Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

• VeebatVeebat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
    I'm in support of server merging..
    Zeo
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Maybe merge the servers two per.. but I don't want a mega server. I'll be too crowded and my pc lags enough in populated areas. :/
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    I support the server merge! I like to meet more friends that way, increase world populations... Solid statement! :/
    Zeo
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 22, 2017
    +1 to [ One Server ] (mega server)
    2 servers merging won't really work unless it's going to be like Alexina & 3 servers combined.
  • ClefClef
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Either merge all into one, or merge the least populated servers together and leave Alexina as is.
    They could simply give us a bigger amount of channels to ensure that we can escape the lag.
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    I support server merge! I say merge at lease 4 into 2 renamed servers. It's been long time that someone posted this thread. Several been talking about it on Facebook.
  • Transfers_plsTransfers_pls
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    If there is a server merge into more than one server they should give everyone the ability to pick which server their character is on.
    purpley
  • KomaruKomaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    I definitely agree w/ a server merge. It'd be nice to play on a server with more users that aren't afk 80% of the time, particularly when I'm trying to do a falias ptj on my main and several alts... But I digress. >>

However, I want my dressing room stuff. That's a lot of stuff collected over the course of my time here... qq
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 26, 2017
    Hmm... these results are a bit confusing. Anyone up for quoting me with a response to the following questions?

[A] If You Chose Postpone Merge For Improvements
    Q1:Explain why postponing the merge sounds like the best option for you.
    Q2:Rather than changing the bank and dressing room to Server Wide, how would you feel about Nexon developing an NPC that allows gold and item transfers? Would you still use it even if it has a transfer limit per week or month?
    Q3:Which Server are you on? What channel is the designated gathering channel, and which one is the 'Market' channel? How does the server population feel between these channels?
    Q4:Do you feel that a server merge or megaserver would improve the player community, or would you support only having two large channels?

If You Chose I Want A MegaServer
    Q1:Have you experienced a Megaserver in another MMOG before? If so, did you notice any changes in server or computer performance? How did the community take the merge, and did you notice an increase or decrease in player activity? If not, are you worried about how this will affect Mabinogi?
    Q2:Are you certain you would go through with a Server Merge, even if it means losing gold from the bank or clothes from the dressing room?
    Q3:Why do you want a Mega Server?
    Q4:Would you still participate in World Boss spawn fights? If so, how often would you recommend the respawn be set? If not, then would you prefer the HP and DEF of World Boss spawns to be boosted to require an actual raid party to clear it?
    Q5:Do you think that a MegaServer would have a negative or positive impact on World Boss and GvG relationships?
    Q6:If the answer to Q5 was negative, would you still be dissatisfied if GvG PvP competition was added onto WB spawns? If the answer was positive, do you think the prices of WB materials will skyrocket, or would and increase in WB difficulty make the materials seem like an actual challenge for Guilds to show off their CP and skills?
    Q7:How do you think new players will feel about ranking skills and leveling up on spawns only bots would use? Should a special RP dungeon be added for Newbies where once a real day they can gain a 100 Skill Training Seal or other various helpful items?
    Q8:How would you feel about enlarging Tara and Taillteann Stonehenge Altars to make more room for parties to stand?
    Q9:How would you feel about Nexon making the Bank and Dressing room server wide, or adding in an NPC that can exchange goods and gold for a weekly or monthly limit?
    Q10:Are there any other concerns you might have with a Mega Server? If so, then what is it and why?

[C] If You Chose I Want A Few Servers To Be Merged
    Q1: Which servers would you recommend be merged, and why?
    Q2:Are you certain you would go through with a Server Merge, even if it means losing gold from the bank or clothes from the dressing room?
    Q3:Rather than changing the bank and dressing room to Server Wide, how would you feel about Nexon developing an NPC that allows gold and item transfers? Would you still use it even if it has a transfer limit per week or month?
    Q4:Do you think Guild and Name Duplicates should be handled by Nexon, or by player communication and negotiation? Would you be okay with all guilds being wiped, and restarting with a guild title event?

[D] If You Chose Channel Merge
    Q1:Why would you pick a channel merge over a Server Merge or a Mega Server?
    Q2:How many channels out of 7 do you think can be removed, but still keep the servers stable?
    Q3:Does Nexon just need to upgrade Mabinogi's servers to match a shiny, brand new engine?
    Q4:Is Mabinogi just so outdated that Q3 seems a bit absurd? If not, then how many years do you estimate it would take Nexon NA to become just as Innovative as Nexon KR when it comes to marketing and developing Mabinogi? If so, then what's your ETA for the amount of time it would take Nexon NA to work with Nexon KR on hardcore Code Monkey stuff to make Mabinogi have a more modern and easier to handle engine to make server merges smooth and plausible without any dressing room or bank gold/item loss?

[E] If You Chose I Want No Action To Be Taken
    Q1:Why don't you want any action to be taken?
    Q2:Does a Merge seem like too much work for Nexon and too little gain for Mabinogi to you, or is there something else that you're worried about?
    Q3:Are you concerned with the server population? If not, then please elaborate what your main concern with Mabinogi is in one of the links in the OP here.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have made a few posts regarding server merge and I will say this again.

I 100% support all four servers being merged into one mega server... and it will suck for the players who don't have enough inventory space and/or enough pet space to put all their items in as they will get deleted in the dressing room but as long as the players have like.. one or two weeks notice to prepare everything before the servers get merged and as long as Nexon decide to make like.. a mega gacha or event where we all can get the items back to make up the loss, that should be fine.

I honestly don't get why a mega server isn't a thing... especially at a time like this.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    If anything, the two smallest servers should merge. It'd give a larger population without overdoing it.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited April 2, 2017
    No..just...no.

I do not want to lose all my items in my bank and dressing room...or anything, really....No.

Server transfers are different, I will support that. It doesn't affect me if I want to stay in my server, and allows those who want to move to move.
    XiokunGretaSherriNerdylicious
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    No..just...no.

I do not want to lose all my items in my bank and dressing room...or anything, really....No.

Server transfers are different, I will support that. It doesn't affect me if I want to stay in my server, and allows those who want to move to move.

Yeah. I'm all for servers merging but I don't want all my crap getting messed up, either. I don't have 200 pets like other people, nor am I willing to pay money to get that many pets. And don't even get me started on how mad I'll be if something goes wrong and it's like, "OOPS! WE DELETED EVERYTHING YOU EVER OWNED REGARDLESS. OH WELL."
    GretaBerryswirlSherriNerdylicious
  • BeyondDeathBeyondDeath
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited April 19, 2017
    I think I speak for a large portion of the players when I say the game is Dead. The server channels are empty and there arent enough players to fill them. I believe it is time that nexon does us a favor and merges the servers!
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    as much as people think this needs to happen... its a huge headache... first off you would need to wipe all the names from all toons/pets because there cant be name over laps that means anyone could take a well know persons name or some people (not going to say who) could change there name even tho there a known scammer... also you would have to wipe all friends lists guilds... and knowing nexon the only way to wipe pets would be to reset them all to cards destroying all items in them.... think about the big picture not just about yourself
    BerryswirlSherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    *insert one of the many oh-look-it's-this-thread-again- meme*

Don't forget all the reasons not to do this with this game and reasons to do it from the ten other threads like this.

Long story short: merge would need a lot of character names, pets, inventory, and guild considerations to be made. It'd be possible, but the amount of effort likely involved would take months or years with how merge-unfriendly this game's systems were made.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    a server merge would be nice if it was done correctly but it is still a lot of work. only the other servers are mostly dead though. Alexina still has a very high population on at least 3 to 4 channels
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 19, 2017
    At OP, I really hope you're not gauging this population from when you logged in since the game is having log-in issues and not everyone can log-in at the moment. Also, let's dispense with the FUD chatter.

I do not support, I would much rather see a server change ticket. =T
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    If there's one thing we all need, it's increased lag and server strain, not to mention an awful lot of headaches.
    Berryswirl
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Leinei wrote: »
    At OP, I really hope you're not gauging this population from when you logged in since the game is having log-in issues and not everyone can log-in at the moment. Also, let's dispense with the FUD chatter.

I do not support, I would much rather see a server change ticket. =T

So everyone can scramble to Alexina and leave my poor Mari to die? >_>

I demand when a server merge happens, it must have the name "MARI" inside. I am not leaving my server. Even if I am the last dang giant there!!!
    Until my hubby leaves. Then I have to go.