Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Last Post Wins

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Social media kills humanity and brain cells.

I use social media to stay informed, but Youtube has yet to disappoint me.

Youtube is for entertainment, not for news.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660

I hear it's for fashion now...

No, it's for Helsa's Mabinogi Jousting Tournaments
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Your check is in the mail.
    Darkpixie99Kensamaofmari
    Helsa wrote: »

Your check is in the mail.

Thanks boss!
    Darkpixie99
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 11, 2019
    Politics and video games never mix...

The fact that Epic Games of any company is criticizing Blizzard is absurd, given that they are a subsidiary under the control of Tencent, which doubtlessly has ties within the PRC Communist party.

I am not defending what Blizzard said, given that I am not interested in finding out what it is, but seriously, I like Blizzard a lot more than Epic Games. Trying to get cheap internet points by criticizing a company that hasn't tried to screw over gamers nearly as much as Epic has recently is just anger-inducing.

The fact that Epic Games of any company is criticizing Blizzard is absurd, given that they are a subsidiary under the control of Tencent, which doubtlessly has ties within the PRC Communist party.

I am not defending what Blizzard said, given that I am not interested in finding out what it is, but seriously, I like Blizzard a lot more than Epic Games. Trying to get cheap internet points by criticizing a company that hasn't tried to screw over gamers nearly as much as Epic has recently is just anger-inducing.

People using the claim that certain corporations having ties to a political party and government is using faulty logic. Just because certain individuals are members of a political party does not mean they are controlled by the government. And as a result, this is how certain groups with an agenda accomplish their goals by feeding material to the public and abusing their credibility to make claims that may not be true to gain support. In other words, this is called propaganda.
    edited October 11, 2019

People using the claim that certain corporations having ties to a political party and government is using faulty logic. Just because certain individuals are members of a political party does not mean they are controlled by the government. And as a result, this is how certain groups with an agenda accomplish their goals by feeding material to the public and abusing their credibility to make claims that may not be true to gain support. In other words, this is called propaganda.

A claim doesn't rely on reasoning in that way. It is simply a positive statement about the world as it is. I suppose a claim can be made with regards to hernuitics of assumptions ala "to assume is to make an ass out of you and me".

With which I base my claim on the PRC's Communist Party's track record (It should be noted that the communist party is the sole party in power, as in the only party that's effectively legal) and Tencent's financial and political clout. It is a very powerful multinational corporation.

I am honestly not sure what it is that you are saying about my previous statement. I am stupid, but can you tie it in a way I can understand?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Either way, oof...
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030

People and American politicians slamming Blizzard and the NBA this week. People are dumb. Businesses try to stay neutral in broader politics as they don't want to hurt their markets. I see no reason why Blizzard can't ban the player and the NBA issue a statement on their stance over their issue.

People of the 21st century are too easily manipulated from what is right and what is wrong. Their stubbornness and the acceptance of faulty logic is what causes all these conflicts around the world.

Not only was he banned, but the price money was taken away, and the interviewers got fired despite them not being involved on his views, their response also only made it worse. One could say that Blizzard tried to please China a bit too hard and it made everyone upset over it.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I like to stay neutral though all this (of course supporting Hong Kong) but seeing all these memes of Blizzard is kinda funny.
    I think I'm just a cruel person though sometimes
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
    Sherri wrote: »
    I like to stay neutral though all this (of course supporting Hong Kong) but seeing all these memes of Blizzard is kinda funny.

If supporting democracy means to hurt people who do not support your movement, I don't know what democracy is anymore.
    Darkpixie99
    edited October 12, 2019

If supporting democracy means to hurt people who do not support your movement, I don't know what democracy is anymore.

I am honestly not sure what is happening, but if I have to something troubling about democracy, it is that prerequisite would be the legalized means to seek a redress of grievance. A democratic system only works when there are avenues available for everyone to address their concerns; of course, if no such avenues effectively exist, then one isn't really living in a democracy, now are they?

To which resistance, even forceful resistance, may have a place, however the propensity it is to devolve into demagogues turned would-be tyrants trying to wrestle power away from one another.

In short, violence is abhorrent within a democracy, but it is an entirely different scenario to fight for it, rather. Whether or not the latter is justified depends on how we view certain conflicts. Sometimes, one must pick the gun up so that everyone can learn to put it down, to be blunt about my views.

Of course, there are issues where democracy is itself the masses oppressing the minorities, but that is a tangential topic.
    Wolfsinger

I am honestly not sure what is happening, but if I have to something troubling about democracy, it is that prerequisite would be the legalized means to seek a redress of grievance. A democratic system only works when there are avenues available for everyone to address their concerns; of course, if no such avenues effectively exist, then one isn't really living in a democracy, now are they?

To which resistance, even forceful resistance, may have a place, however the propensity it is to devolve into demagogues turned would-be tyrants trying to wrestle power away from one another.

In short, violence is abhorrent within a democracy, but it is an entirely different scenario to fight for it, rather. Whether or not the latter is justified depends on how we view certain conflicts. Sometimes, one must pick the gun up so that everyone can learn to put it down, to be blunt about my views.

Of course, there are issues where democracy is itself the masses oppressing the minorities, but that is a tangential topic.

But in this situation, most people don't even look at the full picture and immediately back the side that supposedly has grievances. And I believe that is very wrong.

But in this situation, most people don't even look at the full picture and immediately back the side that supposedly has grievances. And I believe that is very wrong.

Ah, so criticizing the practice and faulty logic instead of the conclusion? That's a rare breed of critical thinking you are practicing, Ken.

I will be honest, I am honestly discussing with myself the idea of moral "imperialism", that I cooked up quite some time ago. If moral claims are normative claims that are to be applied universally, (Think Kant's Categorical Imperative), then would it not be fully consistent to apply our morality on others, and thus hold them accountable to our ethics instead of our own?

At least, I think that's what I was originally asking myself, but it is 1 AM and I just got home. =_=

Ah, so criticizing the practice and faulty logic instead of the conclusion? That's a rare breed of critical thinking you are practicing, Ken.

I will be honest, I am honestly discussing with myself the idea of moral "imperialism", that I cooked up quite some time ago. If moral claims are normative claims that are to be applied universally, (Think Kant's Categorical Imperative), then would it not be fully consistent to apply our morality on others, and thus hold them accountable to our ethics instead of our own?

At least, I think that's what I was originally asking myself, but it is 1 AM and I just got home. =_=

There should also be a line drawn for multiple sides on what is considered moral or immoral, what is justified and injustice. The issue is being able to come to a consensus on what that line is.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited October 13, 2019
    Julie wrote: »

People and American politicians slamming Blizzard and the NBA this week. People are dumb. Businesses try to stay neutral in broader politics as they don't want to hurt their markets. I see no reason why Blizzard can't ban the player and the NBA issue a statement on their stance over their issue.

People of the 21st century are too easily manipulated from what is right and what is wrong. Their stubbornness and the acceptance of faulty logic is what causes all these conflicts around the world.

Not only was he banned, but the price money was taken away, and the interviewers got fired despite them not being involved on his views, their response also only made it worse. One could say that Blizzard tried to please China a bit too hard and it made everyone upset over it.

silly girl, you're not allowed politics

edit: nvm i fully support the pro democracy anti china blizzard bad propaganda, dont mind me
    also keep politics out of my games in any other situation because freedum only applies to things i support :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The Military of the PRC is organized in an unusual way. Technically, China has no army. The Communist Party of China has an army called The Peoples Liberation Army. China has no air force or navy. The Communist Party of China has no air force or navy. The Peoples Liberation Army has an air force called The Peoples Liberation Army Air Force and a navy called The People Liberation Army Navy. Clear as mud?
    The Military of the PRC is organized in an unusual way. Technically, China has no army. The Communist Party of China has an army called The Peoples Liberation Army. China has no air force or navy. The Communist Party of China has no air force or navy. The Peoples Liberation Army has an air force called The Peoples Liberation Army Air Force and a navy called The People Liberation Army Navy. Clear as mud?

Clear as distilled mud.
    Wolfsinger

Clear as distilled mud.

Basically, it is inception. The Communist Party of China has an army, and that army has an air force and a navy.

...*Inception