Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting Finals

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 11, 2020
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    I've only recently discovered the jousting mini-game, and it's really cool. What kind of rewards would there need to be to incentivize more people to participate in it again?

Kew, if you are on either Nao or Alexina, friend me and I'll teach you how to play; I have characters on both. I'll start with a few things:
    1) The minimum required number of entrants required for the finals is 8, this needs to be lowered.
    2) Two preliminary wins are required to get a ticket to the finals, like the fashion contest this should be reduced to one.
    3) Like the fashion contest, the jousting champion should get a statue in every town as well. Them rearing on a horse would make a nice dramatic pose.
    4) The traditional reward is a mid-grade lance, you can well imagine how thrilled Elves are about that. <-- sarcasm Perhaps a special lance looking like a jousting lance can be rewarded instead. They look like real lances and are thin little poles. Perhaps this can be a special lance that elves CAN wield, weaker than the physis lance. If this happens then of course Giants will complain that they can't do archery. So maybe opening the archer skills that both humans and elves can do, but not the racial specific ones, for atlatl might be just compensation.
    5) When all else fails, reward gold. The amount can easily be tweaked by the dev team.
    6) Some jousting shop items can't be transfered, change that.
    7) Some jousting shop items can't be repaired, or upgraded, change that.
    8) Last but most importantly, put my complete set of guides to jousting on sale in Lileas shop XD

I'm sure others will have more ideas to follow.
    CMKyriosWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    I've only recently discovered the jousting mini-game, and it's really cool. What kind of rewards would there need to be to incentivize more people to participate in it again?

Kew, if you are on either Nao or Alexina, friend me and I'll teach you how to play; I have characters on both. I'll start with a few things:
    1) The minimum required number of entrants required for the finals is 8, this needs to be lowered.
    2) Two preliminary wins are required to get a ticket to the finals, like the fashion contest this should be reduced to one.
    3) Like the fashion contest, the jousting champion should get a statue in every town as well. Them rearing on a horse would make a nice dramatic pose.
    4) The traditional reward is a mid-grade lance, you can well imagine how thrilled Elves are about that. <-- sarcasm Perhaps a special lance looking like a jousting lance can be rewarded instead. They look like real lances and are thin little poles. Perhaps this can be a special lance that elves CAN wield, weaker than the physis lance. If this happens then of course Giants will complain that they can't do archery. So maybe opeing the archer skills that both humans and elves can do for atlatl might be just compensation.
    5) When all else fails, reward gold. The amount can easily be tweaked by the dev team.
    7) Some jousting shop items can't be repaired, change that.
    8) Last but most importantly, put my complete set of guides to jousting on sale in Lileas shop XD

9) Make Jousting (Fashion Contest and Banquet too? Maybe even Festia's Treasure Hunt?) on a more comfortable time for EU players. These events happen literally around 2-5 AM in Europe.
    CMKyriosWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

4) The traditional reward is a mid-grade lance, you can well imagine how thrilled Elves are about that. <-- sarcasm Perhaps a special lance looking like a jousting lance can be rewarded instead. They look like real lances and are thin little poles. Perhaps this can be a special lance that elves CAN wield, weaker than the physis lance. If this happens then of course Giants will complain that they can't do archery. So maybe opeing the archer skills that both humans and elves can do for atlatl might be just compensation.
    7) Some jousting shop items can't be repaired, change that.

9) Make Jousting (Fashion Contest and Banquet too? Maybe even Festia's Treasure Hunt?) on a more comfortable time for EU players. These events happen literally around 2-5 AM in Europe.

Actually, yeah good idea. Since the finals happen on a sunday there is more flexibilty there.
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I personally think that the system should be upgraded where not all the same items are in reward shop at the same time. It should be a mix of the Tara Auction and Adventure Seal shop. Do a rotation of goods and include some rare items like maybe add some former gacha items at the cost of a high amount of points. Those goods must be unlocked by participating in a number of consecutive finals tournaments.

I think such reforms are necessary to bring life to jousting.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155

Materials for end game weapons. :D
    GretaWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa

I personally think that the system should be upgraded where not all the same items are in reward shop at the same time. It should be a mix of the Tara Auction and Adventure Seal shop. Do a rotation of goods and include some rare items like maybe add some former gacha items at the cost of a high amount of points. Those goods must be unlocked by participating in a number of consecutive finals tournaments.

I think such reforms are necessary to bring life to jousting.

Heya Kenny boy. Your win on Sunday put you to number three on the Nao ladder, I should be posting it Thursday.
    Crims wrote: »

Materials for end game weapons. :D

If they're willing to do that, why not. If you're not an end-of-gamer at least you can sell the materials to those whom are.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 May 10
    Alexina had 11-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 9 and its' final can be found here.

• HelsaHelsa
    2020 May 17
    Alexina had 9 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 7, so no finals there, this time.

• HelsaHelsa
    Both servers had finals this week, so it will take me a little bit longer to get them posted; stay tuned.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 27, 2020
    2020 May 24
    Alexina had 10-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 9-1 and its' final can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 May 31
    Alexina had 10-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 5, so no finals there, this time.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fayenia Guild, on Alexina, had a jousting tournament May 16. It can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Jun 07
    Alexina had 13-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 4, so no finals there, this time.

• HelsaHelsa
    2020 Jun 14
    Alexina had 7 while Nao had 6, so no finals this week. So, no video editing to do, this week; I might get caught up on my house-work!

• HelsaHelsa
    2020 June 21
    Alexina had 11-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 10-1 and its' final can be found here.

CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 1, 2020
    2020 June 28
    Alexina had 10-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 8-1 and its' final can be found here.

Twice a year, I publish the jouster rankings for each server. The rankings for Alexina, as of the first half of this year can be found here, while those of Nao can be found here.
    CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Jul 05
    Alexina had 10-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 7, so no finals there, this time.
    CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 July 12
    Alexina had 8-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 9-1 and its' final can be found here.
    CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fayenia Guild, on Alexina, had another jousting tournament July 14. It can be found here.

WolfsingerCMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 July 19
    Alexina had 9-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 6, so no finals there, this time.