Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 1 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75193/great-era-of-commerce-part-1-patch-notes-june-30th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Last Post Wins

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Sherri wrote: »
    I like to stay neutral though all this (of course supporting Hong Kong) but seeing all these memes of Blizzard is kinda funny.
    I think I'm just a cruel person though sometimes

If supporting democracy means to hurt people who do not support your movement, I don't know what democracy is anymore.

I am honestly not sure what is happening, but if I have to something troubling about democracy, it is that prerequisite would be the legalized means to seek a redress of grievance. A democratic system only works when there are avenues available for everyone to address their concerns; of course, if no such avenues effectively exist, then one isn't really living in a democracy, now are they?

To which resistance, even forceful resistance, may have a place, however the propensity it is to devolve into demagogues turned would-be tyrants trying to wrestle power away from one another.

In short, violence is abhorrent within a democracy, but it is an entirely different scenario to fight for it, rather. Whether or not the latter is justified depends on how we view certain conflicts. Sometimes, one must pick the gun up so that everyone can learn to put it down, to be blunt about my views.

Of course, there are issues where democracy is itself the masses oppressing the minorities, but that is a tangential topic.

But in this situation, most people don't even look at the full picture and immediately back the side that supposedly has grievances. And I believe that is very wrong.

Ah, so criticizing the practice and faulty logic instead of the conclusion? That's a rare breed of critical thinking you are practicing, Ken.

I will be honest, I am honestly discussing with myself the idea of moral "imperialism", that I cooked up quite some time ago. If moral claims are normative claims that are to be applied universally, (Think Kant's Categorical Imperative), then would it not be fully consistent to apply our morality on others, and thus hold them accountable to our ethics instead of our own?

At least, I think that's what I was originally asking myself, but it is 1 AM and I just got home. =_=
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,685
    Sherri wrote: »
    I like to stay neutral though all this (of course supporting Hong Kong) but seeing all these memes of Blizzard is kinda funny.
    I think I'm just a cruel person though sometimes

If supporting democracy means to hurt people who do not support your movement, I don't know what democracy is anymore.

I am honestly not sure what is happening, but if I have to something troubling about democracy, it is that prerequisite would be the legalized means to seek a redress of grievance. A democratic system only works when there are avenues available for everyone to address their concerns; of course, if no such avenues effectively exist, then one isn't really living in a democracy, now are they?

To which resistance, even forceful resistance, may have a place, however the propensity it is to devolve into demagogues turned would-be tyrants trying to wrestle power away from one another.

In short, violence is abhorrent within a democracy, but it is an entirely different scenario to fight for it, rather. Whether or not the latter is justified depends on how we view certain conflicts. Sometimes, one must pick the gun up so that everyone can learn to put it down, to be blunt about my views.

Of course, there are issues where democracy is itself the masses oppressing the minorities, but that is a tangential topic.

But in this situation, most people don't even look at the full picture and immediately back the side that supposedly has grievances. And I believe that is very wrong.

Ah, so criticizing the practice and faulty logic instead of the conclusion? That's a rare breed of critical thinking you are practicing, Ken.

I will be honest, I am honestly discussing with myself the idea of moral "imperialism", that I cooked up quite some time ago. If moral claims are normative claims that are to be applied universally, (Think Kant's Categorical Imperative), then would it not be fully consistent to apply our morality on others, and thus hold them accountable to our ethics instead of our own?

At least, I think that's what I was originally asking myself, but it is 1 AM and I just got home. =_=

There should also be a line drawn for multiple sides on what is considered moral or immoral, what is justified and injustice. The issue is being able to come to a consensus on what that line is.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,035
    edited October 13, 2019
    Julie wrote: »
    Politics and video games never mix...

People and American politicians slamming Blizzard and the NBA this week. People are dumb. Businesses try to stay neutral in broader politics as they don't want to hurt their markets. I see no reason why Blizzard can't ban the player and the NBA issue a statement on their stance over their issue.

People of the 21st century are too easily manipulated from what is right and what is wrong. Their stubbornness and the acceptance of faulty logic is what causes all these conflicts around the world.

Not only was he banned, but the price money was taken away, and the interviewers got fired despite them not being involved on his views, their response also only made it worse. One could say that Blizzard tried to please China a bit too hard and it made everyone upset over it.

silly girl, you're not allowed politics

edit: nvm i fully support the pro democracy anti china blizzard bad propaganda, dont mind me
    also keep politics out of my games in any other situation because freedum only applies to things i support :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,745
    The Military of the PRC is organized in an unusual way. Technically, China has no army. The Communist Party of China has an army called The Peoples Liberation Army. China has no air force or navy. The Communist Party of China has no air force or navy. The Peoples Liberation Army has an air force called The Peoples Liberation Army Air Force and a navy called The People Liberation Army Navy. Clear as mud?
    Helsa wrote: »
    The Military of the PRC is organized in an unusual way. Technically, China has no army. The Communist Party of China has an army called The Peoples Liberation Army. China has no air force or navy. The Communist Party of China has no air force or navy. The Peoples Liberation Army has an air force called The Peoples Liberation Army Air Force and a navy called The People Liberation Army Navy. Clear as mud?

Clear as distilled mud.
    Wolfsinger

Clear as distilled mud.

Basically, it is inception. The Communist Party of China has an army, and that army has an air force and a navy.

...*Inception
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 14, 2019

Clear as distilled mud.

Basically, it is inception. The Communist Party of China has an army, and that army has an air force and a navy.

...*Inception

To be fair, it's better to pander to China on political unrest, than to face threats of another war for disrespecting their honor.

Oh, forgot to share this from Fox News:

Clear as distilled mud.

...*Inception

To be fair, it's better to pander to China on political unrest, than to face threats of another war for disrespecting their honor.

Oh, forgot to share this from Fox News:

Notice how when the US and China said they were going to announce a phase 1 trade deal last week, immediately major news networks cut down the time they talk about the HK issue, instead let's talk about the Turkish invasion of Northern Syria.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,035
    8b7.png
    What soda do we have?
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    What soda do we have?

Diet KelpSoda
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 15, 2019
    Ooooh, Google and Youtube are in trouble! News from the FTC. (From last month.)
    Video link from the recap.
    Facebook also took the L in July.

FTC is researching E-cigarettes, time to be concerned for your health and about what those oils really are.

FTC is researching E-cigarettes, time to be concerned for your health and about what those oils really are.

They're obviously chemicals + nicotine.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

They always claim to be nicotine free, but yeah... likely dangerous byproducts. (As proven by hospitalization cases.)

They always claim to be nicotine free, but yeah... likely dangerous byproducts. (As proven by hospitalization cases.)

Before it was tobacco + nicotine, now it's who knows what's in it + nicotine.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930

I dont recall a single outlet claiming that atleast the reputable ones, but from what i do know is that a lot of these hospital cases are rather more unique to the US when it comes to Vaping.

Fact 1, the US doesn't regulate e-cigarettes as Harshly as a country like the UK does, and theres a gray market for e-cigs that contain other chemicals that reputable places dont put in.

Fact 2, just about every single case of hospitalized individuals tends to say that they got theirs from a non-reputable place

Fact 3 UK doctors do say that e-cigarettes are not as harmful as traditional cigarettes and there isn't a lung disease phenomenon going in there as well.

all of this leaves a gap that goes to the gray market with vaping juice, Now i don't vape myself, i never will, it's still not healthy for you even if it's allegedly more safe than cigarettes, but i don't think licensed and reputable places are the ones responsible for the phenomenon, theres plenty of reason for that and maybe we should focus are targets with the gray market.

also nicotine isn't a harmful thing by itself either, nor was it found to be addictive in most cases (also lab rats show this), but the things you could get it from are, and unfortunately we dont have the tech that properly separates nicotine from things that do that (as well as controversy and regulations that prevent or hold back research for it), and its even found to have health benefits, however i do not recommend any non consumer of tobacco/nicotine products to start doing it just for those benefits, i don't think they're worth it in the long run.

Darkpixie99
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,765

About time....
    Darkpixie99

Before it was tobacco + nicotine, now it's who knows what's in it + nicotine.

Why it gotta be Nicotine? Why not just Nico?

nico_yazawa_costume_practice_version_1464763249_a7e5bbbf.jpg

Would never stop smoking if it meant smoking Nico Yazawa. :D
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • KUR0_KUR0_KUNKUR0_KUR0_KUN
    Mabinogi Rep: 405
    bump lol
    bump lol

I bump has appeared on this thread. Time to apply skincare products.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger