Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting Finals

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I can see the future.... there will never be one again!!!
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Of course there will... they just need to inject some super-must-have-item into the Joust-Shop and Knights will flock to Tournament in droves.
    What would you put into the Joust-Shop for such purpose ? I'd (probably) go with...: Erg-Crystal, Erg Infusion-Catalyst, item-expiration removal, etc.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 2, 2020

For Alexina, I'd take the bet that there will be others. For Nao, I can't say, but never is a long time.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Helsa wrote: »

For Alexina, I'd take the bet that there will be others. For Nao, I can't say, but never is a long time.

Sorry, my bad... was just referring to Nao.... also thought you had to have 10 people per tournament.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Sorry, my bad... was just referring to Nao.... also thought you had to have 10 people per tournament.

8 people have to be registered by the time the tournament begins, minimum of 1 if 7 of the people quit before the first bout. :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 31, 2020

8 people have to be registered by the time the tournament begins, minimum of 1 if 7 of the people quit before the first bout. :)

I looked through the Nao tounaments, last year, it turns out that most of them happened because Ruairi Alt Guy was there. That's the guy from Ruairi that used to bring 8 characters to the finals on Ruairi. Since the other folks on Nao that did come are of the "well if it starts again THEN I'll start attending again" school, it doesn't look good for a Nao; ironically a server with 2.5 times more people that Alexina.

I looked through the Nao tounaments, last year, it turns out that most of them happened because Ruairi Alt Guy was there. That's the guy from Ruairi that used used to bring 8 characters to the finals on Ruairi. Since the other folks on Nao that did come are of the "well if it starts again THEN I'll start attending again" school, it doesn't look good for a Nao; ironically a server with 2.5 times more people that Alexina.

I think the only way Nao is going to have final tournaments is if 1. Devcat/Nexon updates the rewards and rewards system of jousting or 2. Players host their own tournaments giving out their own prizes. The current system just doesn't offer enough incentives for people to participate.
  • HelsaHelsa

I looked through the Nao tounaments, last year, it turns out that most of them happened because Ruairi Alt Guy was there. That's the guy from Ruairi that used used to bring 8 characters to the finals on Ruairi. Since the other folks on Nao that did come are of the "well if it starts again THEN I'll start attending again" school, it doesn't look good for a Nao; ironically a server with 2.5 times more people that Alexina.

I think the only way Nao is going to have final tournaments is if 1. Devcat/Nexon updates the rewards and rewards system of jousting or 2. Players host their own tournaments giving out their own prizes. The current system just doesn't offer enough incentives for people to participate.

Even in the pre-merge days the original servers had a tournament once in a blue moon. Mari, for example, had one the summer before the merge. Ruairi had them regularly just before the merge, but that was just one guy with 8 active accounts. But for regularly happening tournaments there are two ways: 1 as you said, add incentive, but (2) merge in Alexina XD. Player hosted tournaments do happen from time to time on Alexina as we have two kinda-sort-of-maybe-a-little-bit jousting guilds, one of which does this a few times a year.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Mar 8
    Alexina had 5 while Nao had 3; so, no finals, this time.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Mar 15
    Alexina channel 2 went into maintenance minutes prior to the final starting, while Nao had 3; so, no finals, this time.

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    2020 Mar 15
    Alexina channel 2 went into maintenance minutes prior to the final starting, while Nao had 3; so, no finals, this time.

Poor Alexina. Didn't even get a chance
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    2020 Mar 15

These things happen.
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    2020 Mar 15

These things happen.

Too many people in attendance.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Mar 22
    Alexina had 8-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 3; so, no final there, this time.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    2020 Mar 22
    Alexina had 8-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 3; so, no final there, this time as usual.

• HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    2020 Mar 22
    Alexina had 8-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 3; so, no final there, this time as usual.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Die jousting thread, DIE!

giphy.gif
    GretaWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crims wrote: »

giphy.gif

Poor jousting thread
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crims wrote: »

giphy.gif

It's gonna keep on, keep on, keep on, keep on grovin', baby!

Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    2020 Mar 29
    Alexina had 8-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 3; so, no final there, this time.