Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sword Art Online & Fate Stay Night???

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    I honestly preferred Log Horizon over SAO.... really hoping they make more Log Horizon anime

I heard the creator is in prison for something so the anime probably won't continue. Log Horizon was much better and was far more detailed so it would be cool to have a anime event for it.

Where did you hear that from?

I forget where I heard it but it turns out he was charged for tax evasion which prevented him from continuing the novels for a while but according to his wikipedia page he has now paid off his taxes so there is a chance the series might continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamare_Touno

Oh, I thought you meant the SAO creator.

Welp, if he were more famous or a Trump, he would get away with it. Too bad he wasn't. Those were decent works though.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    So we talking about SAO and Log Horizon, but no one talks about Overlord?
    But the Pay2Win and all the buffs...
    Sai wrote: »
    So we talking about SAO and Log Horizon, but no one talks about Overlord?
    But the Pay2Win and all the buffs...

Speaking of p2w, there's a manga where some stingy guy gets forced to play a mobile game that relies on p2w gachas.
    Pectyl
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Well i did see A LOT of people who joined in Mabinogi just because it seemed to them that the game is just like SAO (which is NOT btw). I also saw TON of new players during SAO event who usually named themselves Kirito or Asuna. I would see like 10 different Kirito's and like 3 Asuna's everyday. It was hell lol.

I still see some stray SAO fanatics today.

Yuck.

Yeah I see Kirit0 once in a while, wearing his kirito outit on the Ruairi server.

don't forget the Asuna person who wears asuna's outfit and an expired yui. I forget their character name but it's like Therealasuna or something.
    Pectyl
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    So I can no longer access the story? Aw that suck. Guess I'll uninstall then. Thanks for the info. Is there a reason why they don't just keep it around for newcomers who are fans of those franchise?

they are limited time event so we dont have to deal with pepole that only come to the game because of one thing and waste our time
    Maia wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Well i did see A LOT of people who joined in Mabinogi just because it seemed to them that the game is just like SAO (which is NOT btw). I also saw TON of new players during SAO event who usually named themselves Kirito or Asuna. I would see like 10 different Kirito's and like 3 Asuna's everyday. It was hell lol.

I still see some stray SAO fanatics today.

Yuck.

Yeah I see Kirit0 once in a while, wearing his kirito outit on the Ruairi server.

don't forget the Asuna person who wears asuna's outfit and an expired yui. I forget their character name but it's like Therealasuna or something.

I see bots with expired yuis trying to fit in.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited August 2, 2017
    5 years ago isn't what I would call a long time ago, but everybody perceives time differently.

Also, I don't know what age has to do with how good a story is, since there exists plenty of old time animes that have far better stories than the ones out now.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    5 years ago isn't what I would call a long time ago, but everybody perceives time differently.

Also, I don't know what age has to do with how good a story is, since there exists plenty of old time animes that have far better stories than the ones out now.

True story. 80% of anime that come out nowadays are either ecchi with silly harem which goes nowhere or just legit weird relationships like brother and sister not a sibling kind of love, boring and blatant story where nothing interesting happens and so on. Perfect content for lonely weeaboos to drool at big-busted lolii's and weird physics of skirts and bust everywhere lol... I think i just cringed after trying to picture all of this in one image inside my brain.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I like SAO. I'm looking forward to UWO.

-waits for pitch forks and torches-

:D

Eh, I like it too. Not a die-hard fan. But I like it.

I like it because it kind of reminds me of how me and my husband met in a game that we played for 2 years. ^_^
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2017

I like SAO. I'm looking forward to UWO.

-waits for pitch forks and torches-

:D

Eh, I like it too. Not a die-hard fan. But I like it.

I like it because it kind of reminds me of how me and my husband met in a game that we played for 2 years. ^_^

I met my boyfriend in Mabinogi. :D
    If not Mabinogi i would probably still be single at this moment lol.
    I liked the first season of SAO, but after each season it got more and more harem and story was getting worse and worse as well though.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Raishii wrote: »

True story. 80% of anime that come out nowadays are either ecchi with silly harem which goes nowhere or just legit weird relationships like brother and sister not a sibling kind of love, boring and blatant story where nothing interesting happens and so on. Perfect content for lonely weeaboos to drool at big-busted lolii's and weird physics of skirts and bust everywhere lol... I think i just cringed after trying to picture all of this in one image inside my brain.

@Greta

Money. That's their main source so that's why it caters to those crowd so much. Just like the wing fetish exploded on mabi cuz Koreans have a fetish for avian feathers...Apparently. While the rest of us get shafted. :o
    Pectyl
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 3, 2017
    My last post just to tie some loose knots.
    Arjune wrote: »
    you're not giving the game itself a chance at all. that's rather lame. goodbye, my friend
    Honestly, I did. But I'm not really digging the progression mechanic. I mean I got to like lvl 41 and I barely got any increment of a few points across the stat board. Skills are a grindfest.(Tried to do blacksmith but still stuck at rank f) The only guy talking keep spamming something about gold over and over again and won't answer my question. Everyone else ignored me. So I gave up. Hope we meet again someday sometime somewhere on the vastness of the net.

Imaizumi wrote: »
    "story" in either of those anime haHAHa....

Don't join the hate-wagon plz. They're not so bad if you gave them a fair shot. Especially fate. Sad story. Quite an emotional ride.
    Rhey wrote: »
    I was about to offer U a free spare ALO Asuna set I have laying around my alts but nvm I guess. :|

I'd roleplay DoritoKirito. We culda run sum dungeons together. Share a bromance moment over a campfire. Given U a steam bun to eat when Ur hungry...And after we broke our back crossing dem mountain. We can pretend to log off but can't and worri-*FANFIC INTENSIFIES*

aS3OFf.gif

.P.S. Ur loss. :/

No thank you. You're creeping me out.

You gave up at level 41?

Most people quit around 10k.

In all seriousness, though, the increases were lackluster because permanent stats don't come from levelling. They come from ranking skills.

Something you would've found out had you given the game a fair shot.

But, seeing as you ONLY came for events that ended long ago, I can't imagine you appreciating what this game has to offer.

So, your departure isn't really a loss.
    Zerukan wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

This is the best response in this entire thread.
    Xiokun wrote:
    Mabinogi needs to update their advertisements. :( The SAO event was nearly 2 years ago. (or so)

Are there even any Mabinogi advertisements? The only thing that counts as advertisement I've seen in a very long time was a 30 second video on Facebook and even that has disappeared. They really should do more advertising.

Yes there are Mabi ads. If you ever search for mabi on your search engines, that will prompt ad companies that have bought access to the search engine to use your search data and distribute ads based on your searches. So much for FCC privacy laws. And they'll start spamming your page ads based on your searches. That's how the internet advertisments work.
    On Crunchyroll, they've been airing the memento trailer over and over and over and over and over every time I watch something.

That must be a recent behavior; the ad I saw that got me into Mabi was back on writing.com in July '09. Granted, I had made a character already, back in January of that year, but still, the ad definitely wasn't based on any recent searches up to that point.
    Zerukan wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

This is the best response in this entire thread.
    Xiokun wrote:
    Mabinogi needs to update their advertisements. :( The SAO event was nearly 2 years ago. (or so)

Are there even any Mabinogi advertisements? The only thing that counts as advertisement I've seen in a very long time was a 30 second video on Facebook and even that has disappeared. They really should do more advertising.

Yes there are Mabi ads. If you ever search for mabi on your search engines, that will prompt ad companies that have bought access to the search engine to use your search data and distribute ads based on your searches. So much for FCC privacy laws. And they'll start spamming your page ads based on your searches. That's how the internet advertisments work.
    On Crunchyroll, they've been airing the memento trailer over and over and over and over and over every time I watch something.

That must be a recent behavior; the ad I saw that got me into Mabi was back on writing.com in July '09. Granted, I had made a character already, back in January of that year, but still, the ad definitely wasn't based on any recent searches up to that point.
    Liyeta wrote: »
    please listen, sao ended long time ago. bashing sao is like bashing 1998 anime and saying the graphic is bad, the story is bad, and the audio is bad. right now what is airing is 2017 summer anime please get on with the time. move on people your rant is not even relevant with the current anime culture.

also,
    if you did not realize mabi development is directed to cater anime, manga, and other asian inspired fans. it is NORMAL for people to costpaly as their favorite character regardless of the franchise title. they have huge tolerant on your taste and don't really mind if you don't want to join them respect that. this is a game built for them, its not your place to criticize, judge, nor trash talk about their taste. doing so is just like an avid football fans going to an anime convention and calling everyone there weeb for being an anime fans and not an avid football fans. that's narrow minded, hypocrite, ignorant, and disgusting. don't be like that, this is not the place for showing that kind of attitude.

this is just my opinion and thank you for reading^^

INCORRECT.

This game was originally made based on Irish/Celtic/Welsh/Gaelic mythology (loosely based, but based nonetheless). It only did these anime events cause they knew they'd find people gullible enough to either spend money so they can get "anime swag" or find people who would pay enough money to get the "swag" so said players could sell said "swag" for inordinant amounts of gold to other players who weren't as lucky.
    Pectyl
  • Sword Art Online is one of my favorite anime of all time which has engaging elements like fantasy, action, romance, and drama embedded into each of the anime and if you are fan you Sword Art Online i suggest you guys to watch some similar anime which are more interesting
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    I came across these banner while browsing anime sites on the net.

o5aK1c.png
    Eaqcml.png

I can't find the storyline in game? Can someone help point me in the right direction? I'm a huge Asuna and Rin Tohska fan so I'd like to experience their story. Much appreciated in advance.

Both crossovers and asian cartoons where pure cancerous garbage honestly XD the only good one was Kemono Friends