Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memento

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gaea said:

Is that a solo dungeon? D:
    I thiiiink it was just someone soloing it.
    But I can't be super sure about that.

That journal achievement though.
    "Sadness"
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    That boss fight looks pretty dope regardless. I can't wait to have this on our servers
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Hello Advanced Heavy Stander, My Old Friend...

But to be fair, this boss fight looks interesting on its own rights.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 23, 2016
    The fights in that thing look interesting.

Some of those nightmare humanoid-looking things are very resistant to ranged attacks, just looking at the damage those players did with their guns.
    Then those fish that explode on death, paired with the blob monsters that take almost no damage from attacks that aren't those fish's explosions.

Then the boss that moves very slowly but hits super hard and summons very strong aoes everywhere that'll also slow you if you get hit, and decrease your def/prot by a ton.
    Then the weird tracking attack.

It certainly looks interesting!
    Seems that those fights are the source of the items that enhance those stat-uncap items, and the way to access the method to power up said items.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    are you guys sure this is not a gen?, because looks like one... dat boss btw, this will be fun.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    edited December 23, 2016
    DCdeus said:

are you guys sure this is not a gen?, because looks like one... dat boss btw, this will be fun.

I don't think it's one because it doesn't seem like it'd be something to come after the events of G20.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Zerukan
    Zerukan said:

DCdeus said:

I don't think it's one because it doesn't seem like it'd be something to come after the events of G20.
    this game pretty much has ADHD sooooo....
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 24, 2016
    DCdeus said:

Pretty sure it's just a major side quest. Might be a while before they conjure up g21.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Frankly, when you consider how G20 ended, it seems like the scenario writers put themselves in a corner. They'd have to pull a whopper out of their nether regions to explain away why we shouldn't just leave the Prophets locked up behind the Gate.
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited December 27, 2016
    From the korean videos and posts, it says it's an update.
    This video :
    is a teaser video for a new scenario dungeon in the memento update, so i think its a new style of dungeon rather than a quest line/event.

• JakimoJakimo
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Wow, the new dungeon style looks very pretty. Kind of like avon actually.
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Shaeli
    Shaeli said:

Frankly, when you consider how G20 ended, it seems like the scenario writers put themselves in a corner. They'd have to pull a whopper out of their nether regions to explain away why we shouldn't just leave the Prophets locked up behind the Gate.
    shouldn't the reason be kinda obvious? Talvish mentioned it himself. It's only a temporary solution.

As for these shenanigans, yeah, it's a permanent sidequest, due to the whole fact that it adds the echostones, and a method to upgrade them. So it would make sense it's permanent.

Of course, mabinogi has been anything -but- sensefull so it... totally depends.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Jakimo
    Jakimo said:

Wow, the new dungeon style looks very pretty. Kind of like avon actually.
    That's what I said. :P

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I kinda want the boss' look to be an outfit...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 30, 2016
    I magine the boss could be made into a transformation at the very least.
    SylviaWolfeKtty
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 30, 2016

Seems there's another mission
    "Fear" instead of Sorrow.

The boss fight looks a little different, among other things.
    Having to possess what's-her-name using those crystals for the first half of the boss fight, since you can't attack the boss with your own character normally during that phase.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Bizarre. This is definitely different. I wonder when they will implement this new content.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    They really need to fix bash, and nerf final hit.
    Kageito
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Froglord Fix bash how...and hell no. :|
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited December 30, 2016
    It's become a very stupid broken meta to use those two skills, and ONLY those two skills or spend your life savings hoping to get speed casting for a fire wand. Bash was confirmed to be glitched for normal speed weapons by the developers, and Final hit is just way too strong to use and needs to be nerfed terribly.

Without buffs even I can do at least 380k damage on average with final hit on clobbermeister. That's 380k over 20 seconds. My duration is 61 seconds, so it's triple that in 1v1 situations. Fighter can't do that, archery can't do that either, even spamming firebolt doesn't come close to that. It is one hell of a broken skill.
    KageitoNasumiRayne