Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

who/what introduced you to mabinogi?

Naomii66Naomii66
Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
edited September 24, 2017 in General Chat
I was just curious xDD
For me, I found out through a popular artist that draws mabinogi characters and other cute things in instagram; I was soo into art at the time x)
  1. to be or not to be23 votes
    1. hue
       78% (18 votes)
    2. idk
       22% (5 votes)

Comments

• AyyyitsJasonAyyyitsJason
    Mabinogi Rep: 250
    edited September 24, 2017
    Nao's boobies
    Gaby5011LostLinksLegantLeiliciaSoraiteAngelhappy43
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Started out with two of my best friends. One of them had all of his hard-earned equipment locked behind the bars known as VIP-tab after a short free VIP event. Nexon refused to unlock it even for a second, or take it out for him. Quit. Only stuck around because of my guild. Gotta say, that was a weird way to start playing a game with friends. (The friend who quit more or less introduced us to the idea)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    My best friend in real life did actually, she played for a year or two before I joined. Tbh I always thought the game looked weird for a long time, but after continuously watching her play, I gave in and decided to join lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It was a nexon ad for Audition (which is now defunct), tried out Maplestory - larfed and uninstalled, then jumped onto Mabinogi. Nexon really needs to advertise more. :|
    EastSea
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Nexon Korea's game portal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I played TalesWeaver KR before that.

Good times.
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Sword Art Online Saison 1 episode 02.mp4 ... exactly the day that was aired :'v
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    My brother.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    My brother.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Raishii wrote: »
    My brother.

Dupe post mang.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I've been wanting to play games like these ever since I watched SAO and all other similar animes and mangas/manhwa. I think I discovered Mabi while searching for recommended MMOs to play, didn't remember which website it was.
    EastSea
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I don't understand the poll. Lol.
    Naomii66ShadowtivaniMistyIce
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    RuneScape started getting a little stale since it was the only MMO I played for a few years, so I started looking up other MMOs and I found Mabi.

My friend and I ended up roleplaying .hack//SIGN crap when we started... god the cringe.
    Greta
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited September 25, 2017
    I heard about this new concept of action-combat/active-time battle style gaming but not much were out there yet. Every game then had monsters that stood still or follow you when you hit it, not much life in the combat.
    Mabinogi, I believe, was one of the first to have action-combat which made the player think about dodging and to truly interact with the target. However, Guild Wars 2 overshadowed Mabinogi even though it came before it and had this concept. I remember many players left for that game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    RuneScape started getting a little stale since it was the only MMO I played for a few years, so I started looking up other MMOs and I found Mabi.

My friend and I ended up roleplaying .hack//SIGN crap when we started... god the cringe.

Aww that's so cute. I wish I saw some of that. :P
    [Deleted User]
  • HenryMorrisonHenryMorrison
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    A friend of mine wanted to try this game so I went ahead and downloaded the game. After 2 days of telling her to enter and getting "I forgot to download it" back, I simply went in by myself. That was about 8 years ago.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    A banner ad I saw on some anime related website back in 2008.

Back in my day we had to walk from Sidhe Sneachta to Bangor, in the snow with no shoes. It was a up hill both ways. :p
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Sister needed a meat shield so here I am. Giant tank character to her elf mage. She started because two of her friends were restarting. Neither of them play now...
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    A close friend brought me to the game way back in August of 2013 after we got bored of other games.

...then I spent a small fortune on the game.
    I'm a recovering gachaholic.
    [Deleted User]Shadowtivani
  • EastSeaEastSea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    My beloved sister introduced me to this game. She started on the Korean server, and a few months later she moved to NA. She was in her mid teens when she started the game. This was when the game first came out in NA, so she is very much a veteran player.

She got married in January and then I started playing myself. I very much have enjoyed playing this game. It holds fond memories when I would watch her play as a younger sibling. We're a good 5 years apart so we have a good age gap.