Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting Finals

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
So Nao finally had it's first jousting finals. It had 13-1 people competing, and was won by an ex-Alexinan jouster, who is number 12 on the Alexina jousting ladder. You can find all the action here. Read the video descriptions for the match descriptions and analysis. Alexina also had a final and it can be found here.

Come on out and play Mabinogi's Game of Kings, come on out and join the folks who poke.
KensamaofmariFOXAssassin

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I was surprised we got more people than anticipated.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Compared to Alexina these finals were strange. Alexina finals have always had at least one human in the final match with a single exception. Most of the jousters there are humans. Here there were so many elves and only a few humans. That's topsy-turvey to an Alexinan. Don't get me wrong though it was fun. Did you read your match analysisisises?
    Helsa wrote: »
    Compared to Alexina these finals were strange. Alexina finals have always had at least one human in the final match with a single exception. Most of the jousters there are humans. Here there were so many elves and only a few humans. That's topsy-turvey to an Alexinan. Don't get me wrong though it was fun. Did you read your match analysisisises?

Not yet, I'll probably go through it when I get to my lunch break this afternoon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Let me know how accurately I interpreted the matches. Some moves are ambiguous, so I have to guess.
    Let me know how accurately I interpreted the matches. Some moves are ambiguous, so I have to guess.

I probably followed 2 or 3 other matches outside my rounds, but I'll give you feedback on your analysis.
  • HelsaHelsa
    A whole bunch of videos to help one improve their game can be found here. Read the video descriptions as there is no voice-over.
    I really put myself in a bad position in that 2nd match
  • HelsaHelsa

No one was familiar with no one, so you can't be blamed for happening to be hit on the opening pass. What if they had opened with S?

No one was familiar with no one, so you can't be blamed for happening to be hit on the opening pass. What if they had opened with S?

That was the reason why I went with D, but after I got hit, I think the only other way I could've played was to play risky and lure them in for late comeback. As Algar played safe as well, I really had limited options after the first move.
  • HelsaHelsa

That was the reason why I went with D, but after I got hit, I think the only other way I could've played was to play risky and lure them in for late comeback. As Algar played safe as well, I really had limited options after the first move.

You see now what you could have done though right?
    edited July 1, 2019

I haven't gotten out of my shell yet, so no, not yet.
  • HelsaHelsa

I specifically said what to do in the writeup.
    edited July 1, 2019

I specifically said what to do in the writeup.

Yeah, I still had trouble trying to figure out what that would have been. I need to look at it from a different angle >.<
    Edit
    I'm guessing, it has to do with the race match up at this point.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 1, 2019
    Yeah, I still had trouble trying to figure out what that would have been. I need to look at it from a different angle >.<
    Edit

By going to S, with them going to W, you both hit with the full force of those hits. They were ahead on damage of you by enough that they were able to finish you while your damage fell short. Had you instead taken the chance at going for your combo, you both would end up at W. Their damage would be half what it was leaving them short of killing you and, because you'd get your combo bonus in, it would make up the deficit, leaving you both with the same damage at WW. Them being an Elf gave them the advantage since their combo would be locked-and-loaded but that's better than outright losing, and you still would have a very good shot at it. See what I mean?
    Kensamaofmari
    Edit

By going to S, with them going to W, you both hit with the full force of those hits. They were ahead on damage of you by enough that they were able to finish you while your damage fell short. Had you instead taken the chance at going for your combo, you both would end up at W. Their damage would be half what it was leaving them short of killing you and, because you'd get your combo bonus in, it would make up the deficit, leaving you both with the same damage at WW. Them being an Elf gave them the advantage since their combo would be locked-and-loaded but that's better than outright losing, and you still would have a very good shot at it. See what I mean?

Yeah, I need to really review the other parts of the game going forward to notice who I'm facing and what are the advantages of certain choices of attack.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Yeah, I need to really review the other parts of the game going forward to notice who I'm facing and what are the advantages of certain choices of attack.

I know someone whose already done that and posted it all on-line . . . . cough!
  • HelsaHelsa
    @Musicat weren't you there too?
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Isn't Jousting that wannabe rock paper scissors?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Donk3y wrote: »

It's one of them, except it does have strategy to it. And counter strategy. And counter counter strategy. Etc.
    KensamaofmariDonk3y
    Donk3y wrote: »

It's one of them, except it does have strategy to it. And counter strategy. And counter counter strategy. Etc.

There is some thinking to it unlike rock paper scissors.