Check out the patch notes for the February 18th update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/65163/patch-notes-february-18th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So...Let's discuss the treasure box event...?

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
Posts: 1,497
Member
in General Chat
It's a fan favorite. I love the non-restrictive nature of it.(pertaining to other alts within an account) But can we add sum fresh new ideas 2 the event? New area layout? Mobs? Completely new Rewards pool? How bout new event mechanics?...Or is this just an event for free reforge giveaway?(The best motivation 2 do it) What else do U guys personally farm from it? I drop everything but the reforge tools myself. Yes even the non_expiring Nao stones.(Balloons are better anywayz)

Feel free 2 toss in ur 2 cents.

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.
    You just answered your own query. Also Credne's. Although I have only gotten Fines and Naos so far. I really want them Crednes and dyes... What other events gives stuff that are normally worth millions every day? If they buff the mobs, it would make harder for us to do the event on our alts and doing it only on your main is not very rewarding.
    TwelieWolfenstinstarkiller1286lingyaoVimi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    edited April 13, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.
    You just answered your own query. Also Credne's. Although I have only gotten Fines and Naos so far. I really want them Crednes and dyes... What other events gives stuff that are normally worth millions every day? If they buff the mobs, it would make harder for us to do the event on our alts and doing it only on your main is not very rewarding.

    I remember when we had Lorraine's Nightmare Event, which used to give some stuff which had some worth... But since that event got moved into Festia i'm pretty sure we will never see such event being alive again. Also the event itself was fun if everyone knew what to do.
    SoraHakuDA
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,495
    Posts: 183
    Member
    i really dont see the need to make ppl wait 2 hours just for a key for a chest you can only get 1-3 (if your lucky) a day. especially when theres mostly just junk in it (waited 2 hours just for a single holy water. joy -_-)

    other then that i guess its a nice.ish evant that gives ppl a reason to log in for abit longer...i guess.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,445
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.

    I got at least 10$ worth in reforges on day one. If that's not great I don't know what is.
    ShouKVimi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.

    I got at least 10$ worth in reforges on day one. If that's not great I don't know what is.

    Then you are pretty lucky or you got crap load of characters.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,765
    Posts: 1,751
    Member
    edited April 13, 2018
    I have 18 characters and got 12 nao stones, 8 fine reforges, 1 credne, and 2 orange dyes on day 1. I gave my friend Tatsugi the orange dyes :P

    couldn't even get my tailoring kit to rank 2 or anything yet.... SO glad I didn't pay real money for those
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Posts: 49
    Member
    Can we at least trade keys between characters? Like I'm just gonna wind up having to leave my game on overnight for my alts just to get keys for these boxes and that's kind of ridiculous. It really shouldn't matter which character I'm afking on at least.
    DaktaroYangKoeteKrissyPootelSphyra21
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,315
    Posts: 7,849
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.

    This was the event that began the Mabi grinding way in my opinion. Spamming for material needs. An income bonus.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,505
    Posts: 668
    Member
    I still have Nao's from the first ever chest event. I won't say no to stocking up a bit though.
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,445
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.

    I got at least 10$ worth in reforges on day one. If that's not great I don't know what is.

    Then you are pretty lucky or you got crap load of characters.

    I have 8 in total, which is what they gave out for free. This is about the only time having more than three characters is really justified in my eyes.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,315
    Posts: 7,849
    Member
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't know why people like this event, aside from a fact that it's only likeable for giving Fine Reforges, pure black/white dyes and Nao stones. Everything else is trash. Mobs are trash. I can solo it with my 50 ttl alt character just by spamming my pets with AOE.

    I got at least 10$ worth in reforges on day one. If that's not great I don't know what is.

    Then you are pretty lucky or you got crap load of characters.

    I have 8 in total, which is what they gave out for free. This is about the only time having more than three characters is really justified in my eyes.

    And for storage.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 61
    Member
    Can anyone even confirm that the regular chests inside give crednes? I've done it on so many alts, gotten 0 from the crednes from them. I think they only come from the hidden chests now...?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,497
    Member
    edited April 13, 2018
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Can anyone even confirm that the regular chests inside give crednes? I've done it on so many alts, gotten 0 from the crednes from them. I think they only come from the hidden chests now...?

    I've never gotten any crednes from either. And I cycle through 20+ alts.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,115
    Posts: 216
    Member
    I've gotten a single credne's. They do drop, but rarely it seems.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    I've gotten a Credne too, so can confirm. Also incomplete commerce reforges.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    edited April 14, 2018
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    I have 8 in total, which is what they gave out for free. This is about the only time having more than three characters is really justified in my eyes.

    I'm doing this event on 8 characters as well. Yesterday i was lucky enough and got four Fine and one Credne reforges. Also got two pure red dyes.

    EDIT: Ok, today i got NINE Fines and one Credne. Still... Got crappy results with them.

    MizukiHayama
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 61
    Member
    All these reforges have been giving absolute trash rolls on everything i've used them on, and ive gotten about nearly 50? Why are reforges so trash? Is this event rigged???? /rant
    GretaHinotama
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    edited April 14, 2018
    Encrovian wrote: »
    All these reforges have been giving absolute trash rolls on everything i've used them on, and ive gotten about nearly 50? Why are reforges so trash? Is this event rigged???? /rant

    I used two Credne's on my r1 item and i'm still stuck on single line and ALSO the reforge was total disaster as well... Stomp Attack Range Level 1 for my Human? Really Nexon? You should make some kind of filter or something on Race-based reforges...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,765
    Posts: 1,751
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Stomp Attack Range Level 1 for my Human? Really Nexon? You should make some kind of filter or something on Race-based reforges...

    I think refined reforge plus does that