Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Should We Allow Men To Play As Female Characters?

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I don't know where this is heading but I'm joining.
    Wolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    This term «incel» is something I had never even heard about until literally within like the last year... obviously a symptom of a «failed culture» and «religion» probably also has a hand in breeding so many «boys» into having no clue how to act nor behave around the opposite gender, and, let us not forget, over in China they have such a gender-disparity, due to that one-child-only policy where all of those so-called «families» always preferred to keep a male off-spring, such to the point where they literally now have a whole entire «booming» industry with all of those life-sized... ahem... well... anyway... I seem to be correct in my assessment of why you made this thread.
    Me? I just hate incels and people who act like dogs. Misogynistic, sex obsessed losers, but so does literally everyone else with a certain amount of decency.

It isn't meant to be serious but tongue in cheek. The very nature of my arguments are purposely constructed to be poor to mock a certain pathetic mindset. People in general shouldn't think this way.
    WolfsingerLiberate
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    edited November 2, 2019
    This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. I knew the forums were already bottom of the barrel, but you're somehow going all the way to china. Lock this thread up, for all that is holy.
    PumpkinRio
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Crims wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    This threads existence angers me.

I'm certainly triggered and I'm not even a liberal. :smirk:

implying liberals are even the one's who get triggered the most xD
    which it evidently is that conservatives are the ones who get triggered the most over things.
    PlatinaKoki
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Orange Orangutan. Just putting that out there.
    PlatinaKokiFelding
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 2, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    The more I look at this...the more feminist this looks. (Even though your a male.)

Just play a game how you like following the rules and you be fine...something like this is just flat out plain stupid. c:

Besides...You have loads of Korean games with genderlocked classes, would it mean we have to ban players who just wanted to be a class but can't because its female? -poof-

Yeah feminist has become a dirty word these days. Many decades ago we needed it and it did great things for women. Now it's just all bs. I don't mean to trigger anyone with a blunt statement like that. But these new wave feminist actually made it HARDER for women to land decent well paying jobs because of all their unfounded lunacy. Screw the mythical "wage gap", we can't even land the jobs we want. Now there are people (or employers) who are wary of women because she could potentially be a nut job/feminist/LGBTBBQABCXYZ/apachehelicopter/Karen - who will bring down the entire company, lol. "Feminists" have gone too far in the last decade. They did way more harm than good. I like to think that some are starting to realize this.

That is my freedom of speech statement. You are more than welcome to express yours on the matter if so inclined.

All that aside though. There still exists a normal world full of normal people who don't give a bleep about these issues. If someone gives you trouble for playing an opposite gender character, well then perhaps they are not worth your time even if you are "friends". Guys (and yes I will bleeping use that general way of addressing everyone if I want to, thanks) these things are not important. Lets just ignore them and enjoy the game. The world is needlessly complicated and full of excrement enough. We don't need it ruining something that helps us escape from that world.

Play however you damn well want to.
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • ChocolatChocolat
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Female characters in Mabinogi are visually and fashionably superior to male characters so I think it's unfair to deny men from wanting to look good. I mean why would you look like a boring old guy anyways? All they can aspire is to look "cool", must be so hard to live like that.

Cute is right, sexy is might!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Chocolat wrote: »
    Female characters in Mabinogi are visually and fashionably superior to male characters so I think it's unfair to deny men from wanting to look good. I mean why would you look like a boring old guy anyways? All they can aspire is to look "cool", must be so hard to live like that.

There's plenty of cute or handsome male characters... And it's quite easier to achieve because male fashion is less overpriced than female ones.
    WolfsingerBlissfulkillRadiant DawnPumpkinRio
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Greta wrote: »
    Chocolat wrote: »

There's plenty of cute or handsome male characters... And it's quite easier to achieve because male fashion is less overpriced than female ones.

Pointing out example, I've rb'd as a male a couple times because I wanted to wear the male Cherry Blossom outfit, because I still can't afford the female one, and every time I get close it vanishes from the market. Effectively, consolation prize.
    Not that I stay long.....it feels weird playing a guy when my main is female XD

Also congrats Bliss on creating such utter chaos in one thread XD
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Habimaru wrote: »
    This term «incel» is something I had never even heard about until literally within like the last year... obviously a symptom of a «failed culture» and «religion» probably also has a hand in breeding so many «boys» into having no clue how to act nor behave around the opposite gender, and, let us not forget, over in China they have such a gender-disparity, due to that one-child-only policy where all of those so-called «families» always preferred to keep a male off-spring, such to the point where they literally now have a whole entire «booming» industry with all of those life-sized... ahem... well... anyway... I seem to be correct in my assessment of why you made this thread.
    Me? I just hate incels and people who act like dogs. Misogynistic, sex obsessed losers, but so does literally everyone else with a certain amount of decency.

It isn't meant to be serious but tongue in cheek. The very nature of my arguments are purposely constructed to be poor to mock a certain pathetic mindset. People in general shouldn't think this way.

Incels are the scum of the scum of the world. Perfect example of a person who is a complete failure in life.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited November 2, 2019
    What...!? A class of people now compete with those corrupt politicians for the status of being the scum of the earth!? Well, then again, actually, mindless corrupt politicians were always described as being even less than and below the scum of the earth, from what I remember.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Incels are the scum of the scum of the world. Perfect example of a person who is a complete failure in life.

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    lol this post sure had boomed XD
    Wolfsinger
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345

Wish it closed already lol
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Habimaru wrote: »
    This term «incel» is something I had never even heard about until literally within like the last year... obviously a symptom of a «failed culture» and «religion»
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited November 2, 2019
    I already told you guys to stop and lock the thread, this is already extremely offending and huge disrespect to anyone who identify themselves as variants of ww2 tanks or any military vehicles.
    BOnm3g.png
    FeldingvamprynSherriLeineiCrimsọnWolfsingerRadiant DawnShakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Is it really that much of a surprise?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Crims wrote: »

Is it really that much of a surprise?

funny you should ask, no. but activity? I don't know.

I am waiting on a post about how the final boss will be Ferghus, he drawn our blood after all.
  • FeldingFelding
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Good to see you haven't changed much.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 3, 2019
    Felding wrote: »
    Good to see you haven't changed much.

unknown user has entered the chat.
    WolfsingerFelding
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705