilremKakuzenand 12 others.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited July 9, 2017
    It really doesn't bother us giants though at all, because the fact is - Its luck based and to me personally, its already dead content. I mean, I can easily get over 1k dex as a giant and deal around the same damage an elf will deal. Its just the fact that its luck, it makes no sense. Also your logic is very off.

All those stats you named that are used for puppets and such, make sense only because they're in fact combat stats... Luck is not at all, a combat stat. And only until recently, they made luck give crit chance... Which was completely not needed at all.

Will power is the lowest of all the combat stats, and then dex. It makes the most sense that it should be Will + dex. That is true logic.
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    DERpAFeVYAA2R8C.jpg

All I care is that G21 is confirmed to be a continuation of the Divine Knights story. Thank you. (/^▽^)/
    ZeoCrimsọnjustshowing
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    All this talk about stats for the talent and I'm just sitting here happy to have an interesting new weapon type.
    I mean, anyone who uses it will just Step 6 it and reforge it to the point where any lack of stats will mean very little.

It also looks extremely powerful in a number of ways, based on the footage.
    Lots of multi hit skills with range, AOE, and often fast strikes.
    Also, was that a teleport/jump skill?
    Because if I saw that right, a giant in the footage used it and swapped back to a normal sword, albeit in the distance.

In fact, a lot of the skills shown were just good. I saw none that stood out as bad or useless.
    I just hope it isn't absurdly overpowered, and balanced properly.

On another note, I can't wait for G21 and potentially getting yet another divine skill that will entirely shift the endgame again.

The only thing I didn't like was the return of the Aces.
    I never wanted to see them again after Saga 2.
    I can only hope they have a new writer and actually do something this time.
    PolicromaXiokunoffwithyourheads
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Ha called it, chainwhips!
    SylviaWolfe
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    *shrug* I'll give it a chance and try it for myself before I pass judgement.
    Kitsuyasha
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Gaea wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

I wonder if capping luck will be possible with this new talent?

Someone had capped luck back on the old forum. I forgot the set up but she/he was getting huge lucky finishes like quite frequently. Great for mats/gold farming.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Based on what i saw this talent looks like its some broken lightning attacking ninja thing.
    I honestly hope that the footage was sped up otherwise this talent is just gonna be ridiculously fast.