Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we not immediately scream for nerfs?

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
Posts: 1,066
Member
edited July 12, 2018 in General Chat
So many people in game are screaming for nerfs on the story bosses of g21p2. What happened to a sense of accomplishment for beating something hard? This game basically spoon feeds you as is, and tbh I'm enjoying the more difficult fights so far.
  1. Difficulty137 votes
    1. Too Hard
       25% (34 votes)
    2. Slightly Too Hard
       21% (29 votes)
    3. Neither Hard Nor Easy
       32% (44 votes)
    4. Slightly Too Easy
       5% (7 votes)
    5. Too Easy
       17% (23 votes)

Comments

  • animegeekanimegeek
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    They made it too difficult. That is my opinion and I say either it needs nerfs, or make it so a group can fight alongside you. Otherwise for weaker players it is literally impossible to beat. I am near 5.3k total and I basically get 1 shot. That is nuts, either nerf it or make it a group fight. Tagar is almost impossible to beat with her dive underground attack spam, she spams it every 5 seconds and it is literally impossible to do damage against her etc. due to this spam.
    rjk10123Goldtiger01pawcalypseSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    animegeek wrote: »
    They made it too difficult. That is my opinion and I say either it needs nerfs, or make it so a group can fight alongside you. Otherwise for weaker players it is literally impossible to beat. I am near 5.3k total and I basically get 1 shot. That is nuts, either nerf it or make it a group fight. Tagar is almost impossible to beat with her dive underground attack spam, she spams it every 5 seconds and it is literally impossible to do damage against her etc. due to this spam.

    It's not literally impossible, have you thought of anything outside of just throwing yourself at it time and time again?

    Anchor rush gives Invuln and if you time it right it literally can't hurt you.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    All you need to do is have ton of Nao/Guardian Stones and you are good to go. Potions are a bonus. Thank you events (especially Treasure Hunt one).
    YuuzuruRadiant DawnpawcalypseVimi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,990
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    I'm stuck on Face to Face with the enemy with 50000% recovery. -_-
  • animegeekanimegeek
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    animegeek wrote: »
    They made it too difficult. That is my opinion and I say either it needs nerfs, or make it so a group can fight alongside you. Otherwise for weaker players it is literally impossible to beat. I am near 5.3k total and I basically get 1 shot. That is nuts, either nerf it or make it a group fight. Tagar is almost impossible to beat with her dive underground attack spam, she spams it every 5 seconds and it is literally impossible to do damage against her etc. due to this spam.

    It's not literally impossible, have you thought of anything outside of just throwing yourself at it time and time again?

    Anchor rush gives Invuln and if you time it right it literally can't hurt you.

    I don't use chain skills at all, I just think they made it too difficult for the 2nd part, and need to at least make it so that a group can do these missions, or nerf the missions altogether.
    FOXAssassin
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    animegeek wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    animegeek wrote: »
    They made it too difficult. That is my opinion and I say either it needs nerfs, or make it so a group can fight alongside you. Otherwise for weaker players it is literally impossible to beat. I am near 5.3k total and I basically get 1 shot. That is nuts, either nerf it or make it a group fight. Tagar is almost impossible to beat with her dive underground attack spam, she spams it every 5 seconds and it is literally impossible to do damage against her etc. due to this spam.

    It's not literally impossible, have you thought of anything outside of just throwing yourself at it time and time again?

    Anchor rush gives Invuln and if you time it right it literally can't hurt you.

    I don't use chain skills at all, I just think they made it too difficult for the 2nd part, and need to at least make it so that a group can do these missions, or nerf the missions altogether.

    The final chapter to the hardest storyline shouldn't be a cake walk. There's a lot of things you can do to make the mission easier for yourself.
    Ion
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,320
    Posts: 471
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    It would just help if those idiots would tell us what we had to do. I have less of a problem doing things, so long as I know what I am doing.
    Jazmyn3rdyBlissfulkillBuffalosGoldtiger01Radiant DawnSheenapawcalypseAeolysSherri
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 39
    Member
    It's been up for 3 hours. Strategy guides are going to need a lot more time than that to be able to get a good idea on anything reliable and consistent.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,990
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    These people are 2edgy4me. I have no idea how to success Face to Face as well, but i'm not jumping into QQ'ing right away. If i were you, i would try do some research before crying publicly in forums and calling developers idiots lmao. Also i don't understand how summoning a pet can cause a crash, never had such thing.

    Because when I summon a pet, somehow I get hit with a lag spike that I can't do anything in. -_-

    It's happened multiple times, different pets over the span of an hour and a half. However, it was only in that mission. In that lag spike, I would get aggroed by the boss' copies and be unable to do anything but take damage and watch as they kill my pet. Then if that wasn't bad enough, I would also crash.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Well they throw you in a mission against your self... with 50000% recovery and don't tell you anything. What are we suppose to do???

    back in the good ol days of g1 we used a campfire and archery to stack wound on Glas to halt his regen...

    I can't really say it's fair because the Face to Face mission took me all of 30 seconds but... There's a lot of mechanical things you can do to make any fight easier, be it chain skills, catering, music to make you run faster vs golem...
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,990
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    Chain skills actually screwed me over. It wasn't until I switched to guns and alternated between Way of the Gun and Final Hit, coupled with Pet Spam did I beat it. Of course with Battlefield Overture and Soul Link.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,990
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    People are upset over the difficulty. I've also found in issue regarding Creag because there's a field you're supposed to escape, and even though I was clear of it, I kept getting hit by their ability. It wasn't until I spammed movement speed buffs that I got past it. There are issues. The thing needs a bit of refining.

    @Hellkaizer Can you give an example of what you did? Also, what race is your character? I put what I did in a Face to Face titled thread in General and I put my actions as a Human. Players need all the help they can get here.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    THIS TIP IS ONLY IF YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO THE ELDER IS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OF SPOILERS
    if you're talking about the fight with talvish I pretty much had to kite him, his 30 sec crusader skill cancel works like dukes mist but harder after you get him to 70% you can use god mod autos to do more damage to him, I switch between god mode and regular to use heal on my self
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »

    @Hellkaizer Can you give an example of what you did? Also, what race is your character? I put what I did in a Face to Face titled thread in General and I put my actions as a Human. Players need all the help they can get here.

    Tbh, not really a tip that'd help people but I still can if you'd like. I'll post it here then go post it in the other thread too

    Elf, Final shot, Vision buff magnum shot. It doesn't live long when crits take 20% of its hp.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Posts: 122
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    The thing is the bosses in this generation are BY FAR the WORST designed bosses in mabinogi. Every other generation boss, even the EXTREMELY HARD ONES for their times gave you a fighting chance, but this one? Nope.

    People compared the doppleganger boss to glas... ok let me put it into perspective: A good analogy of how badly designed this boss is, is to consider glas. Now give him 1000x more HP...

    Sure there was one dude that said he killed it in 30 seconds... Great, wonder if I could do it with your 30k lvls...
    You shouldn't need literally end game gears and stats just to have a fighting chance in a STORYLINE boss.

    Unless there's some kind of convoluted trick to it, this boss is pure and simple BAD DESIGN.
    JazmynGoldtiger013rdyLongSlyBuffalosFOXAssassinSelenijaRadiant DawnAeolysEdethaand 3 others.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Posts: 122
    Member
    edited July 12, 2018
    Also before somebody says that we shouldn't whine just because it's a bit hard... it's not just hard. It's stupidly hard to the point of it be very very much unfair towards the LARGE majority of players.

    A hard boss or a hard game doesn't mean it's badly designed. Making it bullsheet kind of hard for all the wrong reasons, making it utterly unfrair and not even giving you a chance, THAT is bad design.

    The best example of hard games that are very well designed are the dark souls games. Sure they do have a few bits and pieces that are just stupidly unfair (seath first encounter, anor londo archers, the blizzard place from ds2, etc.) but even those give you the tools required to pass them, and most importantly, you can deal with them rather easily after you've seen it once or twice.

    You just cannot say the same about this generaion. Oh sure, with maxed out archery on elf it's a walk in the park if you're extremely high level... Great, what if I'm neither? Sure, I'll just grind 4k more levels and max out that one particular skill set that will allow me to finish it, yeah, no pressure...
    LongSlyFOXAssassinAeolysEdethaIon
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,990
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    HOLY MOLY, I think I'm at the final boss of Part 2 and it's a little crazy.
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 64
    Member
    Or, you can just chain cast firebolt and win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • xaeredxaered
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 2
    Member
    ya, i love difficult bosses and challenges, and this generation seems to be a bit on the extreme side. part 1 was ok to deal with as an elf. but part 2,sure i can easily use the combo mentioned above but honestly just seems on the extreme side and unbalanced to be forced to do that to have enough dps to do that mission. and those that don't just have to what... survive and do injury damage low enough to be able to get to the point of doing enough damage? at that point its just tedious and not really much of a challenge other than staying alive.
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,085
    Posts: 90
    Member
    My only bone to pick would be the final boss and the weird camera angle. I lost because of it