Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Website Bugs

Comments

• YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    edited November 20, 2020
    -
  • YoridenYoriden
    Not a fan of this perma-bold [and considering this part is what "bold" looks like, I'm thinking that to be some sort of error?]

But mostly I just came here to remark that I really hate the gallery format of the news page. It's too much to look at. I would really appreciate a list format option like on the old site so I can more readily see what is actually a new announcement instead of scrolling through the fuckton of large images with cut-off titles.

Plus this is just... this doesn't look good. https://prnt.sc/vlcydd
    Shakaya
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited November 18, 2020
    All the boldness should be fixed up later probably, and the sorting of the way the feeds are will be much more like Maplestory website. This seems the direction they are going towards.

I can see why they changed over the forums/website. It allows them to do even more with it. Sadly it comes at a cost. It will take time for ppl to adjust.
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited November 19, 2020
    Yeah, after I looked at the HTML, JS and CSS, as a web developer, it FEELS like the following happened.

Someone in management comes up with an idea to revamp the way the site looks. Developers come up with a good looking version that has all of the information neatly alligned. Manager goes "Nope, I saw this article that says having things all spread out through the site increases engagement." Developers sigh sadly, and quickly try to revamp their code for the new requirements.

The above repeats many times for slightly different requirements, until the code is an unmaintainable mess, due to fundamental changes being required on a weekly basis. The developers are exhausted, and stop caring about the quality of the user experience, they know their complaints will fall on deaf ears, so they numb themselves and resign to the idea of having a subpar experience, since that's what the all knowing management team, who likely never actually played an MMO wants.

The management is happy because "Yup, the developers were able to adapt to changing requirements, that's what Agile development means." without actually knowing what agile means.
    ShakayaYoriden
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    This website update looks like it's designed to be viewed best on a tablet. That doesn't really make much sense, considering Mabinogi is a PC game. But idk, maybe all the middle class kids these days do their web browsing on their tablets and phones that they take with them everywhere, and only sit down at the computer when they're actually gaming.

I'm usually either on my computer or not looking at an electronic at all, but I guess I'm old fashioned now. I personally prefer the old website design, but if this is what catches new players' attention and gets them to download Mabinogi, then I guess it's a good thing.

Please do fix the perma-bold and forum glitches, though! That's the only thing that I really think needs to be changed. The rest is just my own preference.
    Yoriden
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 22, 2020
    Can we make the forum link NOT open a new tab please?

This website design is too feminine. A potential gamer would view this page and think there is no combat.
    Shakaya
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    This website design is too feminine. A potential gamer would view this page and think there is no combat.

Man this sentence sound ridiculous. People still think females can't engage in combat games...
    Helsa
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited November 24, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Man this sentence sound ridiculous. People still think females can't engage in combat games...

I don't think the point was that women can't enjoy combat games. All the pink and flowers would mostly catch the attention of people who like feminine things, a.k.a. fashionogi. There's nothing wrong with those things, but if the game wants to continue the vibe of being an adventure fantasy game, it'd be best if they continue to keep the blue/green/orange color scheme they had going.

As it is now, the average gamer will look at the homepage and may assume it's a fashion game like Second Life or IMVU. While fashion is a big part of the game, it's not the main focus. It's a fantasy adventure and slice of life hybrid. Combat is still a big part of the game. It would be best to go for a more neutral design rather than being overly feminine or masculine, because this is not a pure slice of life game, nor is it purely an action game either.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well, I can't download the Nexon Launcher.

That's always a good start.
  • FieryLionFieryLion
    Download doesn't work in firefox. When I pressed the download button on my two computers on firefox, nothing happens and I had to switch to chrome for the download to work.
  • FieryLionFieryLion
    I forgot to mention that adblock was also turned off