Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sword Art Online & Fate Stay Night???

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Well i did see A LOT of people who joined in Mabinogi just because it seemed to them that the game is just like SAO (which is NOT btw). I also saw TON of new players during SAO event who usually named themselves Kirito or Asuna. I would see like 10 different Kirito's and like 3 Asuna's everyday. It was hell lol.
    SherriTheNyanCatKensamaofmariPectyl
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Well i did see A LOT of people who joined in Mabinogi just because it seemed to them that the game is just like SAO (which is NOT btw). I also saw TON of new players during SAO event who usually named themselves Kirito or Asuna. I would see like 10 different Kirito's and like 3 Asuna's everyday. It was hell lol.

I still see some stray SAO fanatics today.

Yuck.
    XiokunGretaPectyl
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Sherri wrote: »

Yuck.

I saw some trying to RP them in the most cringetastic way, I haven't seen any in a while though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Yuck.

Yeah I see Kirit0 once in a while, wearing his kirito outit on the Ruairi server.
    Pectyl
  • SherriSherri
    Gaea wrote: »

Yuck.

Yeah I see Kirit0 once in a while, wearing his kirito outit on the Ruairi server.

Okay that's kind of adorable.. still yuck though.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    Don't join the hate-wagon plz. They're not so bad if you gave them a fair shot. Especially fate. Sad story. Quite an emotional ride..

I'm not hate wagoning. I'd like to think I've invested a fair amount of time into both series. I didn't watch past the first arc of season one for SAO, but I did watch an episode here and there for season two. Main reason I didn't watch though was because I was hyped as heck when SAO first came out and started reading the novels shortly after I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes air. I ended up reading somewhere past Mother's Rosario which is probably the only good arc of SAO.

I basically had no reason to watch the anime when I already knew the outcome of everything. Also doesn't help that the anime comes off way cornier than the novel just due to the medium. That said I still enjoyed the series and liked it some point in the past, but over time I watched more anime and read more manga. I've experienced way better series by now so honestly SAO just doesn't hold up as it used to for me.

I used to love SAO for it's story, action, and world building. Especially since there was a bunch of stuff that was explained only in the novels due to anime time constraints. But looking back on it, it was just empowerment fantasy through Kirito a lot of the time and anything that I used to consider story and world building is just shallow cover for him to look "badass". Which just leaves it with some mediocre to good action. And even good action doesn't really make for a good story on it's own. Transformer movies are exactly known for their deep and compelling story in comparison at least.

Now I haven't read fate/stay night VNs but as far as I'm concerned with the anime, it's issues are similar to SAO's. Everything that happens and the characters are all just devices to see some OP magic and sick explosions. Doesn't mean that the fights aren't fun to watch thanks to Ufotable, but the story is people die when they are killed. Fate/Zero is the only decent one, but the promotional was for Unlimited Budget Works soooo no story here, only "plot".
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I honestly preferred Log Horizon over SAO.... really hoping they make more Log Horizon anime
    GretaNegumikoPectyl
  • SherriSherri
    edited July 31, 2017
    I never got into SAO. I watched the abridged more than the real series. :/
    As for Fate, I never saw it. I might one day but ehh..
    pawcalypsePectyl
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I never got into SAO. I watched the abridged more than the real series. :/
    As for Fate, I never saw it. I might one day but ehh..

Fate has too many seasons too many plots all for the same thing.
    GretaPectyl
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Yuck.

Okay that's kind of adorable.. still yuck though.

I like SAO. I'm looking forward to UWO.

-waits for pitch forks and torches-

:D
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225

From where I got up to until it became too troublesome to find translations it was interesting at least. Characters were kind of bland as always and the usual Kirito OP, but the artificial world and how it worked was quite interesting.
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Jayy124 wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

LOL

LMAO I WAS LAUGHING TOO HARD, LMAO I'M HOWLING.
    Pectyl
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Ellisya wrote: »
    I just got goose bump (in bad way) after watching terrible AD video up there....
    who made these....

I actually cringed, since the game would actually require you to either grind or pay to actually do anything listed in the video...
    DanievictriaPectyl
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited August 2, 2017

Eh, I like it too. Not a die-hard fan. But I like it.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Sai wrote: »

I didn't like SAO. But I won't stop others if they do. No pitch forks nor torches needed. ;)
    GretaPectyl
    Rhey wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »

I didn't like SAO. But I won't stop others if they do. No pitch forks nor torches needed. ;)

No pitchforks and torches? How will we light the hay bonfire?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Arjune wrote: »
    I honestly preferred Log Horizon over SAO.... really hoping they make more Log Horizon anime

I heard the creator is in prison for something so the anime probably won't continue. Log Horizon was much better and was far more detailed so it would be cool to have a anime event for it.
    Pectyl
    Negumiko wrote: »

I heard the creator is in prison for something so the anime probably won't continue. Log Horizon was much better and was far more detailed so it would be cool to have a anime event for it.

Where did you hear that from?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

I forget where I heard it but it turns out he was charged for tax evasion which prevented him from continuing the novels for a while but according to his wikipedia page he has now paid off his taxes so there is a chance the series might continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamare_Touno
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

I forget where I heard it but it turns out he was charged for tax evasion which prevented him from continuing the novels for a while but according to his wikipedia page he has now paid off his taxes so there is a chance the series might continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamare_Touno

Oh wow. Well that explains why anime poofed for such long time.