Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unpopular Opinion: Cancel the Legendary Item Event

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 15, 2020
    I really don't understand how that topic derailed into that lol.

I guess we gonna remake the thread after maintenance and continue to roast this crossover.
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

I'm aware as I have also played for years, but I've never seen these alts go beyond eggs myself. So I am assuming that most of them don't do anything with them. There will always be someone or some people that will always be persistent, but like I said again my idea isn't going to get rid of all of them, but is still better than nothing. I don't really think that items being bounded to the account forever isn't the best idea and I've already explained why here.

Dude, there's levelled, non-egg alts standing next to Mr. Adorabunny right this second.

I mean, there's legit characters as well, but you can tell them by the cheap clothes/titles/gear. They almost always wear event titles.

I really think making event items no-trade is the only real answer. (So long as any event that doesn't require royalties is able to return now and then.)
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Right. With memoirs added, characters under total level 5000 get about 120 levels + 1 rebirth potion PER QUEST. By doing most of the memoirs, it takes about an hour to get a new character to total level 5000. And, if you think even an hour is too long to spend on each alt, consider that the memoirs also give you a Fine Reforging Tool on each character. The tool can't be traded, but the alt can be given the equipment to reforge in advance, use the tool, then return the equipment.

It's not difficult for someone to create an army of mid-level alts in under a day.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    And no, whoeverownsSwordArtOnline can't copyright the term "67th floor".

Sure they can, but that doesn't stop Nexon from just releasing a renamed version of it. *shrug*
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Policroma wrote: »

Sure they can, but that doesn't stop Nexon from just releasing a renamed version of it. *shrug*

Hell, they did the same thing with the hairstyle. One of the hair coupons is just a rip of Kirito's hair.
  • GretaGreta
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »

Hell, they did the same thing with the hairstyle. One of the hair coupons is just a rip of Kirito's hair.

Samba Festival? Yup. They pretty much identical just got one little change there.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 15, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Of ALL the threads which got out of hand they locked the most civil one. OK LOL.

Well, it's not a good idea to lie about you-know-what. Especially when you downplay it.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    edited April 16, 2020
    We did not lock the most civil one. We locked a thread that derailed into something that was irrelevant to the game and the topic's discussion, that also tried to misappropriate information on the current issues surrounding COVID-19.

We're fine with threads that offer insight, criticisms, and feedbacks on different topics on the game. Where we draw the line is where it gets a little too political for a video game forum. I invite you guys to re-create that thread, but please keep discussions relevant to the topic, including this one which was a source of valuable insight on a controversial game event.

Thank you.
    SebastianКалашниковLiberateCrimsọnWolfsingerPlatinaKokiRadiant DawnSherriNilremChaosShadow
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The very word/term (C-19) has also apparently been «banned» from certain platforms.

Regarding «controversy» (and such topics)... that is always going to happen for as long as people are unable to maintain control of their emotions and how to stem the tide(s) of negative thought-intrusions that may cause them to want/feel like lashing out and «blame others» for whatever reason. The results can be seen even from «in-game» interactions or even posts on game-forums such to the point where the following quote is quite relevant...:

«You can please some people all of the time, all people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time...»
    ...wherever this (probably para-phrased) quote came from, considering that I, for example, did not mind the existence of the event, but I did find it rather inconvenient to have to be at a specific location at a specific time at certain times of the day in order to even attempt to participate.
    I really don't understand how that topic derailed into that lol.
    I guess we gonna remake the thread after maintenance and continue to roast this crossover.
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    We did not lock the most civil one. We locked a thread that derailed into something that was irrelevant to the game and the topic's discussion, that also tried to misappropriate information on the current issues surrounding COVID-19.

We're fine with threads that offer insight, criticisms, and feedbacks on different topics on the game. Where we draw the line is where it gets a little too political for a video game forum. I invite you guys to re-create that thread, but please keep discussions relevant to the topic, including this one which was a source of valuable insight on a controversial game event.

Thank you.
    At the end of the day some people need to be educated (perhaps even with specific examples) of how to disagree on a point without «attacking people» (e.g.: calling people/others «stupid») over it so that they do not potentially repeat the same mistake in the future. If someone makes a «seemingly absurd claim» then of course I am not going to respond with something like «you're stupid for believing (or not) in that ****» but, rather, I might try to «look for solutions» if someone is addressing something that seems to be a problem (even if it is a seemingly [«fake» to some people] problem). Strange as it may sound, I try to avoid claiming that anything definitive is (or not) happening, because, for all I know, the so-called «laws of physics» may change on us at any time (perhaps it already did five minutes ago), even five minutes from now, and none of us would have noticed;

Consider the Double-Slit Experiment in Quantum-Mechanics (Quantum-Physics) and how such a phenomenon might be related to the concept of different peoples' screens (such as my Belvast being full of rainy and snowy weather [not to make a «spoiler» for what happens in G23 or anything] and your Belvast-screen displaying a bright-and-sunny day). Or, conversely, I might have a «Bright and Sunny Day Belvast» whilst the vast majority of the rest of the population might have a «Cold and Rainy Snow Belvast» who can feel the «looming threat» over them (like a C19) even if I personally do not feel threatened by said plandemic, err, sorry, I mean pandemic (apologies if that «joke» is in bad taste), but, I will still personally respect their wishes not to be «exposed to (potential) danger» but, also, I can recognise how the «proliferation of "martial law"» is also seen as yet another «danger» to which it has been historically proven that the «Constitution» is a rather «worthless piece of [toilet] paper»...I certainly observe (and have personally experienced) how the whole entire «system» is one of «you're guilty until you prove your innocence» rather than «innocent until proven guilty» (I do not consider it «reasonable» for people to be arrested and jailed for doing things like surfing alone at the sea, playing catch with a ball in one's own back yard with his six-year-old daughter [yes, this has actually happened, right in front of the dad's daughter], and other forms of «4th Amendment» violations against «unreasonable» searchers and seizures, but, apparently, the world has become what seems to me like those «irrational rationalists» whose definition of «reasonable/rational» apparently conflicts with mine for some reason).

Even the «government(s)» [protocols] expect people to «remain calm» during any «crisis/emergency» situation (such as if a theatre caught on fire and is burning). Getting all «panicked» and running around like chickens with their heads cut off or yelling at others for non-compliance doesn't really help the situation. There is a very effective way to develop one's ability to remain calm IF practiced thrice a day (or more) consistently. I don't «own any televisions» so I am not prone to «media-induced panicking» but I have certainly heard about various «interesting» stories about why all of this «world-wide turmoil» is happening (everything from Q-Anon stuff to Bats and various forms of other «information» that I am forced to take with huge grains of salt... enough to decide that it's worth getting out pop-corn over and watching to see what happens).
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    that also tried to misappropriate information on the current issues surrounding COVID-19.

I'm sorry.
    The thread had become off-topic long before I joined but I did not expect or want a lock. To quote the famous auteur, "I may have gone too far in a few places".

On-topic: Is it possible to increase the window of time to join the raffle? Or does that ruin the point? It seems a quick affair and there are many things to make you ineligible (not on carpet, accidental talk to NPC, etc.).
    WolfsingerSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 16, 2020
    that also tried to misappropriate information on the current issues surrounding COVID-19.

I'm sorry.
    The thread had become off-topic long before I joined but I did not expect or want a lock. To quote the famous auteur, "I may have gone too far in a few places".

On-topic: Is it possible to increase the window of time to join the raffle? Or does that ruin the point? It seems a quick affair and there are many things to make you ineligible (not on carpet, accidental talk to NPC, etc.).

Dude, you were the last nail in the coffin. When I read that I was like...holy hell. >_>;;;
    I will say perhaps we should go bowling some time comrade. XD

On-topic: I wonder if tomorrow's maintenance is going to make future items bound. I guess we will see.
    WolfsingerКалашниковSherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 16, 2020

Thank you.

You could have deleted those comments and give them a warning/reminder in PM... Or did i read the Moderation Guidelines wrong?

I noticed recently that even our own moderators forgot them... One of them was also last active in November. NOVEMBER. Out of 4 VFM's only 2 do their job, but still it's just minimal in my eyes. Please look more into them and choose 2 new ones who will actually help the active moderators. One isn't active for a half year and the other one logs in about twice a month or sometimes misses a month or two.
    Crims wrote: »
    On-topic: I wonder if tomorrow's maintenance is going to make future items bound. I guess we will see.

You think they could pull this off? That would be a nice surprise.
    Wolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Thank you.

You could have deleted those comments and give them a warning/reminder in PM... Or did i read the Moderation Guidelines wrong?

I noticed recently that even our own moderators forgot them... One of them was also last active in November. NOVEMBER. Out of 4 VFM's only 2 do their job, but still it's just minimal in my eyes. Please look more into them and choose 2 new ones who will actually help the active moderators. One isn't active for a half year and the other one logs in about twice a month or sometimes misses a month or two.

Yeah, the judgement of certain moderators lately seems to be "delete first, ask questions never".
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Yeah, the judgement of certain moderators lately seems to be "delete first, ask questions never".

Might be wise with this community :P

Hopeful? Fingers crossed I guess xD
    Still no bets on my luck, but its been mildly entertaining attending, so... :)
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited April 16, 2020
    Alshian wrote: »
    So they did not learn from past mistakes and now we have this? Same old Nexon huh...

Should of made Endgame Mats more common instead of this crap. At least this will make players do SOMETHING instead of circling the NPC like some kind of Cult ready to chant some horrific words to boost luck with alts.

Why could they not just do that?

I wish end-game mats were more common all the time, not just for an event. I don't plan on upgrading past cletic equipment because it's just too insane of a grind, and people sell a single end-game mat piece for like 100 mill on the auction board so buying it isn't an option either. The only way to reach end-game is to either no-life it or pay2win, and at that point I'd just rather play something else.

As for this current legendary weapon event, I don't really care to participate in it. I know I won't win anything. Someone that's gonna make a crap ton of alts will have a better chance at the prizes.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Or release them into gacha already. Or whenever the next power creeps comes they'll start to be common items prizes handed out via events/perma contents.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Thank you.

I did message Kyrios about that and stated that's what should of been done. Somehow despite Katherz efforts Kyrios didn't get the memo apparently. Lol.

Hey well, apparently they are listening. :smirk:
    CMKyrios
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    they could just make the items soul bound
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    edited April 16, 2020
    Focusing on one of the ideas that a few of you proposed for a moment, do you guys think it would be healthy for the rate of the item being drawn being lowered to give more time for people to participate given how fast a lot of these have been so far? When observing immediate potential simple solutions event improvements.
    SebastianRadiant DawnShakaya
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Focusing on one of the ideas that a few of you proposed for a moment, do you guys think it would be healthy for the rate of the item being drawn being lowered to give more time for people to participate given how fast a lot of these have been so far? When observing immediate potential simple solutions.

Yes, if we have 2000 people lining up to get it and it is gone by the time the second person walks up it feels to most people that they shouldn't have bothered showing up at all, we would rather walk up to the podium and fail then it be gone before we get to walk.
    SebastianShakaya