Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

General Respect/Handling Grief

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited August 29, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    -words-
    This thread, whether on topic or not, doesn't really belong in this forum and wasn't a big deal until it became apparent what's really going on. Don't sit there and pretend you would allow this to happen to yourself, or someone who might be in the right. I'm still waiting to read the other half of this drama llama literature.

You are the one making a big deal out of this.

There is 2 way you can get the other perspective of the story.
    1. The person themselves told the story here.
    2. You make a new char on tarlach and ask the person directly.

Asking op for the other side of the story is unreasonable in itself since they are not an esper that can read the thought of the said person or seeing things from their eyes.

This thread do belong here since its about mabinogi playerbase and how they act in game.
    No, no, no. ~ The person making a big deal out of this is the person who came to the forum (instead of dropping the argument in-game). They know how to deal with it (ignore people who troll them) and how to report people. -- they weren't born yesterday, right? ~// -- Neither was I.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,535
    Seriously, this is a topic to raise awareness about online harassing, not for name shaming anyone.

On topic, if you see somebody getting bullied or you are getting bullied yourself, don't be afraid to report the one being mean.
    If possible, you could civilly defend the person/yourself.
    NilremParadoxLostIyasenuCarlizeAtaraxiz
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited August 29, 2017
    doesnt matter who started it, or who ended it.
    - if someone blocks you, and you continue to send them notes then you are harassing them.
    -unless their sending you notes back that isn't "stop noting me or ill have to report you" which doesn't sound like the case.

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked.
    people should be freely able to fight in mabi, but shouldn't freely be able to keep conversing after someone got black listed.
    ParadoxLostSherriChibiMegu
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    -words-
    This thread, whether on topic or not, doesn't really belong in this forum and wasn't a big deal until it became apparent what's really going on. Don't sit there and pretend you would allow this to happen to yourself, or someone who might be in the right. I'm still waiting to read the other half of this drama llama literature.

You are the one making a big deal out of this.

There is 2 way you can get the other perspective of the story.
    1. The person themselves told the story here.
    2. You make a new char on tarlach and ask the person directly.

Asking op for the other side of the story is unreasonable in itself since they are not an esper that can read the thought of the said person or seeing things from their eyes.

This thread do belong here since its about mabinogi playerbase and how they act in game.
    No, no, no. ~ The person making a big deal out of this is the person who came to the forum (instead of dropping the argument in-game). They know how to deal with it (ignore people who troll them) and how to report people. -- they weren't born yesterday, right? ~// -- Neither was I.

Then you should know sometime people need an advice, since people can get confused or not sure what to do when facing with unpleasant things or things that they are really scared of.

You are not born yesterday too right ?
    Its not nice to kick people when they are already down nor to reject people that need help or advice.

ParadoxLostSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017
    -insert psychobabble here-
    I do believe I said, "Neither was I."
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    - if someone blocks you, and you continue to send them notes then you are harassing them.
    -unless their sending you notes back that isn't "stop noting me or ill have to report you" which doesn't sound like the case.

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked from can message you.
    The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to this story.

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited August 29, 2017

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked from can message you.
    The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to every story.

If you can see your getting messages from someone you blacklisted, and your saying "stop messaging me, ive black listed you" and they continue, then i dont care who started it.
    i dont care if the person came up to you wished death on your family, cussed you out, and made every lil awful notion of you possible. if that person who did allllll that BLACK LISTED YOU-STOPS COMMUNICATION WITH YOU- and clearly says "dont message me or ill report you" then THATS IT!

once you black list someone, or when someone black lists you, and the conversation keeps going on SOME HOW, at the POINT it should be report-able. I think unless the person reporting is the person bothering the other person AFTER a black list, then its a different story.
    ParadoxLostSherriChibiMegu
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017

The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to every story.

If you can see your getting messages from someone you blacklisted, and your saying "stop messaging me, ive black listed you" and they continue, then i dont care who started it.
    i dont care if the person came up to you wished death on your family, cussed you out, and made every lil awful notion of you possible. if that person who did allllll that BLACK LISTED YOU-STOPS COMMUNICATION WITH YOU- and clearly says "dont message me or ill report you" then THATS IT!
    Telling them (which you should do) is not the same as them not getting a notification when it happens (a notification from THE GAME - not the player). Go back and read what I said again. Your fanciful misuse of all caps isn't in the least bit necessary. No matter who likes your post.

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    There's two sides to every story.

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    No really, ask around. Channel 7. Could even find me if you want.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.

I would say more, but I would rather be CIVIL and NOT DROP NAMES.
    SherriPolicroma
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Nilrem wrote: »

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.

This thread was aimed at a specific person, and centered around a specific moment in time. There is nothing random about it.

• LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060

The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to this story.

So you should know how to act accordingly instead of making a clown out of yourself.

Really if you want to know the full story then making a scene here is not necessary.

Go to tarlach, find the person, and ss your convo with the said person here.
    Sherri
  • NilremNilrem

This thread was aimed at a specific person, and centered around a specific moment in time. There is nothing random about it.

Random? Look. Perhaps I need to be more information heavy on you.

OP? I know him in game. Troublemaker mentioned? Also know him in game.
    You literally can't be a jerk in Tarlach without 80% of the server knowing.

Just hop on for story time and save everyone the trouble.
    Sherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017

So you should know how to act accordingly instead of making a clown out of yourself.

Really if you want to know the full story then making a scene here is not necessary.

Go to tarlach, find the person, and ss your convo with the said person here.
    You clearly don't know how to read English (or something).

↑ This is literally saying there is another side of the story they would rather not talk about here.
    Random? Look. Perhaps I need to be more information heavy on you.

OP? I know him in game. Troublemaker mentioned? Also know him in game.
    You literally can't be a jerk in Tarlach without 80% of the server knowing.

Just hop on for story time and save everyone the trouble.

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited August 29, 2017

Nilrem gettin spicy

Funny you say that, cuz i havent been consistently online in game for about a month. So no this wasnt centered around a specific time. And not any specific person either. People..shore, but not any single person.

Edit: theres a full server of stories about this. Thats why i brought it up.

Edit2: hell there's a whooole half the world that can you tell you stories about similar incidents all over the internet.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,535

No, it was not.
    You are only thinking that way.
    Did you even read my post or the many posts replying the same thing?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle

↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost

↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

Get the heck out of here..stop trying and succeeding in derailing the discussion..there is no double talk there. She is literally inviting you to ask her all about it.
    Sherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017

Get the heck out of here..stop trying and succeeding in derailing the discussion..there is no double talk there. She is literally inviting you to ask her all about it.
    You don't have the right to dictate who can or cannot post in this forum. ~ and I'm as much on topic as you or anyone else here is. Nilrem already admitted to knowing you in game; completely eliminating any theory of whether or not this was "random". They are more than "pretty sure" they know who you're talking about.

• NilremNilrem
    edited August 29, 2017

↑ This double-talk is literally saying you want to actually follow the forum rules.

Fixed that for you.
    Also I literally cannot mention anything about this troublemaker, as even the slightest important detail will make it so obvious that it might as well be name dropping. Which is also against forum rules. Hence why I want to just pass the information in game.
    Nilrem already admitted to knowing you in game.

Look Sherlock. I'm going to be blunt. Half the population of Tarlach/Anyone in Tarlach that has ever been to Tir knows OP.

He was often seen afk next to the tailoring station.
    Sherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017
    Also I literally cannot mention anything about this troublemaker, as even the slightest important detail will make it so obvious that it might as well be name dropping. Which is also against forum rules. Hence why I want to just pass the information in game.
    That's not what i called double-talk (what's the matter with you people). You said it's not about a specific person (it's "random"). You stood up for the "randomness of this thread", and then immediately after, you implied not wanting to divulge into details about the specific person this is in fact about. So tell me another fairy tale.

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost

You just dont understand..you could ask anyone in tarach..you could ask anyone in the world. And 90% of them can point out one bully or another. It just so happens that its happening here in this community and it shouldnt be. Tarlach is small. Its more concentrated. You need to stop. You're hiding behind a screen and defending people that hurt people for laughs. At this point you are exact proof of what this discussion was meant to be about.
    SherriChibiMegu
This discussion has been closed.