Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts On G21? (Content And Story)

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 13, 2018
    I kind of wish the Knights handled the idea of what Merlin was talking about better. I mean, they're seeing stuff that defies the norm all the time. Huge magical island of Avalon, the Milletian, the Prophets and Apostles. Why suddenly are they unable to believe that his claims aren't probable? THE MILLETIAN SUPPOSEDLY COMMUNES WITH THE ELDER THROUGH TIME AND THEY BUY THAT.
    And then to not even lift a finger to help the Milletian after all they've done for them to combat what Talvish allowed to happen, claiming it was Aton Cimeni's design. Altam gets major points for being the only one to step up. Shame on the rest of them. >=T
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Ya'know, was that Merlin RP the first RP we've had where the character had an Ego?

All I know is that it was kinda wonky-looking
    And why was his Ego named after our character?

I'm going to chalk that up to dev laziness.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Leinei wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    When Talvish "ascends", he actually is at the very least on par with a 3rd tier god, or in the same rank as Morrighan. But before that he was able to repeal Cichol who is also a 3rd tier god so yeah, Altam went up against someone who could stand against a physical god. Yes, they explicitly stated that the Elder's body infused with unholy light would be stronger than Morrighan, and ascended Talvish is basically that.
    Third tier? What makes up the other two? I know Aton Cimeni would probably be Top tier, but who would be second?

Also, lol this thread is going to be a LOT of spoiler tags before we're done with it. XD
    The Pantheon of Erinn has 3 tiers of deities, Tier 1, 2, and 3. Aton Cimeni is Tier 1 and its stated that among his powers are perfect immortality. He is utterly unkillable in Erinn and the only probably way is to probably destroy the entire world to do him in. Tier 2 contain 3 gods: Hymerark, Lymilark and Jeamiderark who are all under the direct command of Aton. There isn't much information on them besides them being stronger than Tier 3 deities. Presumably they also have perfect immortality as well. The last tier is 3, this is were the bulk of the gods we interact with reside. Morrighan, Cichol, Nuadha, Neamhain and Macha all reside in this tier, as with other unnamed or less mentioned gods. They have immortality but can be killed if they take enough damage. Gods of this tier are openly stated to have powers over time and space and can manipulate the material world in ways that Mana just can't. Anything else with divine power are below tier 3 and are generally tools, servants, or followers of the upper tiers of gods. Incidentally, the Millitan themselves fall under the "servants" tier and are technically of similar rank to Nao who presides over the soul stream. Though another Divinity might actually put them pretty close to tier 3, given how much power boost the other deity grants.

Leinei
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    @Leinei @GTCvActium
    Those story points were fine, and fairly strong. It was just the abrupt ending with things left unaddressed or brushed off that irked me. It feels like there should be one more story-update to wrap up the loose ends
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    edited July 13, 2018
    Stolias wrote: »
    @Leinei @GTCvActium
    Those story points were fine, and fairly strong. It was just the abrupt ending with things left unaddressed or brushed off that irked me. It feels like there should be one more story-update to wrap up the loose ends

There was a promotion waaaaaaay back when Chapter 6 started that planned for 4 generations for Chapter 6 going up to G22. I think they merged the last 2 together giving it more of a rushed feeling. It's still a good enough story. There's plenty to interpret but a few character's ended up "empty". I guess you can say. I don't remember the theme for the first two when it was planned, but parts 3 and 4 were themed "War" and "Divinity" respectively.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 13, 2018
    @Leinei @GTCvActium
    We'll probably see Talvish again in g22 (maybe Mother Ladeca too!). I imagine he's still feeling a bit at odds with his actions so I can understand why the need to be alone.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder, is there gonna be a part 3 with some kind of afterstory/epilogue?

I mean, I know there's gonna be another update that adds in the Creagh purification mission and the Hasidim raid, but I'm just wondering.

Imagine being Talvish's Confidant from G20 after all this. :(
  • LeineiLeinei
    I would like to see Talvish return to the Knights, humbled and with a new sense of purpose. Though I imagine things will be rocky given certain revelations... =T
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    I would like to see Talvish return to the Knights, humbled and with a new sense of purpose. Though I imagine things will be rocky given certain revelations... =T

We did form a sort of kindred spirit with him in that we are both entities of outworldly power now. Even though he was an antagonist I just can't hate him at all. Might be me empathizing with both the Millitian and Talvish, but I was asking him to "Please stop this".
  • MhaolMhaol
    edited July 13, 2018
    First off: You're both awake really early. LOL
    There was a promotion waaaaaaay back when Chapter 6 started that planned for 4 generations for Chapter 6 going up to G22. I think they merged the last 2 together giving it more of a rushed feeling. It's still a good enough story. There's plenty to interpret but a few character's ended up "empty". I guess you can say. I don't remember the theme for the first two when it was planned, but parts 3 and 4 were themed "War" and "Divinity" respectively.

I recall that 4-generation suggestion from long ago too, didn't know it was promotion. Certainly explains a lot.
    We'll probably see Talvish again in g22 (maybe Mother Ladeca too!). I imagine he's still feeling a bit at odds with his actions so I can understand why the need to be alone.
    I SURE HOPE SO AT THIS POINT. Would make sense for Talvish to appear to help us once in a while in future generations.

One of the Big theories my friends and I came up with was about who Mother Ladeca could've been was that she was Balor's Queen of Fomors. And she sent the prophets after the Elder's body because the Elder's corpse contained enough Divine Magic and Strength it could be used to resurrect Balor and not just waste away under Balor's power.
    Obviously that busted with the Reveal of Talvish being the Elder. But with G22 being Balor's Resurrection... Let's see what happens.
  • LeineiLeinei
    I SURE HOPE SO AT THIS POINT. Would make sense for Talvish to appear to help us once in a while in future generations.

One of the Big theories my friends and I came up with was about who Mother Ladeca could've been was that she was Balor's Queen of Fomors. And she sent the prophets after the Elder's body because the Elder's corpse contained enough Divine Magic and Strength it could be used to resurrect Balor and not just waste away under Balor's power.
    Obviously that busted with the Reveal of Talvish being the Elder. But with G22 being Balor's Resurrection... Let's see what happens.
    You know who else has Divine Power within their mortal form? Millia! Inb4 she's Mother Ladeca! =D
    Mhaol
  • MhaolMhaol
    You know who else has Divine Power within their mortal form? Millia! Inb4 she's Mother Ladeca! =D

SNRK!
    KNowing DevCat. They would do something like that.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

There's one big problem with that, there's a difference between Outworldly divine power and Erinn's divine power. Erinn's power is derived from Aton himself and is the native power of Erinn. With in the world its the only kind of power to be called "Holy and Pure". Outworldly divine power comes from a deity that exists outside of Erinn, its power is decribed as "Unholy and Corruptive". The reason for their rise in power is because Tarlach and Ruairi decided to be a bunch of dumb hats and punch a hole in the boarders of Erinn allowing other gods to invades. The reason for this is because they wanted mortals to be free of the god's influence so they opened the hole so that other gods will invade and all sides of the gods wipe each other out leaving mortals to inherit the world. Even though at this point the last 2 gods of Erinn still active pretty much decided to back off and the stronger ones rarely interfere.
  • LeineiLeinei

SNRK!
    KNowing DevCat. They would do something like that.
    Eh, maybe she got betrayed by Balor or something leading to her being reborn as a Human?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Immortality is immunity to being killed, not biological immortality where natural means induced by age or illness fail to take effect, or nigh-invulnerability, where an entity is merely far more resilient.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Immortality is immunity to being killed, not biological immortality where natural means induced by age or illness fail to take effect, or nigh-invulnerability, where an entity is merely far more resilient.

Neamhain seemed to get pretty close to being killed by Nuadha.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    edited July 13, 2018
    Cichol himself has been killed a few times but he keeps coming back. Nuadha in the back story has also been killed by a dragon eating his arm and then flaming him to death only to be revived later.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 13, 2018

Also what about Macha? I really did not understand the plot of hers fully, but we did actually defeat her at Saga I? She poofed into nothingness.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Cichol himself has been killed a few times but he keeps coming back. Nuadha in the back story has also been killed by a dragon eating his arm and then flaming him to death only to be revived later.

Didn't he lose his arm to a Fir Bolg Warrior, and then got killed by the dragon?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Greta wrote: »

Also what about Macha? I really did not understand the plot of hers fully, but we did actually defeat her at Saga I? She poofed into nothingness.

We weren't even close, she only stopped because her summon ritual was interrupted and she couldn't materialize anymore. She's sealed, but definitely not dead.
    VeylaineMhaolLeinei